Pages: 1 ... 651 652 653 [654] 655 656 657 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1253940 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9795 on: Thursday, December 21, 2023, 11:44:43 »

I was celebrating like anyone when Clem won the court case.

There were red flags early but they were more orange at first.

Its been a slow realisation for the fan base with only the happiest of happy clappers left. Some of them seem more Clem fans than Swindon fans.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #9796 on: Thursday, December 21, 2023, 11:44:57 »

Let’s not pretend otherwise.

Whether it was tip of the ice berg stuff - the first 12 months under Clem went extremely well & no one gave his intentions and the clubs finances a second thought.

That's simply not true.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #9797 on: Thursday, December 21, 2023, 11:48:18 »

Life is easier when the football is good, that's for sure.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #9798 on: Thursday, December 21, 2023, 12:56:45 »

There were red flags early but they were more orange at first.

Its been a slow realisation for the fan base with only the happiest of happy clappers left. Some of them seem more Clem fans than Swindon fans.

I think there's quite a big gap between thinking Clem has been a disappointment and thinking we'd have been better off if Power won. Same as 'celebrating' Power winning the club off Jed back in the day. Sometimes you have to take the lesser of two evils I fear.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9799 on: Thursday, December 21, 2023, 13:32:11 »

I'm not sure Power was a lesser evil than Jed to be honest.

Jed was a bit of a wideboy tit but he also wanted to Sam Hamman and be in with the lads. Wasn't going to get that way if the club was completely fucked, he'd have been lynched.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #9800 on: Thursday, December 21, 2023, 13:35:58 »

I'm not sure Power was a lesser evil than Jed to be honest.

Jed was a bit of a wideboy tit but he also wanted to Sam Hamman and be in with the lads. Wasn't going to get that way if the club was completely fucked, he'd have been lynched.
Power was a far lesser evil then McCrory, I got all sorts off violent threats off Jed as did Tans I believe.

Look at the trail of destruction Jed has been involved in; us, Worcester Warriors, Hereford, rumours of Yeovil at one time.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #9801 on: Thursday, December 21, 2023, 13:38:29 »

I still don't understand why the Trust picked sides in the Mexican stand off that was the Power/Clem/Zav/Standing fallout. There were no good guys.

I've never understood why the Boston Celtics folks would have allegedly been happy to be a Power/Curran front either.
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 21, 2023, 13:52:33 by Mooneyraker » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #9802 on: Thursday, December 21, 2023, 13:41:04 »

Power was a far lesser evil then McCrory, I got all sorts off violent threats off Jed as did Tans I believe.

Look at the trail of destruction Jed has been involved in; us, Worcester Warriors, Hereford, rumours of Yeovil at one time.

Them were the days
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #9803 on: Thursday, December 21, 2023, 13:46:15 »

Them were the days
The Bentley on fake plates 
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9804 on: Thursday, December 21, 2023, 13:47:00 »

Should have just gone in the tap he went in there after games after a few hours. Could have got away with whacking him in there. He was a pretty small bloke.

All cut from the same cloth aren't they unfortunately, which is the problem. Circle of death.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #9805 on: Thursday, December 21, 2023, 13:51:34 »

Should have just gone in the tap he went in there after games after a few hours. Could have got away with whacking him in there. He was a pretty small bloke.

All cut from the same cloth aren't they unfortunately, which is the problem. Circle of death.

"Dr Death will see you now."

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9806 on: Thursday, December 21, 2023, 13:54:43 »

Me too.

A ramble pointless incoming....

But I though it was me, myself and I (well him, himself and he..) . It didn't take long for someone to give the nod that this may not be the case. The warning was trying to appoint Austin as vice-chair. But it looked good football wise, Angus was CEO and there was nothing to really see as worrying early on.

Like so many, I donated my ST refund. And I do think it was the correct call at the time.

But boy did I start to feel devalued pretty quickly. The 1 adult and 2 u18 season ticket was scrapped straight away meaning the cost to sit in the same seats went UP. Or didn't. My eldest son worked most Saturdays so I simply dropped his ticket that he had since about 5 years old and bought ad-hoc.

Then came the Man City debacle over pricing. Rip as much money as you can out the hand that feeds you. I paid, of course I did. But it left a bad taste. Thankfully City don't have a rubbish team for the cups.

Then came failure in promotion. OK, it happens. But afterwards the squad was cheapened up with most experience shipped out - Duke was right. Very reminiscent of Power/Williams TBH but of lesser quality. It took weeks to appoint someone we already employed and preseason was a joke. WTF happened. Did we lose financial backing from someone?

Then the "accidental director" stuff started. Hart, Kiely, etc. Not exactly something you do by accident. This was the beginning of the end of trust in Clem really. Sharegate was just the final straw in the sham new era of transparency. A straw that will at least cost us cash.

Now we have Clem and the Axis crew in, an impedant Trust, no cash, several possibilities of further FA/EFL charges a CEO who doesn't understand football or how to speak in public, and Clem overseeing the January transfers.

Brilliant.

In the interest of a bit of ballance it looks like we have paid off inherited debt to external parties (some like HMRC that could shut us down), the ground deal has been done and although we can see direction of travel the team isn't in a disastrous league position.

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #9807 on: Thursday, December 21, 2023, 16:43:06 »

Many of us did, i certainly did and feel an absolute cunt for it too. I was invested on a personal level too and if i am being totally hones it absolutely battered my mental health around 6 months ago on top of other things.

Anyone knows me knows i have washed y hands of it all and stopped going now as well, i will maintain though that his intentions i still believe were good but the rest of the crew involved unfortunately just had too much involvment and he is now fucked. Like i say i have no involvment now and this isn't supportive post far from it but Just be a bit easy on a few who were taken in mate. 

This isn’t about point scoring Mate and really sad to see that you have personally suffered over this.
Never forget you remain an STFC Supporter and have been around a lot longer than these Chancers.
Most of this has been best kept off public forums.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #9808 on: Friday, December 22, 2023, 09:45:49 »

Have I completely imagined that Clem Jong Un committed to some kind of Fan’s Forum whilst he’s over?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #9809 on: Friday, December 22, 2023, 10:09:45 »

You are correct i believe.

Whether it happens or not is another matter of course
Pages: 1 ... 651 652 653 [654] 655 656 657 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: