Pages: 1 ... 605 606 607 [608] 609 610 611 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1253915 times)
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #9105 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 10:19:39 »

Morning everyone.

Apologies about the rant yesterday.

The point I was trying to make was the clear difference between a professionally run organisation like Bath Rugby offers everything for me within walking distance from home with great food and drink options en route.

Swindon unfortunately offers (at present) the opposite.

There really is no incentive to invest.

Legal team say NO

Financial team say NO

Sorry.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #9106 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 10:32:58 »

Morning everyone.

The point I was trying to make was the clear difference between a professionally run organisation like Bath Rugby offers everything for me within walking distance from home with great food and drink options en route.

Legal team say NO

Financial team say NO

Sorry.

Sound reasoning to be fair, if I had the money then STFC is the last place I’d be putting it currently.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #9107 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 10:37:12 »

Morning everyone.

Legal team say NO

Financial team say NO

Sorry.

Don’t apologise, emotions running high yesterday and no signs of stopping now.
I’ve honestly had enough, considering lots of things at present.

If I was fortunate to have money to invest I wouldn’t go anywhere near this lot.
Would buy the club for sure but just couldn’t justify a penny to them. That is where my thoughts are right now.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #9108 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 10:47:26 »

Morning everyone.

Legal team say NO

Financial team say NO

Sorry.

No need to apologise. I personally don’t have the means to invest a substantial amount into the club let alone finance a takeover but I know someone that I do few little odd jobs for over the last few years who does have the means and has even spoken to me about it. Like you though his thoughts are the same, what he would like to do and what his advisers recommend are worlds apart. How can you even begin to deal with STFC when we can’t even be sure who owns the club? Is it Clem really or is he just a face? Standing? Power? Can’t see anyone wanting to takeover the club while so many shady figures in the background who no doubt will want their slice of a payout. Question, if Power really has no involvement at STFC anymore then why hasn’t he rocked up elsewhere as his history shows? The fact that he just seems to have vanished off the face of the earth doesn’t sit well with me.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #9109 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 10:57:19 »

The re-emergence of the Andrew Black thread the other day reminded me of the David Byrne LSPod episode where he said Jeremy Wray was desperate to buy the club again and had the backers to do so. Wonder if he's still interested these many years on or whether he's dedicating his time to racing again.

Not saying this is something I would want either given how it all panned out, but just remembered that nugget from that episode.

That would be dreamy. I suspect he would not, for the simple reason that you know you’re negotiating with aggressive, underhand, dishonest amateurs. But, if you are reading Jeremy, you’d be welcomed with open arms…
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9110 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 10:58:49 »

Investing- big fat no.

Having enough to take over and run the club properly - big fat yes.

Having some financial clout and on the inside could initiate fundamental change or, at least, mind set.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #9111 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 11:02:54 »

The success that many supporters crave isn't going to happen unless you have someone who can chuck loads of money in each season . No one who is able to do so wants to touch us with a barge pole .
I'd probably accept mediocrity with Swindon if we were actually sensibly ran.
Nothing that is happening at the club at the moment suggests they know what's happening this week, let alone planning for 3 years down the line.
The gaping disparity between the initial vision and the execution is jarring

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #9112 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 11:05:25 »

We are just in a very sad situation where we cannot continue as we are but there are no current options on the table, and if there were then would Clem and co accept any bid without asking for their cut plus a massive interest hoik up on top of that.

We are not an attractive prospect for anyone to come in and buy totally or invest in. Too many chiefs and not enough injuns as they say. Everybody that has put money in seems to want double or more the amount they have put in or an ongoing cut of profits going forwards, thats going by the rumours doing the rounds currently.

Too many lies already by the current incumbent previously to believe anything that comes from his mouth any more, sorry Clem but you have burnt your bridges with me and many other fans and the Hall interview just added to my misstrust and dislike of them as a group.

I cut Clem a lot of slack and backed him as much as I could when he took over, but in recent months thats been totally eroded away and now I just dont trust anything he or his team say, no better than Power or Diamandis IMO.

If Clem came out and said "I am sorry I cannot afford to fund the club solely but need new investors" then I would have been happy with that, running a club is an expensive investment, but to get in other shareholders without telling the fans or (allegedly) the EFL too then thats not on, open and honest? is it fuck.

Often I hear things from the staff at the club that we have no money for staffing and supplies and I have said well its probably just a cashflow thing, but these issues seem to be dragging on and on constantly and snowballing, you cannot run a business that way and Rob Angus leaving cemented those doubts in my mind.

Come on Clem, shit or get off the pot now.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #9113 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 11:06:02 »

Nothing that is happening at the club at the moment suggests they know what's happening this week, let alone planning for 3 years down the line.

100%

Nobody is demanding much.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #9114 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 11:32:08 »

That said...i do wonder if all clubs have this level of drama but we don't hear about it (mainly because we're focussing on our own)

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #9115 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 11:35:14 »

That said...i do wonder if all clubs have this level of drama but we don't hear about it (mainly because we're focussing on our own)

To be fair there are quite a vocal bunch that criticise the owners/management at Peterborough, who from an outside view have done a pretty decent job.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9116 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 11:38:05 »

Now, you say that and atm probably mean it. But a few seasons of mediocrity isn’t going to keep the juices flowing. Fans want some reward, some comeback on the pitch. If there is no individual considering buying the club and cleaning it out from top to bottom surely there could be some amalgamation of like minded people in cahoots with the Trust that could do a better job than these charlatans.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9117 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 11:52:16 »

Quote from: STFC_Manc
Personally i don't get the whole I won't be renewing ST next year, I still want to see my team play and support them.  While the 'free games' comments was wrong and stupid, some people do like to get carried away with it.

Can you understand why people feel a bit 'mugged off' agree being fed shit by the club while being squeezed.

You may not agree with their assessment, but if you felt this regime was Lee Power MKii would you invest?

personally, I'll probably renew assuming they don't totally stiff ticket prices to the point only 3-4 games are "free".

But I don't blame people for not. Reap what you sow
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 12:01:27 by Batch » Logged
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #9118 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 11:52:56 »

I used to go to Twickenham quite a bit until it became a totally soulless rinse/cathedral of drinking and so have been to Rosslyn Park Rugby Club instead and I think that it has a lot of things going for it that should be totally attainable.

Really well run
Family friendly atmosphere
Sensible ticket prices
Good, well priced food and drink
Competitive but zero chance of ever reaching the Premiership and realistic about that
Small club shop always well stocked
Answer the phones
You feel as if your support is valued

They only get crowds of a few hundred but it is just a fun day out with a decent rugby team to cheer on and no sense that your money is going to end up being washed through a luxury property development in Montenegro to the benefit of career criminals, or any other similar scheme!

Many many non league clubs are “happier” and better run than ours. That interview with the CEO should make clear the disdain with which the ownership view us.

« Last Edit: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 11:57:19 by Mooneyraker » Logged
mozalini

Ignore
« Reply #9119 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 12:17:34 »

I live on the other side of Bath in Midsomer Norton so it is also a lot easier and cheaper for me to travel to Bath rather than Swindon.  I keep doing it because I love the club and I've had a season ticket for just about every year since Macari.  However the constant misery and lies is beginning to take it's toll and if there is a big hike in season ticket prices then it might just tip the balance.

I take exception to Hall's comments about free games - travelling on the train to mid-week matches from the Bath area is just too much hassle when you have to connect to a bus to get home too.  Of the fabled 9 free matches I doubt if I actually see any of them because weekend matches are generally all that I can make.  But I still buy a season ticket and see it as a subscription rather than a ticket. 

I won't be joining Bathford at The Rec because I just can't stand egg chasing, but I am definitely considering a season ticket at Bath City FC instead if this bullshit keeps carrying on at STFC.  Decent pubs near Twerton Park, 2 hours less travelling on matchdays, no train fares or strikes, and a club that seems to care about it's supporters.

One last thing that really annoys me.  If I decide to not renew my season ticket I don't even expect the club to make contact via e-mail to ask me why that might be.  What has led a season ticket holder since 1986 to contemplate not going anymore and what can they do differently?  That's probably what will upset me most - that if I decide not to renew they won't respect me enough to try to win me back.  What type of successful business treats its customers in this way?
Pages: 1 ... 605 606 607 [608] 609 610 611 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: