Pages: 1 ... 675 676 677 [678] 679 680 681 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1254050 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #10155 on: Thursday, January 4, 2024, 13:28:05 »

I've seen the schedule for the fans forum and it almost looks like they have everyone there from the marketing guy to the women's manager, now to be honest the evening is not going to be about the women's team or the academy this time, its going to be about Clem trying to defend himself from more criticism and how the club has been run, and Flynn talking about players and who we have signed and who we haven't.

I feel that with all the extra people and only allowing 45 mins for boardroom and then 45 mins for anything football don't give a lot of time, and they will be wanting to wrap it up by 9.

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #10156 on: Thursday, January 4, 2024, 13:33:01 »

Yeah i think with the number of people on the panel, and the time split this is going to be a bit of a waste of time.

Has there ever been a fans forum that has not been a waste of time though?
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #10157 on: Thursday, January 4, 2024, 13:46:21 »

If there’s no opportunity for audience engagement then they may as well pre-record it behind closed doors. They’ll also be able to edit the inevitable PR own goals by the CEO that way!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10158 on: Thursday, January 4, 2024, 13:48:35 »

The museum is a charity in its own right with trustees and isn't run by the Trust, the trust provides updates as a good way of communicating to fans.

I am also fully aware of the set-up here, my point is that time is being used, even if only a very limited amount, in supporting it from the Trust.  It also appears under the Trust update on the AB meeting.  It shouldn't have anything to do with the Trust, in my personal opinion, if you want an effective Trust.  

Don't confuse that in any way, shape or form, with suggesting the Museum is a bad idea.  Far from it, I think it is a great idea.  Something the JV could own, or the club, with the support of a registered Charity (which I presume helps with tax implications and enabling volunteer hours).

Every man hour spent on something that doesn't serve the core purpose is an hour wasted.  Those man hours are very valuable and need to be used wisely and sparingly.  I think a lot of the issues the Trust is facing stem from trying to be everything to everyone.  Sure, a good working relationship with the club can help, but it is NOT vital if doing so impedes delivering the core purpose.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10159 on: Thursday, January 4, 2024, 14:17:38 »

I am also fully aware of the set-up here, my point is that time is being used, even if only a very limited amount, in supporting it from the Trust.  It also appears under the Trust update on the AB meeting.  It shouldn't have anything to do with the Trust, in my personal opinion, if you want an effective Trust. 

Don't confuse that in any way, shape or form, with suggesting the Museum is a bad idea.  Far from it, I think it is a great idea.  Something the JV could own, or the club, with the support of a registered Charity (which I presume helps with tax implications and enabling volunteer hours).

Every man hour spent on something that doesn't serve the core purpose is an hour wasted.  Those man hours are very valuable and need to be used wisely and sparingly.  I think a lot of the issues the Trust is facing stem from trying to be everything to everyone.  Sure, a good working relationship with the club can help, but it is NOT vital if doing so impedes delivering the core purpose.

My feelings on it too. Spending too much time in the wrong areas and if they don't reconsider, all that'll be left of this football club is what you can put in a museum.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #10160 on: Thursday, January 4, 2024, 18:14:14 »

James Phipps standing for the trust board again
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #10161 on: Thursday, January 4, 2024, 18:36:49 »

Been a Trust member for many years* but not overly au fait with the inns & outs of the board over the years, but potentially having Phipps back on board strikes me as a positive move?

*I'm not dead or necessarily a couch potato "happy clapper" whatever the fuck one of those is.
Trying to have a positive outlook on all aspects of life despite numerous hurdles along the way is a good thing no?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10162 on: Thursday, January 4, 2024, 18:44:42 »

Quote from: tans
James Phipps standing for the trust board again

That sounds good to me.

I thought he'd disappeared
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10163 on: Thursday, January 4, 2024, 18:46:13 »

No chance of Aberdeen running again I wonder.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #10164 on: Thursday, January 4, 2024, 18:51:49 »

No chance of Aberdeen running again I wonder.

Isn't he part of the old guard you don't like?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #10165 on: Thursday, January 4, 2024, 18:55:22 »

The old guard I don’t like?
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #10166 on: Thursday, January 4, 2024, 19:01:12 »

The old guard I don’t like?

I'm not sure that comment was directed at you?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10167 on: Thursday, January 4, 2024, 21:01:05 »

When have I ever had an issue with Rob Angus?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10168 on: Thursday, January 4, 2024, 21:49:27 »

I think he is pointing out that Rob Angus was involved with the Trust when it cultivated the relationship with Clem, which started before he purchased the club because Clem was meeting with them about the ground purchase.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #10169 on: Friday, January 5, 2024, 11:15:29 »

When did early bird season tickets go on sale last year?

I’m actually fascinated by how they will approach this…

#competitivebudget
Pages: 1 ... 675 676 677 [678] 679 680 681 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: