Pages: 1 ... 459 460 461 [462] 463 464 465 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1254563 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6915 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 18:53:56 »

you're missing the very important point that skunk costs are generally not recoverable.

Clems 5M and "keilys" 2 are recoverable. nothing wrong with that

Skunk costs are smelly as well
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #6916 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 19:11:53 »

Skunk costs are smelly as well

There's certainly a stench around the place. Perhaps that's it!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6917 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 19:58:57 »

Is the point of a forum not to foster debate?  Don't read it if it annoys you, just like other likely ignore your ramblings about DNA and travels.

You are so right.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #6918 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 20:26:13 »

STFC_Manc is 100% on a retainer from Clem.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6919 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 20:30:08 »

Honestly like debate and envy people who look on life positively.

Just need to see the logic on the point they are making, but not necessarily agree with it.

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #6920 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 20:31:36 »

Probably part of the Trust then.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6921 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 21:10:42 »

There was a time when I was part of a clique called the Happy Clappers, as labelled by Reg.

You either die a happy clapper or live long enough to become a moaner.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6922 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 21:16:12 »

Honestly like debate and envy people who look on life positively.

Just need to see the logic on the point they are making, but not necessarily agree with it.

I don't think a lot of 'happy clappers' care if there is that much logic in their thinking, they're just happy to overlook the negativity and be blissfully ignorant of it even if it is valid. Many even going as far as trying to shut it down as we've seen.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #6923 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 21:54:35 »

Why do you say that? It seems like you can express a positive view point on this forum, do I think everything Clem has done is right? no I don't.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #6924 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 21:55:31 »

Probably part of the Trust then.

By 'part of the trust' you mean being a member, then yes I have been a member for a long time.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #6925 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 21:59:23 »

My point is we have seen cutbacks in squad budget and the losses aren't coming down.

If Clem can cover them, there is no problem.

My opinion is he's not going to be able to do that.

The stated aim is to be day to day breakeven at the end of this season isn't it (ab minutes earlier in the year).

I'd be more accepting of the on pitch squad decline of we had seen progress in ongoing losses

So what do you think is going to happen if Clem can't cover the losses or bring cost down or make more money? I get that it is a risk but you continue to bring it up like its new news or you are some how going to get an answer.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #6926 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 22:08:23 »

you're missing the very important point that skunk costs are generally not recoverable.

Clems 5M and "keilys" 2 are recoverable. nothing wrong with that

I think you are missing the point here - a sunk cost has been spent and can't be recovered.  It doesn't mean people can't utilise the asset to make the money back as in what you are saying.

Unless you think Clem can get his money back from the people he has paid? i 100% agree that he might be able to get his money back by selling the asset in this case STFC.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6927 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 22:30:26 »

So what do you think is going to happen if Clem can't cover the losses or bring cost down or make more money? I get that it is a risk but you continue to bring it up like its new news or you are some how going to get an answer.

I can't see where costs can be trimmed.

what do I think will happen if the situation isn't addressed? ultimately we'll go tits up under debt, or disappear into non league oblivion. But ultimately he'll sell up because otherwise all his money goes down the toilet.

I keep mentioning it because it's a problem that will dictate almost everything the FC does. Especially the playing budget.[/quote]
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #6928 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 22:33:52 »

Quote from: STFC_Manc

I can't see where costs can be trimmed.

what do I think will happen if the situation isn't addressed? ultimately we'll go tits up under debt, or disappear into non league oblivion. But ultimately he'll sell up because otherwise all his money goes down the toilet.

I keep mentioning it because it's a problem that will dictate almost everything the FC does. Especially the playing budget.

Yes but you are not going to get an answer are you? Lets see what the accounts say in a few months?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6929 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 22:34:01 »

Quote from: STFC_Manc
I think you are missing the point here - a sunk cost has been spent and can't be recovered.  It doesn't mean people can't utilise the asset to make the money back as in what you are saying.

yeah, ok , fair enough.

the liability is still there though on the FC. Ok it's 'paper' debt and not callable (at least as far as we know). it's not unreasonable  for it to be stepped settled on sale of the club (though I doubt the club is worth the liability)
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 461 [462] 463 464 465 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: