Pages: 1 ... 445 446 447 [448] 449 450 451 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1253544 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #6705 on: Thursday, October 12, 2023, 11:15:15 »

This one past me by. I know they said they'd been given access to the books but don't recall any further actions .

probably me

You would hope once gone through they would add a commentary to what has been found and how the club is doing financially etc - although it may depend to what level of information they have been given access to.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6706 on: Thursday, October 12, 2023, 11:56:26 »

or if it was confidential maybe the trust would only report back major concerns
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #6707 on: Thursday, October 12, 2023, 12:05:22 »

The last trust statement was on the 19th September, I know they're volunteers but a holding statement would be handy....unless something is planned to come out with the AB

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6708 on: Thursday, October 12, 2023, 12:48:33 »

or if it was confidential maybe the trust would only report back major concerns

This is the thing, one would assume the providing of any access would be NDA'ed up to its armpits as a lot there could be commercially sensitive. Much as with the sodding 3,5,7,25,50 year plans (much loved by communist Russia and Swindon fans alike), not really sure what people are expecting and with the distrust many seem to hold to the Trust will it actually achieve anything the Trust saying things have a clean bill of health.

The last trust statement was on the 19th September, I know they're volunteers but a holding statement would be handy

I suspect the first question would have been who within the Trust was best qualified to go and look with the ability to interpret what the accounts/financials say, that would take a skill that I suspect few would have (not aimed at the Trust more life in general).
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 12, 2023, 12:51:33 by horlock07 » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6709 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 12:23:01 »

‘ Australian-owned League Two side @Official_STFC have signed a partnership with the Nepean Football Association! 🤝

The NFA is the grassroots & community level of football that stretches from Penrith (NSW) to the Blue Mountains, a huge catchment area for football interest and football talent in Sydney.

Clem Morfuni - the Aussie owner - has repeatedly said he wants to establish a relationship between young talent in Australia and having experience in a professional environment in England.’
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6710 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 12:39:50 »

cashback
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #6711 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 13:08:18 »

‘ Australian-owned League Two side @Official_STFC have signed a partnership with the Nepean Football Association! 🤝

The NFA is the grassroots & community level of football that stretches from Penrith (NSW) to the Blue Mountains, a huge catchment area for football interest and football talent in Sydney.

Clem Morfuni - the Aussie owner - has repeatedly said he wants to establish a relationship between young talent in Australia and having experience in a professional environment in England.’

At least they seem to exist, so it is an improvement on Karachi already!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #6712 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 13:57:34 »

At least they seem to exist, so it is an improvement on Karachi already!

It also seems a sensible & logical thing to do, very un Swindon like Smiley
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6713 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 14:05:10 »

All seems a bit of a waste of time to me to be honest.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6714 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 14:11:39 »

It also seems a sensible & logical thing to do, very un Swindon like Smiley
Well, I can see why Clem might fancy it, but would many Young Aussies want to move half way round the world to take a chance on STFC. A Prem club, sure, but us?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #6715 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 14:42:40 »

Well, I can see why Clem might fancy it, but would many Young Aussies want to move half way round the world to take a chance on STFC. A Prem club, sure, but us?

A chance to get into English football and more chances of getting scouted, probably.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #6716 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 14:49:48 »

Remeber Craig Jonhston? Came from nowhere, ended up at Liverpool and is credited with being the inventor of the predator football boot. So why not?

Yes, it is a long way from home but you’d be surprised at the numbers of young Sheila’s & Bruce’s that come to this country in search of a better life career wise. All you hear about is the ‘brain drain’ of the medical profession going the other way. A more cerebral version of the £10 POMS, like my cousins and my ex wife’s uncles back in the 60’s, 70’s. It is not all it is cracked up to be over there and the attrition rate of people going and coming back is quite high.  

We only need a few a season to make a name for themselves to make it work. I’m sure they’ve done their homework. 🤞
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6717 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 15:00:16 »

Harry Kewell

So, give no fucks
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #6718 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 15:38:03 »

Remeber Craig Jonhston? Came from nowhere, ended up at Liverpool and is credited with being the inventor of the predator football boot. So why not?

Craig Johnston joined Liverpool from Middlesbrough so hardly from 'nowhere' (petty dig at Middlesbrough the place notwithstanding).

I think this is very much more of a long-term Clem Morfuni business venture than to a long-term Swindon Town one. Could they go hand-in-hand? Maybe but I doubt we'll ever be inundated with Australian talent (happy to be wrong).

The fact that they're not using our current club badge as the international academy logo says that this is more of a Morfuni thing (I am cynical).  Maybe that's why that haven't really promoted it, so far, on official STFC comms? Meh.

To me it looks like Morfuni is linking up with an established football organisation where he will charge participants a decent fee to be part of a soccer school with trusted local ties and also definitive links (and set-up by people) within the English football pyramid.

This could therefore generate a fair whack of money for Morfuni (with the Nepean FA getting a %) regardless of the ability of the participant and if there's a genuine prospect then maybe Swindon Town get first dibs but even then you have to think that there are much better options for talented footballers within a country with a good structure and reputation in youth sport?

In conclusion: A businessman is trying to make money closer to home and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #6719 on: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 15:44:25 »

Yes, it is a long way from home but you’d be surprised at the numbers of young Sheila’s & Bruce’s that come to this country in search of a better life career wise. All you hear about is the ‘brain drain’ of the medical profession going the other way. A more cerebral version of the £10 POMS, like my cousins and my ex wife’s uncles back in the 60’s, 70’s. It is not all it is cracked up to be over there and the attrition rate of people going and coming back is quite high.  

We only need a few a season to make a name for themselves to make it work. I’m sure they’ve done their homework. 🤞

I'm sure they haven't! This is STFC.
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 447 [448] 449 450 451 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: