Pages: 1 ... 650 651 652 [653] 654 655 656 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1254381 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #9780 on: Thursday, December 21, 2023, 10:23:42 »

I did find the outgoing Chairman’s comments a bit off, referring to a “subset of supporters” rather than acknowledging the clear and present dangers to the future of the club.

At some point a mea culpa from the Trust would help to heal wounds and regain support.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #9781 on: Thursday, December 21, 2023, 10:30:24 »

But how much access did he have to how the club was being run - financially and ethically. Not getting his shares for his £1.1m should have been an eye-opener. How much time did he actually spend at the club - I Can't imagine much. Power was a master of hiding stuff and Clem seems a bit of a plum.

Plenty of similar sized clubs publish decent accounts as discussed as nauseam.

If the costs of running a L2 club are a shock to him, he must be absolutely criminally stupid and have done literally zero due diligence or research.
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 21, 2023, 10:33:34 by Mooneyraker » Logged
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #9782 on: Thursday, December 21, 2023, 10:34:56 »

But how much access did he have to how the club was being run - financially and ethically. Not getting his shares for his £1.1m should have been an eye-opener. How much time did he actually spend at the club - I Can't imagine much. Power was a master of hiding stuff and Clem seems a bit of a plum.

I’d tend to agree, and I think he basically had little choice but to buy the club to protect his money, as he’d of got next to fuck all back when Power sold the club (to himself) at a cut price & put it into administration to write off the debt.

The one positive is that now that most of the money we now own is to Clem, so he’s unlikely to put the club into administration as he will lose his money.

I think he liked the idea of being involved in a football club but didn’t want to own it.
Really think he would sell if he could get his money back, just think there are maybe outside influences stopping him
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #9783 on: Thursday, December 21, 2023, 10:38:28 »

I’d tend to agree, and I think he basically had little choice but to buy the club to protect his money, as he’d of got next to fuck all back when Power sold the club (to himself) at a cut price & put it into administration to write off the debt.

The one positive is that now that most of the money we now own is to Clem, so he’s unlikely to put the club into administration as he will lose his money.

I think he liked the idea of being involved in a football club but didn’t want to own it.
Really think he would sell if he could get his money back, just think there are maybe outside influences stopping him

Putting £7m+ into a high risk business to “protect” circa £1m isn’t one you’ll find in the textbooks.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #9784 on: Thursday, December 21, 2023, 10:41:48 »

Assuming that the money put in under his name was actually his own money of course and that he wasn’t just a funnel for some money from say individuals that wouldn’t be allowed to own part of the club…..
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9785 on: Thursday, December 21, 2023, 10:43:03 »

There has always been a bit of conjecture about how well his construction companies have been doing. I know he waxed lyrical about the large turnover (rather than profit), but if they are making large losses and he has creditors chasing money, then my concern is that he is trying to use some of the income from the football club to try and balance those books. (as well as whatever nefarious things may or may not be happening with certain individuals)

This is pure speculation from me by the way, not a notion if this is likely or not.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9786 on: Thursday, December 21, 2023, 10:47:31 »

Gut feel says a number of individuals on the board enjoy their cosy relationship with Morfuni a little too much and don’t want to jeopardise that so make it harder than it should be to actually challenge or be critical of the club.

Seems pretty obvious that is the case, unfortunately. They need outing but with the trusts membership dwindling by the minute there might not be anyone left to get them out.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9787 on: Thursday, December 21, 2023, 10:53:33 »

Plenty of similar sized clubs publish decent accounts as discussed as nauseam.

If the costs of running a L2 club are a shock to him, he must be absolutely criminally stupid and have done literally zero due diligence or research.
I think you’ve nailed it with the ‘criminally stupid’ bit.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9788 on: Thursday, December 21, 2023, 10:58:33 »

Assuming that the money put in under his name was actually his own money of course and that he wasn’t just a funnel for some money from say individuals that wouldn’t be allowed to own part of the club…..

Is that the definitely not vice chairman with a history of money laundering or the 'strength and conditioning' coach who is formerly one of the biggest drug dealers in the country who would have plenty of money to launder?
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 21, 2023, 11:03:04 by ChalkyWhiteIsGod » Logged
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #9789 on: Thursday, December 21, 2023, 11:19:53 »

TBH given how he uncritically joined in the Clem cheerleading I’m not sure he’s worth bothering with.
Many of us did, i certainly did and feel an absolute cunt for it too. I was invested on a personal level too and if i am being totally hones it absolutely battered my mental health around 6 months ago on top of other things.

Anyone knows me knows i have washed y hands of it all and stopped going now as well, i will maintain though that his intentions i still believe were good but the rest of the crew involved unfortunately just had too much involvment and he is now fucked. Like i say i have no involvment now and this isn't supportive post far from it but Just be a bit easy on a few who were taken in mate.  
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 21, 2023, 11:25:31 by TailBetweenLegs » Logged
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #9790 on: Thursday, December 21, 2023, 11:25:34 »

Many of us did, i certainly did and feel an absolute cunt for it too. I was invested on a personal lecel too and if i am being totally hones it absolutely battered my mental health around 6 months ago on top of other things.

Anyone knows me knows i have washed y hands of it all and stopped going now as well, i will maintain though that his intentions i still believe were good but the rest of the crew involved unfortunately just had too much involvemnet and he is now fucked. Like i say i have no involvement now and this isn't supportive post far from it but Just be a bit easy on a few who were taken in mate. 

Sorry to hear that TBL. Hope you can find a reason to go again. It’s not worth letting them win.

I try and park my views for a few hours on a Saturday and enjoy the day out. Worth a try if you can.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9791 on: Thursday, December 21, 2023, 11:28:05 »

Many of us did, i certainly did and feel an absolute cunt for it too. I was invested on a personal level too and if i am being totally hones it absolutely battered my mental health around 6 months ago on top of other things.

Anyone knows me knows i have washed y hands of it all and stopped going now as well, i will maintain though that his intentions i still believe were good but the rest of the crew involved unfortunately just had too much involvment and he is now fucked. Like i say i have no involvment now and this isn't supportive post far from it but Just be a bit easy on a few who were taken in mate. 

Out boxing day? See plenty of old faces as loads going, be a good time to catch up. Might be the last for a while as a lot are making it their last hurrah I think.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #9792 on: Thursday, December 21, 2023, 11:29:32 »

Somewhat of an ‘I’m Spartacus’ moment. So I’ll step forward and join in with Tailbetweenlegs and add myself to that list. I personally thanked Clem when he appeared like the second coming at Supermarine 2 1/2 years ago for ‘saving our club’. On the face of it at the time he did, now I’m not so sure. Looking very much like from the frying pan into the fire now.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9793 on: Thursday, December 21, 2023, 11:32:48 »

Let’s not pretend otherwise.

Whether it was tip of the ice berg stuff - the first 12 months under Clem went extremely well & no one gave his intentions and the clubs finances a second thought.
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #9794 on: Thursday, December 21, 2023, 11:37:51 »

Doesn't make it right though mate does it?
Pages: 1 ... 650 651 652 [653] 654 655 656 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: