Pages: 1 ... 524 525 526 [527] 528 529 530 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1254511 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #7890 on: Thursday, November 9, 2023, 19:15:34 »

Harrogate and Sutton with a higher wage budget than STFC.

Fantastic to see.

Easy, Sutton have to pay London Weighted wages.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #7891 on: Thursday, November 9, 2023, 19:16:40 »

Didnt think of that to be honest, good point.

Harrogate i am miffed by.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7892 on: Thursday, November 9, 2023, 19:19:51 »

I wouldn’t take all those budgets at face value, though. It’s really just a collection of wage data from this site. Can’t believe even Clem is only paying the scholars £50pw!

https://salarysport.com/football/#sky-bet-league-two
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #7893 on: Thursday, November 9, 2023, 19:21:19 »

Just saw a comment that swindon fans are expecting too much with instant success, need to steady the ship and slowly rebuild. Made me think that there may be a point to it, I wonder how it would have gone down though if Clem had said that’s the aim over the next few years. Would it have reduced season ticket sales? Probably. But in 3/4 years time we may have found ourselves to be in a better position than we are now…
I know I for one would be absolutely fine with it, as long as the long term vision and how they get there is clearly explained and it's actions as well as words. Think the problem we've faced is that we've never had anyone like that. Clem briefly mentions things like Championship, but with no clear view on how to get there. They had some brief strategy of sort last season to try and replicate Brentford etc under Sandro and they chucked that project under the bus after barely 9 months due to the poor execution of that project.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7894 on: Thursday, November 9, 2023, 19:23:31 »

There are some things an owner can promise and deliver on, but success on the pitch - no matter the size of budget - can be guaranteed.

Should stick to those things he can control, everything else is in the lap of the gods.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #7895 on: Thursday, November 9, 2023, 19:49:23 »

If you look at our boardroom (such as it is...), club hierarchy and backroom staff I see zero evidence other than Jamie Russell that Clem is putting anything like the right foundations in place to run a successful football club. The CEO, aside from never having been a CEO before, has never worked at a football club before! We are not owned by serious people. We don't need to give Clem time, as on the current trajectory, all that time is likely to bring is an annual local derby against Cirencester Town.

The "give him time" brigade are the less zealous, non-evangelical wing of the Cult.

He's been at the club since 2018...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7896 on: Thursday, November 9, 2023, 19:54:09 »

Quote from: JoeMezz
Just saw a comment that swindon fans are expecting too much with instant success, need to steady the ship and slowly rebuild. Made me think that there may be a point to it, I wonder how it would have gone down though if Clem had said that’s the aim over the next few years. Would it have reduced season ticket sales? Probably. But in 3/4 years time we may have found ourselves to be in a better position than we are now…

if you trust Clem and trust everything is above board and every penny is going to the benefit of the club - absolutely.

I no longer believe this. I don't have any evidence. I'm not itk.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #7897 on: Thursday, November 9, 2023, 20:02:54 »

if you trust Clem and trust everything is above board and every penny is going to the benefit of the club - absolutely.

I no longer believe this. I don't have any evidence. I'm not itk.

Exactly - I don’t agree with Clem at all, my point was IF the board knew what they were doing but it felt like slow but steady progress I think majority of fans would be fine. The issue is over promising on things short-term which we all can sniff out as BS.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #7898 on: Thursday, November 9, 2023, 20:04:34 »

Exactly - I don’t agree with Clem at all, my point was IF the board knew what they were doing but it felt like slow but steady progress I think majority of fans would be fine. The issue is over promising on things short-term which we all can sniff out as BS.

Just a reminder that 'the board' is Clem Morfuni.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7899 on: Thursday, November 9, 2023, 20:12:15 »

It’s going to be a ‘Sack the Board’ Saturday isn’t it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7900 on: Thursday, November 9, 2023, 20:20:04 »

Don't think the fan base get riled up any more
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #7901 on: Thursday, November 9, 2023, 20:56:32 »

A most pointless chant at the best of times, let alone when aimed at an owner thousands of miles away.

Not that I'd advocate it, but it would be better to stage a mass walkout to at least demonstrate a number of fans realize what is actually occurring behind the scenes. About time some of the fanbase flexed their limited muscles to make a stand and possibly try to force a change.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #7902 on: Thursday, November 9, 2023, 20:59:56 »

It has to be the banner flying over the county ground during the game Cheesy

So, give no fucks
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #7903 on: Thursday, November 9, 2023, 21:57:47 »

https://twitter.com/bobbyang73/likes

Rob Angus liking the Price of Football Podcast featuring Clem...

I wonder at what point in the story arc realisation set in? It's a bit galling to see him cocking an eyebrow at the shitshow like this when he was sat at the top table a couple of months ago, and was a prime mover in the takeover and everything that has happened since.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #7904 on: Thursday, November 9, 2023, 22:37:16 »

It has to be the banner flying over the county ground during the game Cheesy

Drones are the way forward…
Pages: 1 ... 524 525 526 [527] 528 529 530 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: