Pages: 1 ... 618 619 620 [621] 622 623 624 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1253736 times)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #9300 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 12:40:15 »

What did the forward plan say about the academy btw? Lie after lie
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #9301 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 12:42:38 »

That's correct as my i know someone who used to be involved. The minute a youth team player makes an official 1st team appearance their fee is set at £250k as opposed to a tribunal & peanuts.

If this is true and you got wind of a bigger club being interested wouldn't you play them (even for a few mins) to make sure you got paid something.

As others have said we've lost youngsters to bigger teams for years and more often than not got next to fuck all for them.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9302 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 13:14:17 »

What did the forward plan say about the academy btw? Lie after lie

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I fairness we don't know how much of this is true, if it's normal business or is a specific player is pushing for a move or what
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #9303 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 13:18:58 »

If this is true and you got wind of a bigger club being interested wouldn't you play them (even for a few mins) to make sure you got paid something.

As others have said we've lost youngsters to bigger teams for years and more often than not got next to fuck all for them.

True - i believe it was bought in to protect clubs who have lost youth teams players for crap money.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #9304 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 14:21:48 »

True - i believe it was bought in to protect clubs who have lost youth teams players for crap money.

I can't see any mention of the £250k for making a first team appearence in the EPPP document, unless I have missed this the last few pages on the below document.

https://resources.premierleague.com/premierleague/document/2022/07/18/3fceeddc-01d1-4f99-a01c-247fed27682d/Handbook_2022-23_PL-Youth-Development-Rules.pdf
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 14:24:43 by STFC_Manc » Logged
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #9305 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 14:29:36 »

I can't see any mention of the £250k for making a first team appearence in the EPPP document, unless I have missed this the last few pages on the below document.

https://resources.premierleague.com/premierleague/document/2022/07/18/3fceeddc-01d1-4f99-a01c-247fed27682d/Handbook_2022-23_PL-Youth-Development-Rules.pdf

If I had time I'd go through it but I trust the info I was told a few years back. All may have changed as I said. Regardless of what we get, don't get, selling all our young assets isn't the way forward.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #9306 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 14:36:33 »

If I had time I'd go through it but I trust the info I was told a few years back. All may have changed as I said. Regardless of what we get, don't get, selling all our young assets isn't the way forward.

The information you were told is wrong? This is the actual document.  I'm not sure we get much choice in who we sell? Now if we are actively trying to offload then thats a different matter.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 14:38:42 by STFC_Manc » Logged
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #9307 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 14:38:46 »

The EPPP scheme lets them take nippers for next to fuck all, I'm not at all sure a few minutes in the first team would bump the price up to £250k... every 10 appearances in the first team triggers another payment of a few thousand, up to a total of about £1.3m after 100 apps, I believe...

STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #9308 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 14:39:51 »

The EPPP scheme lets them take nippers for next to fuck all, I'm not at all sure a few minutes in the first team would bump the price up to £250k... every 10 appearances in the first team triggers another payment of a thousand, up to a total of about £1.3m after 100 apps, I believe...

From reading the document, it looks like it's 1st team appearences for the new club, not the current club.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9309 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 14:41:58 »

How long are the trust going to let the aussie spiv and friends hold out on the look at the books and then lie about it?

I'm surprised no more has been said since Hall called them all liars.

They're going to need to side against Clem at some point.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #9310 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 14:58:48 »

How long are the trust going to let the aussie spiv and friends hold out on the look at the books and then lie about it?

I'm surprised no more has been said since Hall called them all liars.

They're going to need to side against Clem at some point.

Who are "they" at this point?

The Chairman has gone. One of the other originally vocal Vice Chairs has removed any mention from his Twitter bio and 'likes' a lot of negative comments about the club. Chris van Roon has obviously gone. Is it just one man in a bunker left?

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #9311 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 15:04:17 »

Steve Mytton hasn't gone, he's announced he'll step down at the AGM in Feb, not immediately. I think it's pretty clear reading between the lines (not itk) that there's a level of internal disagreement within the Trust board that probably makes agreeing external comms rather difficult.

I'd suspect that they're trying to use Hall's "come in any time and see the books" to actually... get in and see the books. That was the original goal and still is, I'd assume. Calling the CEO a cunt publicly, whilst cathartic, probably won't help achieve that.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9312 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 15:24:44 »

Steve Mytton hasn't gone, he's announced he'll step down at the AGM in Feb, not immediately. I think it's pretty clear reading between the lines (not itk) that there's a level of internal disagreement within the Trust board that probably makes agreeing external comms rather difficult.

I'd suspect that they're trying to use Hall's "come in any time and see the books" to actually... get in and see the books. That was the original goal and still is, I'd assume. Calling the CEO a cunt publicly, whilst cathartic, probably won't help achieve that.

Fair. I'm just wondering at what point they draw a line under it and realise the club have no intention of doing so. October this was originally promised.

The optimist in me hopes the trust may be talking to potential buyers in the background as while there must be some internal disagreement, I can't imagine there are many Clem loyalists left.
Mr Stevens

Ignore
« Reply #9313 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 16:47:43 »

If I remember correctly, the Class 1 Accademies could take who they liked from whoever they wanted for very little money and, in return, the selling clubs got a better share of the TV money. With scouting being what it is and the big clubs collecting players like souvenirs from a holiday in Rome, it is increasingly unlikely that players that slip through their sieves will be hidden gems.

It reminds be from school when we lined up against the wall and the good players were picked first, leaving the fat kids getting cold. I was one of the fat kids. Actually, I was big boned.

Anyway, to get money for a teenager is the way forward nowadays and hoping that the ones who stay with Swindon turn out well,  got example Rideout and Twine.

Take your chips and fuck off home.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #9314 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 16:54:59 »

Lots of stuff swilling around today but I can't see much of it being stuff to genuinely fret about. All it takes now is a tweet or two and things are whipped up but I think we're at a stage where we don't need to do much digging, the clubs actions will tell us everything we need to know.

Points deductions? For what? Happy to concede that I might be being naive here but the Morfuni shares thing is surely to goodness a financial penalty at most? Still, quite the 'one honest mistake' eh?

Youth players getting sold? Isn't that par for the course at this level (although this strategy makes me laugh when we're looking for the best players that New South Wales can deliver). Many of the U18s aren't local, they've come in from bigger sides so this strikes me more of a deliberate strategy than a sudden cashflow issue. The money wouldn't be that much in the short term anyway, they'd need to kick-on at their new club for the serious financial gains to emerge.

As for the Trust/accounts stuff. Do we really believe universal acceptance would be reached if the Trust was to come out and say 'we've just looked at the books and they are immaculate'? I'm not so sure.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 13, 2023, 16:58:24 by Costanza » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 618 619 620 [621] 622 623 624 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: