Pages: 1 ... 699 700 701 [702] 703 704 705 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1253623 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #10515 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 07:12:19 »

Good evening,

As some of you will know, I have made my feelings clear over the current situation at the club.

I put out feelers with my friends re the possibility of buying the club and I have received guarded advice on this from advisors both from the accountancy and legal fields

These enquires were by their very wording asking for ‘soft’ advise. The answers made it clear that a more formal approach re due diligence was not required at this time.

I had, and still have my concerns.

However, let’s be fair, Clem was asked to act regarding the on field management. He did.

He was asked to take action on player recruitment. He has.

We are only on day 18 of the transfer window. There is time for further changes. He has stated that funds are available, a point reiterated by Gav.

In the interest of fair play, he has to be given the full month to make changes. We all know the last week of any transfer window is the busiest.

To be bluntly honest, snide, antagonistic remarks from uninformed individuals does no one any favours. Sarcastic remarks about his use of the term look is nothing more than pathetic reducing any constructive conversations to a farce.

‘Look’ is a commonly used term in Australia to start a sentence. I’ve found myself using it when talking to them.

Clearly we are all entitled to our own opinion, it’s the very essence of football forums. But is it constructive? I doubt it, does it help solve anything? Nope!

Clem knows full well that he is accountable for his actions on which history will be written.

It is his challenge to prove us all wrong.

If he fails, he is well aware of the consequences,  he isn’t stupid!

Again, not digging out the poster but the content.

Despite the majority of social media Town fans (for want of a better term) being ready to protest a lot of our fans are purely football supports who only really take an interest in what happens between 3pm & 5pm on a Saturday.

For these people Clem’s wrong doings are based on the squad & manager. He has taken steps to address those issues - so for a lot of fans that the extend he needs to bounce back so to speak.

So, yeah Clem certainly does have to end of this window to rectify the on field problems but he’s not going to make us sustainable, buy back the shares & boot out Hart & Austin this month he is?

Just reiterates a point I made else where - I personally think the message of why we are protesting needs to be better spread before the actual protests really kick off…

ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #10516 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 07:24:43 »

I echo what other posters have said, it's too late for Clem to recover. Judging Clem on a good January will be like installing a smart screen TV on the Titanic.

Like politics, I yearn for STFC to just tick along and simmer under the surface rather than lurching from one crisis to another, only days and weeks apart. Those crisis' and the noise of the people who surround him will never end sadly. Clean start is best thing for everyone involved.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10517 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 08:26:42 »

Oh, and since then Zav has set-up the Pakistan Visa scheme, and despite Clem's claims, has directly linked that to STFC (who act as sponsor of the scheme to enable scholarships to be given).  The Academy itself uses the STFC name and logo when promoting itself in Pakistan.
‘Using the club for services that don’t benefit the club.’

Maybe he’s trying to get rid of Austin.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #10518 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 08:31:20 »

I echo what other posters have said, it's too late for Clem to recover. Judging Clem on a good January will be like installing a smart screen TV on the Titanic.

In my opinion potential owners of a club that has and likely will always lose money, are few and far between.

Do i want an honest, competent, ambitious owner that i can 100% get behind? Of course.

Sadly i believe the pool of owners is so small that we all have to be a little more practical. On that basis i'm prepared to allow Clem the latitude to recover. Not much evidence of it at the moment, but if it does happen then i'm behind it.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10519 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 09:16:09 »

I still don’t get why he needed to pump £1.1m in, allegedly. Wages, VAT and HMRC are the major outgoings for any club and he’s saying, with our T/O, we can’t pay those.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #10520 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 09:37:33 »

Maybe he’s trying to get rid of Austin.

He doubled (tripled?) down on Zavier/Zaver in the Morsehead interview. 'Without him i wouldnt get the club'... ZA is going nowhere. 

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10521 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 09:42:02 »

Just how did the Aussie plumber and the convicted money launderer cross paths in the first place.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #10522 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 09:42:45 »

Just how did the Aussie plumber and the convicted money launderer cross paths in the first place.

Through our ex-owner wasn't it?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #10523 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 09:57:11 »

Think it preceded that as Clem said Zav introduced himself to Harrow FC, then after Clem wanted a little bit more football-wise, Zav introduced him to Power. Believe that's the origin stories references in previous interviews.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10524 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 09:59:20 »

Still doesn’t explain how they met in the first place, though.
Jericho

Ignore
« Reply #10525 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 10:00:06 »

Yep, Austin was originally brought in during summer 2015 by Power as a non-executive director (https://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/sport/13585526.town-appoint-three-new-non-executive-directors/)
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #10526 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 12:53:50 »

Someone at the club he was sponsoring introduced him to Lee Power then Zav came after. Bet he regrets the day he met them
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #10527 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 13:37:49 »

Someone on our Whatsapp group was in the club shop earlier and mentioned that it was very cold inside. He was told the heating doesn't work, which is ironic given the owner and CEO are from a plumbing background.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #10528 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 14:15:42 »

Someone on our Whatsapp group was in the club shop earlier and mentioned that it was very cold inside. He was told the heating doesn't work, which is ironic given the owner and CEO are from a plumbing background.

Doesn’t work or switched off (to save money)?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #10529 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 14:58:54 »

Doesn’t work or switched off (to save money)?

I did wonder. Would be a terrible way to treat employees though wouldn't it?

Pages: 1 ... 699 700 701 [702] 703 704 705 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: