Pages: 1 ... 595 596 597 [598] 599 600 601 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1248070 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #8955 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 10:31:57 »

I assumed he knew fuck all about football after that interview. You don’t need to be a genius to know that pissing off your core supporters isn’t going to end well.

I put it down to him not knowing the first thing about how football works. I’m certain you could choose anyone attending a game at the CG and they’d do a better job than that cretin.

Football Phil for CEO.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #8956 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 10:55:52 »

I’m certain you could choose anyone attending a game at the CG and they’d do a better job than that cretin.

Have you seen some of our fans? I wouldnt be so sure!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #8957 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 10:55:59 »

100% this - it's amazing how the absolute assumption is that every single one of those 300 people would pay the full adult price if it weren't for the nasty Nationwide deal allowing them to partially freeload. That just... doesn't seem very likely.

Its like the Clubcard price vs the non-Clubcard price of certain products in tesco isn't it? Who is going to pay £7 for a tub of Anchor when you can get it for £2.30.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8958 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 10:59:39 »

Tub of Anchor = Tubby Wanker
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8959 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 11:02:42 »

Its like the Clubcard price vs the non-Clubcard price of certain products in tesco isn't it? Who is going to pay £7 for a tub of Anchor when you can get it for £2.30.

For sure, there will be Nationwide employees who would have gone anyway occasionally who will buy tickets through the scheme. I don't think there are many who would have had STs (a ST is still cheaper per game if you do all of them I believe) but there will be people who would have done half or whatever.

But is it feasible that maybe a third wouldn't have gone otherwise? Seems like it to me, and that's the break even point for the scheme, even before you consider a) buying any sundries on match day e.g. drinks, good and b) any money NBS might give to fund the scheme.

It's just not reasonable to calculate the 'cost' of this scheme by just going "300 people would have bought £27 tickets but are instead buying £15 tickets every game" and no other factors.
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #8960 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 11:03:54 »

Not sure I agree that only 10% would, but the discount is £12 vs £27 full price, so they'd need at least 65% of the people to go anyway *to break even on removing the scheme*

(That's before considering any cash funding Nationwide provide to the scheme, which I suspect is non-zero)

Heads up, this season the Nationwide tickets have been £14 a pop. Last year was £12 a pop. Years before that, it was £10 a pop.

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #8961 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 11:06:27 »

Heads up, this season the Nationwide tickets have been £14 a pop. Last year was £12 a pop. Years before that, it was £10 a pop.

These bastards have clearly been freeloading for years. Sounds like we would be in the Prem if it wasn't for Nationwide and their long, loyal and generous sponsorship.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8962 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 11:06:51 »

Ah sorry, I was working off them being £15, so it's a £13 discount/£1 more per person than my maths. I don't think that's likely to change the equation significantly.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8963 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 11:10:59 »

While we’re at it, do those freeloading disabled fans pay full whack? Should be an additional fee for those wheelchairs, too.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #8964 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 11:21:47 »

Got a point!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #8965 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 11:23:05 »

While we’re at it, do those freeloading disabled fans pay full whack? Should be an additional fee for those wheelchairs, too.

And their carers should probably pay double.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8966 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 11:28:32 »

Got a point!

Don't think the club control iFollow prices directly, thankfully - they're the same for every club right?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8967 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 11:29:47 »

Got a point!

I assume the price is set by ifollow & not the club.
Also, ifollow is only *cough, cough* available aboard - therefore used by people who aren’t going to attend live games based on location.

Like, even these guys can’t think - hey that Swindon fan in bangkok only has to pay £10 a game and he watches it home…but…if that option was not there he’d definitely travel over and go to the game paying full price & would probably buy food & drink too £££
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #8968 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 11:33:20 »

Also, ifollow is only *cough, cough* available aboard - therefore used by people who aren’t going to attend live games based on location.

Like, even these guys can’t think - hey that Swindon fan in bangkok only has to pay £10 a game and he watches it home…but…if that option was not there he’d definitely travel over and go to the game paying full price & would probably buy food & drink too £££

Would you put it past them though at this stage

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8969 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 11:34:33 »

Are we pointing the finger at Flashheart here?
Pages: 1 ... 595 596 597 [598] 599 600 601 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: