Pages: 1 ... 436 437 438 [439] 440 441 442 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1252366 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6570 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 12:52:01 »

I can't read the article, but presume this is us not informing the EFL?  If so, didn't a few posters call this out when the original documents were identified, and got a bit of pushback from other posters to not be so silly?

There are recent examples of clubs receiving punishment for this, which tends to include a suspended points deduction.  That may not be a problem for now - BUT, this does not help when you have a much bigger case sat waiting for resolution and your defence is that we are not like those bad old owners......

edit: having checked, the recent examples I remembered were Birmingham and Peterborough, we should likely expect a fine or payment of costs for the case reaching around 50k and a 2/3 point deduction suspended for a year.
« Last Edit: Friday, September 22, 2023, 12:56:01 by RobertT » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6571 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 12:55:59 »

I can't read the article, but presume this is us not informing the EFL?  If so, didn't a few posters call this out when the original documents were identified, and got a bit of pushback from other posters to not be so silly?

There are recent examples of clubs receiving punishment for this, which tends to include a suspended points deduction.  That may not be a problem for now - BUT, this does not help when you have a much bigger case sat waiting for resolution and your defence is that we are not like those bad old owners......

Do you mean 'the usual suspects' as people tend to throw about on here these days.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6572 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 12:56:39 »

Fucking Keyser Söze
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6573 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 13:00:16 »

I really do hope that when the fine comes from the FL & anything from companies house that this is paid out of Clem's pocket not the FC,

Aren't they pretty much one and the same, albeit I suppose it would avoid Kiely and the lawyer guy being partially liable I suppose.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #6574 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 13:30:40 »

The club is still rotten to the core!

Clem Morfuni is just another Lee Power!

Same dodgy dealings, same secretive lies....

Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #6575 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 13:40:43 »

Karachi Update!

https://www.chevening.org/news/ready-set-goal-how-a-chevening-scholarship-could-accelerate-your-sporting-career/

"We’re also delighted to announce that Chevening has scored an exciting new football partnership with Swindon Town Football Club (STFC).

STFC are generously offering one award for applicants from Pakistan wishing to study a master’s degree in Football Coaching or Football Science at either the Solent University or the University Campus of Football Business, Wembley Stadium."

Who is 'generously' paying for that...?

(Chevening is the UK government’s international scholarships and fellowships programme.)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6576 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 13:43:55 »

I don’t know but shouldn’t we be applauding things like this. A small gesture but a big opportunity for someone to take advantage of.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #6577 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 13:45:38 »

I don’t know but shouldn’t we be applauding things like this. A small gesture but a big opportunity for someone to take advantage of.

Weren't we just told that this was nothing to do with the club...? I can't keep up TBH.

And if we are losing X amount per year on a skeleton staff, doesn't charity begin at home?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6578 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 13:49:36 »

Well, Rob Angus’ replacement is doing OK

Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #6579 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 13:50:40 »

Well, Rob Angus’ replacement is doing OK

Very good!

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6580 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 13:59:55 »

So assume Zav will take fees on the Pakistan side, and the club will pay the costs of paying for the university place?

Things get better but they never get good
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6581 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 14:16:14 »

I'm not sure either, but surely if it's a positive thing - and on the face of it, it very well might be - then Clem/the club should be announcing it (he may have said on his interview but I don't think he did?) rather than people finding out in this way?

Clem has already had his wings clipped about doing things secretly, he probably wants to be careful to make sure stuff like this is announced first, with proper explanations, otherwise he's never going to be able to ride along Trust avenue again with fans.

Personally I think it could have been very positive PR for the club, had it been handled properly.
« Last Edit: Friday, September 22, 2023, 14:19:37 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6582 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 14:20:54 »

He does seem unique in finding ways to contradict himself. I’m hoping he’s just inept . . .
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6583 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 14:22:07 »

Zavs passion project isn’t it? Nothing to do with the club

Things get better but they never get good
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6584 on: Friday, September 22, 2023, 14:23:10 »

So genuinely I'm losing track rather than just being a sarky prick (I am that, but not only that), is the Pakistan academy thing officially part of the club or not at the moment? I'm aware it's been both ours and nothing to do with us, but where are we currently?
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 438 [439] 440 441 442 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: