Pages: 1 ... 450 451 452 [453] 454 455 456 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1253555 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6780 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2023, 15:35:19 »

New stadium idea for all year round revenue?

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1274794080587030?s=chYV2B&fs=e
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6781 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2023, 18:27:18 »

Clem needs to invest properly in the team in January- wafer thin squad is there for all to see.

Either that or look to sell up/bring in fresh investment

Where do you propose Clem finds the money to invest and / or someone else willing to invest the desired amount into the football club?

It’s not like Clem’s a multibillionaire sat on his money and / or a pauper beating away potential investors with a stick.

We all know, it’s what we need in a super duper ideal world but shouting for it on an internet forum doesn’t make the likely hood of it happening anymore likely.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #6782 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2023, 18:31:51 »

Where do you propose Clem finds the money to invest and / or someone else willing to invest the desired amount into the football club?

It’s not like Clem’s a multibillionaire sat on his money and / or a pauper beating away potential investors with a stick.

We all know, it’s what we need in a super duper ideal world but shouting for it on an internet forum doesn’t make the likely hood of it happening anymore likely.

Well actually, yes it might.

The more people who speak up about this unacceptable situation, the more likely it is to gather momentum. Clem was everywhere in the honeymoon period but barely anywhere to be seen these days. Keep calling out the bullshit, keep striving for better and eventually he'll get bored of his toy and sell us for a profit. Which I assume was his end goal all along but the earlier the better.

Also, nobody is asking for a multi billionaire. Just somebody who can scrape together a top 7 budget would be a wonderful start. So we can be taken somewhat seriously.

P.S can you imagine how in the shit we'd be if we were budgeted for 6k gates like under Lee Power. We don't have a pot to piss in even with our best support in decades. It's laughable really. It's taken for granted sadly.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #6783 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2023, 19:35:26 »

The more people who speak up about this unacceptable situation, the more likely it is to gather momentum. Clem was everywhere in the honeymoon period but barely anywhere to be seen these days. Keep calling out the bullshit, keep striving for better and eventually he'll get bored of his toy and sell us for a profit. Which I assume was his end goal all along but the earlier the better.

Also, nobody is asking for a multi billionaire. Just somebody who can scrape together a top 7 budget would be a wonderful start. So we can be taken somewhat seriously.

P.S can you imagine how in the shit we'd be if we were budgeted for 6k gates like under Lee Power. We don't have a pot to piss in even with our best support in decades. It's laughable really. It's taken for granted sadly.

To me, it seems the paying back of the Black/Arbib/Power £1-3m debenture has been the spanner in the works. Doesn’t matter where he got the money from to settle this debt for shares it’s got to be paid back. It is abundantly clear he’s not as flush as we or he would like to be. So to claw back the shares to ensure he’s the No1 top dog sole owner he’s got to find the cash from somewhere. Any ideas where that might be? Wherever it comes from is going to impact on the money towards the playing budget, compounded by the £500k budget cuts they’re looking for.

Sadly, again, unless they’ve stuffed wads down the back of the STFC sofa for a push in January we’re going to be reliant on a fucking lucrative FA Cup run 🙏🤞🙏🤞🙏🤞
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6784 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2023, 19:37:28 »

Meanwhile when is the Stratton Bank redevelopment going to start Cheesy

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6785 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2023, 20:00:24 »

the shares technically don't have to be paid back (unless there's a legal agreement in place ).

either way it's 4-6m loans from Clem to pay off external debt. That's a butt load of money, and yet in Football club terms... it isn't.

it's the ongoing losses that's the worry. Where is that coming from. or are they one off costs rather than day to day that's doing it.

too many unknowns
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6786 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2023, 20:21:32 »

Shout as loud as you want but it won’t make someone with more money magically appear.

I get your point about calling things out and I’m not for one second suggesting we should just accept everything & question nothing. Far from it.

We can ask questions we can get massively unsatisfactory answers but that will not help get more money into the club either from Clem or a new investor.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #6787 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2023, 20:36:33 »

6 weeks since Clem agreed "to allow a representative from the Trust Board to review the financial records and accounts of the Club, something which goes above that previously agreed and probably unheard of at other Clubs."

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6788 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2023, 20:37:20 »

Unless they have seen them and are waiting for Halloween!
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #6789 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2023, 20:39:59 »

Unless they have seen them and are waiting for Halloween!

They'll sneak them out the day WW3 starts.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6790 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2023, 20:41:22 »

Not long, then!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6791 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2023, 21:56:35 »

6 weeks since Clem agreed "to allow a representative from the Trust Board to review the financial records and accounts of the Club, something which goes above that previously agreed and probably unheard of at other Clubs."

I read it as they had already looked at them as part of the sharegate fallout.

Did I misread it/Did the trust say they would report on it?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #6792 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2023, 23:03:12 »

I get the impression that the 'who would be willing?' rhetoric is a little dated now (although completely accurate historically).

People who know a lot more about the business than I do tell me that this is a very good time for consortiums to invest in/purchase EFL football clubs for various financial reasons and that prospective buyers are always around reviewing the books for multiple clubs to see which one works for them, if any. It's just done away from the public eye, and rightly so.
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #6793 on: Thursday, October 26, 2023, 04:12:30 »

I get the impression that the 'who would be willing?' rhetoric is a little dated now (although completely accurate historically).

People who know a lot more about the business than I do tell me that this is a very good time for consortiums to invest in/purchase EFL football clubs for various financial reasons and that prospective buyers are always around reviewing the books for multiple clubs to see which one works for them, if any. It's just done away from the public eye, and rightly so.

I’m pretty sure the club will be a much better investment prospect when Clem leaves to when Clem took over. But there are 72 clubs in the EFL …. how many good investors are there knocking around?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6794 on: Thursday, October 26, 2023, 05:49:52 »

I'd imagine that the (almost seemingly never ending) upcoming court cases are likely to put off almost every investor looking to get involved in football. To be fair to him Clem did get on board, even with knowing how much of a mess the club was in behind the scenes.

As Batch said, even with 5k season tickets and gates regularly between 8.5-10k we're losing money each year. The state of the ground can't be helping, I'd imagine a fair chuck of money has to go into it just to make it 'healthy and safe'.

Personally I can't see a lot changing until the court cases are done, and a lot of and low hanging fruit debt has gone.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 452 [453] 454 455 456 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: