Pages: 1 ... 633 634 635 [636] 637 638 639 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1248303 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9525 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 08:26:25 »

Which is why it’s so difficult to get rid of the entire shady network - there’s too many of them complicit in it.

Any prospective new owner would do a forensic study of the accounts and uncover it all.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #9526 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 08:26:44 »

So basically our income - ticket sales/merchandise sales/sponsorship does not cover these costs that they have listed?

Is there anyway of roughly extrapolating what these annual costs may be broken down. PaulD loves this sort of shit Smiley for example take Tranmere or Carlisle's accounts and do a 'compare' no idea if that's even feasible but.
I did think of doing that extrapolated view, but I think the delta between an extrapolated comparison of tranmere VS STFC reality is the only real benefit. it would show where the bodies are buried in terms of expensive contracts.

You'd like to think the Trust would have asked a little more detail than nodding, whistling and going "yeah that's a big number" for all the expenditures

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9527 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 08:36:59 »

If the club are umming and aahing about showing the accounts to the Trust, just think how they’d react to a new owner wanting to go over them.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #9528 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 09:14:51 »

Is there anyone who still believe Morfuni is the Messiah??
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #9529 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 09:27:28 »

If the club are umming and aahing about showing the accounts to the Trust, just think how they’d react to a new owner wanting to go over them.

I’d imagine the few million on quid that was potentially on offer would help.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #9530 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 10:00:39 »

Proving to be a very naughty boy?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #9531 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 10:02:18 »

Which is why it’s so difficult to get rid of the entire shady network - there’s too many of them complicit in it.

Any prospective new owner would do a forensic study of the accounts and uncover it all.

This 100%
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9532 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 10:10:28 »

I suspect many will be drawn to this statement -

"
The cash flow forecast for the next 12 months was also provided and this showed when further funds will be required. Scott was able to see movement in loan accounts and the figures confirmed that Clem Morfuni had put significant funds into the club this year to keep the club afloat and is forecasting to do so next."

And will say that without Clem we'd be in the shit and he's saved us and continues to. I remain unconvinced.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #9533 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 10:23:46 »

The concern for me is that there are give or take probably 20-30 clubs in the UK that have broadly “similar” profiles to ours and with the absolute shitshow that is our ownership/legal situation, any prospective buyer would likely have to pay over the odds to clear the vultures out and there would still be all the legacy legal headaches hanging over them.

On that basis, as a buyer you’d probably move on to another target club once you realised that.

Our only hope for a clean slate in my opinion is when this entire house of cards collapses us into administration but I think that just means that the next vulture in line (Kiely, Parladorio, whoever else’s wife is in the room that day) picks us up for a song and the nightmare doom loop continues.

It’s a Greek tragedy.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9534 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 10:24:23 »

The line item 'security costs' might be an interesting one. 🤔

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #9535 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 10:55:24 »

Not sure why you would refer to the CEO and CFO by first name in that email like they are your mates but here we are.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #9536 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 11:25:49 »

Lots of words that basically say nothing. So the Trust now just going to toe the line that it’s all because our running costs are at least double that of any other club at this level are they? Is that not a massive red flag in itself and suggest money is being extracted in some way?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9537 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 11:52:48 »

Unless there’s an explanation of what specific costs have increased by £2m YoY the whole exercise is pointless

Agree. Its just waffle.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #9538 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 11:54:41 »

Let's see how much "Laundry" costs are
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9539 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 11:56:28 »

Still fucking divs on the Facebook group yeah.
Pages: 1 ... 633 634 635 [636] 637 638 639 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: