Pages: 1 ... 672 673 674 [675] 676 677 678 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1253616 times)
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #10110 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2024, 11:33:31 »

Looking back at the Trust communications since November there was an opportunity missed when Steve Mytton resigned to say 'If you are interested in joining the board do this.

I don't think it's a cynical attempt to exclude but the Trust does need to get back to reading the room on members and wider fans opinions.

Hopefully the selection and voting process gives the chance to understand what the new intake to the board represent as that has been lost in the last 12-18 months.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #10111 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2024, 12:06:53 »

It isn't just about people who want to stand. It is also about people who simply want a vote.

And as part owners of the ground, I think the Trust are morally obliged to try and make their membership as large and representative of the wider fanbase as possible.

This is shambolic at best and underhand at worst.

STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #10112 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2024, 12:21:49 »

It isn't just about people who want to stand. It is also about people who simply want a vote.

And as part owners of the ground, I think the Trust are morally obliged to try and make their membership as large and representative of the wider fanbase as possible.

This is shambolic at best and underhand at worst.

I don't understand what is shambolic?
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #10113 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2024, 12:23:49 »

I don't understand what is shambolic?

Announcing an 'event' the day after the deadline closes.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #10114 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2024, 12:34:32 »

Oh God, here we go again
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10115 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2024, 12:35:11 »

Wondering if an alternative fans support group, one that questions the current regime more, could get set up? I'd definitely contribute to one.

The Swindons peoples front or the peoples front of Swindon?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10116 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2024, 12:35:40 »

Announcing an 'event' the day after the deadline closes.
Says in the Trust email that the AGM is in February and are looking for new board members.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #10117 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2024, 12:39:12 »

Says in the Trust email that the AGM is in February and are looking for new board members.

I believe he means that to enable you to run to be a board member, you need to be a member at 1st Jan, the email came out on the 3rd.

I don't think this is unique to Trust STFC, a quick search shows Exeter do it the same way and it happens that way every year.

https://www.weownexetercityfc.co.uk/post/re-run-election-faqs
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10118 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2024, 12:40:51 »

Surely if anybody was that interested in getting on the Trust board they’d already be a member.

What’s the big deal.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #10119 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2024, 12:42:09 »

I don't understand the problem except maybe a personal vendetta.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #10120 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2024, 12:50:28 »

Surely if anybody was that interested in getting on the Trust board they’d already be a member.

What’s the big deal.

I agree and they can always join as a member and then if not all board places are filled be co opted at a later date.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10121 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2024, 13:18:33 »

I was thinking of standing, as I have enough time, but the amount of abuse those guys get puts me off

Fuck off cunt.

Nah fair play, I get where you're coming from.

For me, other than the fact I don't really have the time for that sort of thing (yes, I know I'm on here all the time, usually when its dead at work) I'm probably far too pissed off and Anti Clem to be objective at this point.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10122 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2024, 13:23:22 »

Indeed. Maybe one or two people should think about the abuse they give them honestly. It was said the current chairman was accosted at a game with his kid. Who the hell wants that!

Pity he didn't direct his anger at Clem.

Again fans looking at all the wrong places.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10123 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2024, 13:24:09 »

Spencer however deserved everything he got the moment he started making passive aggressive threats to fans on Twitter and constantly defending Morfuni no matter what. I’d go as far to say the behaviour of Spencer is the primary reason many turned on the Trust, it was certainly the main red flag for me.

Fair.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #10124 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2024, 13:47:40 »

What’s the big deal.
I think that this ignores the proportion of people who want the best for the club, who have chosen to leave as they perceive them as ineffective. I have chosen to stay a member of the trust as I think being inside the tent is better, but i think it diminishes others intentions to just write it off.

Alex Pollock said on twitter that the timing of the email was by the regulations (8 weeks prior to the meeting) but also said he's chosen to stand down and informed the trust weeks before.
I think it's likely that the trust knew the amount of vacancies there would be to fill.
I think they could have tweeted about this and how it COULD be a change in direction, get involved, but they've chosen not to.
To my mind - that's an opportunity missed, although i won't ascribe that to ill intent just yet

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Pages: 1 ... 672 673 674 [675] 676 677 678 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: