Pages: 1 ... 568 569 570 [571] 572 573 574 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1253709 times)
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #8550 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 16:23:41 »

Can’t even say I’m disappointed, it’s what I expected
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #8551 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 16:32:10 »

I know what you mean, but I can't imagine this particular update is going to make it *easier* for Axis man, is it?

That’s what I thought at first, but I guess it depends on what questions are put to him.
You’d like to think question 1 would be why is there still a delay?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #8552 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 16:34:35 »

Genuinely be surprised if the supporters club even ask.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8553 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 16:34:39 »

https://truststfc.com/2023/11/27/stfc-museum-and-county-ground-tours/?mc_cid=95c60234a1&mc_eid=e0574184a9

Now, don't get me wrong, I think the idea of stadium tours and bringing history into the ground is a great idea - in fact, I took my son to a stadium tour of Spurs' new ground (they took my jibes about the trophy display being a bit sparse quite well).  However, is this really something the Trust should be running?

It seems like a perfect idea for a business looking to add some extra Revenue to own and the perfect thing for a non political Supporters Club to help by adding content.  The Trust is not designed or meant for such things, is there a reason they seem to get involved in so much that really has little to do with their two primary objectives - working on a stadium redevelopment and building funds to eventually have shares in the club.

I expressed concerns a few years ago that they'd spread themselves too thin if they didn't just narrow their focus to the ground.  Look what happens when you eyes and efforts are all over the shop, the owners get a free ride.
« Last Edit: Monday, December 4, 2023, 17:49:52 by RobertT » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #8554 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 17:13:51 »

Consider me shocked that this has not happened.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #8555 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 17:26:17 »

https://truststfc.com/2023/11/27/stfc-museum-and-county-ground-tours/?mc_cid=95c60234a1&mc_eid=e0574184a9

Now, don't get me wrong, I think the idea of stadium tours and bringing history into the ground is a great idea - in fact, I took my son to a stadium tour of Spurs' new ground (they took my jibes about the trophy display being a bit sparse quite well).  However, is this really something the Trust should be running?

No. Its something that a fully functioning competently ran football club should be doing themselves with staff, not relying on volunteers.

I wonder what that's like.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #8556 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 17:44:13 »

Now, don't get me wrong, I think the idea of stadium tours and bringing history into the ground is a great idea - in fact, I took my son to a stadium tour of Spurs' new ground (they took my jibes about the trophy display being a bit sparse quite well).  However, is this really something the Trust should be running?

It seems like a perfect idea for a business looking to add some extra Revenue to own and the perfect thing for a non political Supporters Club to help by adding content.  The Trust is not designed or meant for such things, is there a reason they seem to get involved in so much that really has little to do with their two primary objectives - working on a stadium redevelopment and building funds to eventually have shares in the club.

I expressed concerns a few years ago that they'd spread themselves too think if they didn't just narrow their focus to the ground.  Look what happens when you eyes and efforts are all over the shop, the owners get a free ride.

They do have 10/11 board members, too many cooks can cause issues?  The museum is a charity with it's own trustees

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8557 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 18:03:56 »

And this whole looking at the accounts thing, it's pointless anyway.  The club will rely on commercial sensitivity to prevent any real details from being reviewed or published.  A look at some, likely well scrubbed, financial data won't give much insight anyway.

What the Trust should be pushing for, given the stated desire of the club to be open/honest/transparent, is for the club to produce the most detailed accounts possible in the public domain and use other clubs to give examples of what that means.  If the club wants to hide behind secrecy instead, let that be on public record.  Get them to show their hypocrisy in public statements vs actual documents.

I still think they (Trust STFC) should only be doing two things right now - working on a Ground Development plan and working on an investment strategy to get control or some degree of equity of the club itself.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8558 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 18:06:02 »

oh, and I am a member, and I did e-mail such thoughts (on the accounts side).  Never received a response though.  Live too far away to be on the Board, before someone suggests I get more involved.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #8559 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 18:10:30 »

And this whole looking at the accounts thing, it's pointless anyway.  The club will rely on commercial sensitivity to prevent any real details from being reviewed or published.  A look at some, likely well scrubbed, financial data won't give much insight anyway.

What the Trust should be pushing for, given the stated desire of the club to be open/honest/transparent, is for the club to produce the most detailed accounts possible in the public domain and use other clubs to give examples of what that means.  If the club wants to hide behind secrecy instead, let that be on public record.  Get them to show their hypocrisy in public statements vs actual documents.

I still think they (Trust STFC) should only be doing two things right now - working on a Ground Development plan and working on an investment strategy to get control or some degree of equity of the club itself.

I'm not sure I've ever seen anything on your last point on investing into the club? Trusts should be doing more than just ground development, as that is being lead by the club?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #8560 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 18:58:35 »

Has anyone considered the possibility that the reason the Trust don’t have access to the accounts is that a buyer may have a period of exclusivity that prevents disclosure to a third party, such as the Trust?

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #8561 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 19:01:46 »

Haha this CEO on the OSC.

Straight out there denying the trust statement

Saying he is angry about what is being inferred
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #8562 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 19:03:07 »

Haha this CEO on the OSC.

Straight out there denying the trust statement

He’s not happy at all.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #8563 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 19:06:03 »

If this guy is really involved in running the club then we are fucked!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #8564 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 19:09:21 »

STFC board official in “being an aggressive nob” shocker. Comes across as similarly arrogant and dopey as Z Austin.
Pages: 1 ... 568 569 570 [571] 572 573 574 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: