Pages: 1 ... 594 595 596 [597] 598 599 600 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1254551 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #8940 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 08:40:39 »

Loathed strangers podcast is out now
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #8941 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 08:44:10 »

Could the explanation for Hall’s pathetic display on Monday be that he was peddling lines for prospective new owners. Imminent deal, and they’re to deliver the hard messages on Nationwide / season ticket prices etc. Maybe?

Pure speculation. I’m just looking at alternative explanations beyond complete incompetence.

I'm not sure I'd bother looking further than this.
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #8942 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 08:53:39 »

I wonder how happy Nationwide are and what discussions have happened internally and with the club.

From their perspective they've paid a chuck of money up front for sponsorship and included some perks as part of that.

but now, at any opportunity that deal is being criticised. I'm sure from a match day revenue perspective it looks bad - but similar to the free games for season ticket holders, money has come into the club up front and will be accounted for elsewhere..
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8943 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 08:54:01 »

Loathed strangers podcast is out now

With an enjoyable first minute or two, presumably from Bogus Dave.

It does feel like the "too many free games" is going to be a long term reference like Bob Holt buying a house or Sandy Gray forgetting about VAT. Or Gerald Ratner...
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #8944 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 09:14:04 »

I wonder how happy Nationwide are and what discussions have happened internally and with the club.

From their perspective they've paid a chuck of money up front for sponsorship and included some perks as part of that.

but now, at any opportunity that deal is being criticised. I'm sure from a match day revenue perspective it looks bad - but similar to the free games for season ticket holders, money has come into the club up front and will be accounted for elsewhere..

I'm sure he said it was about 300 tickets a game, which would be £3,900 a game or c£90k a season.  Which I'm not sure if the Nationwide deal covers? However, I doubt all those 300 people would still go and then you have food/drinks, merchandise sales on top.

If we were selling out every week then I could understand but as I said, would they all be happy to pay £27 a game?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8945 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 09:20:47 »

However, I doubt all those 300 people would still go and then you have food/drinks, merchandise sales on top.

If we were selling out every week then I could understand but as I said, would they all be happy to pay £27 a game?

100% this - it's amazing how the absolute assumption is that every single one of those 300 people would pay the full adult price if it weren't for the nasty Nationwide deal allowing them to partially freeload. That just... doesn't seem very likely.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #8946 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 09:22:58 »

100% this - it's amazing how the absolute assumption is that every single one of those 300 people would pay the full adult price if it weren't for the nasty Nationwide deal allowing them to partially freeload. That just... doesn't seem very likely.

Agreed and it shows a lack of commercial nous
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #8947 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 09:24:12 »

I agree fully, I would expect probably 90% of those wouldnt bother going at all without the deal in place, if not more.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #8948 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 09:26:01 »

It looks like Hall said the same stuff about free tickets at the advisory board meeting - didn't the trust challenge him? Isn't that what these meetings are for? Surely if they had he wouldn't have repeated the same lines to Vic
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #8949 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 09:34:08 »

It looks like Hall said the same stuff about free tickets at the advisory board meeting - didn't the trust challenge him? Isn't that what these meetings are for? Surely if they had he wouldn't have repeated the same lines to Vic

It's almost like the AB never actually happened and they retro-fitted the OSC chat answers into the AB format... uncanny really.
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #8950 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 09:43:22 »

Spencer was the Trust rep at the meeting, so probably not
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8951 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 09:46:37 »

I agree fully, I would expect probably 90% of those wouldnt bother going at all without the deal in place, if not more.

Not sure I agree that only 10% would, but the discount is £12 vs £27 full price, so they'd need at least 65% of the people to go anyway *to break even on removing the scheme*

(That's before considering any cash funding Nationwide provide to the scheme, which I suspect is non-zero)
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 10:19:04 by Nemo » Logged
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #8952 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 09:57:57 »

The fact that Hall is an Arsenal fan makes me wonder if he thinks there’s a waiting list for season tickets and so us freeloaders that give up our ST’s will just be replaced by someone else who is happy to pay full price.

I was questioning whether to renew this year if the price went up too much, so will definitely have a tough decision to make if it goes up significantly this year.

Remember that the OSC & Trust persuaded Clem & Co not to put the season ticket price up by as much last year, so wonder if this is them telling them “it’s their fault” and not to interfere next time?
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #8953 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 10:02:59 »

Spencer was the Trust rep at the meeting, so probably not

Surely as a critical friend he might have warned Hall those comments wouldn't go down well?  Hmmm
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8954 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 10:13:58 »

The fact that Hall is an Arsenal fan makes me wonder if he thinks there’s a waiting list for season tickets and so us freeloaders that give up our ST’s will just be replaced by someone else who is happy to pay full price.
I assumed he knew fuck all about football after that interview. You don’t need to be a genius to know that pissing off your core supporters isn’t going to end well.

I put it down to him not knowing the first thing about how football works. I’m certain you could choose anyone attending a game at the CG and they’d do a better job than that cretin.
Pages: 1 ... 594 595 596 [597] 598 599 600 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: