Pages: 1 ... 431 432 433 [434] 435 436 437 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1252454 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6495 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 09:48:23 »

Under Fitton our fanbase seemed really united and I don't remember any fan pressure on them. Post-Black has been a continual cycle of issues and a completely clean slate and start with a Fitton-esque owner would unite the fan base I'd feel. Clem hasn't helped himself recently with the constant story changes and who he associates himself with.

I think the unity under Fitton actually went back to before then to the unity to get shot of Diamond Mike, Fitton and co just went on to get an easier ride off the back of that, can you imagine the chaos that would ensue here now if one of Clem's associates were to be discovered benefiting personally from the sale of a player they recommended.

I honestly don't know how a large part of our fan base survived the seasons under Wills and Diamond Mike, the days refreshing the internet every 10 minor so to see if we had gone into admin or been taken over, when you compare to the uproar and pumping blood pressure on here nowadays about things its poles apart.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #6496 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 09:49:26 »

a lot of it seems very 'suck it and see'.

I really can’t get the Arctic Monkeys out of my head now, thanks.
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #6497 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 09:59:10 »

I think the unity under Fitton actually went back to before then to the unity to get shot of Diamond Mike, Fitton and co just went on to get an easier ride off the back of that, can you imagine the chaos that would ensue here now if one of Clem's associates were to be discovered benefiting personally from the sale of a player they recommended.

I honestly don't know how a large part of our fan base survived the seasons under Wills and Diamond Mike, the days refreshing the internet every 10 minor so to see if we had gone into admin or been taken over, when you compare to the uproar and pumping blood pressure on here nowadays about things its poles apart.

The Fitton era may have had more money to throw at things - but they left us with that debenture - not good. At least Clem wants to put the club on a sustainable footing which can only be good - the Fitton era resulted in Power. Hopefully when Clem goes , if and when we are sustainable the club will be far more attractive a proposition for future owners. That's got to be the hope.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #6498 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 10:01:59 »

I really can’t get the Arctic Monkeys out of my head now, thanks.
See thats where we differ, I have Linda Lovelace in my mind now!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6499 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 10:07:13 »

The Fitton era may have had more money to throw at things - but they left us with that debenture - not good. At least Clem wants to put the club on a sustainable footing which can only be good - the Fitton era resulted in Power. Hopefully when Clem goes , if and when we are sustainable the club will be far more attractive a proposition for future owners. That's got to be the hope.

From memory, Black left us with the debenture but no other debt - that may be wrong mind. If it weren't for the emergency fire sale element of that process, it really should have been the perfect time to take over the club.

As it was, we got Jed and co.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6500 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 10:10:40 »

If Power had paid Black his due after the sale of Matt Ritchie . . .

I’m sure in my own mind there’s no nefarious goings on backstage so it’s time to concentrate on supporting Flynn and the players on the pitch. We seem to have a chance of achieving something good this season.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #6501 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 10:11:36 »

This photo amused me. We've got bigger balls!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6502 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 10:20:22 »

I think there are actually two distinctive era's in Blacks ownership, the Fitton era where we seemed to be looking at the club as a whole going forward, but then the Wray era which bought some good football times (at great cost) but literally sweet fanny adams in terms of wider club infrastructure and forward planning, the costs of which seem to have finally spooked Black and Arbib and led us ultimately to where we are now.

Looking at this, in 12 years, nothing has really changed. https://web.archive.org/web/20110430053216/http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/8802780.AGM_reveals__profitable__Swindon_Town/
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6503 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 10:27:33 »

This photo amused me. We've got bigger balls!

They've changed the lotto rules so if you match 2 balls you get some money, (£50 this time) which I think is a good touch.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #6504 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 10:28:50 »

They've changed the lotto rules so if you match 2 balls you get some money, (£50 this time) which I think is a good touch.
Ha TBF I looked quick and thought you only posted that because there was a (Bobs) Chocolate Orange on the table Smiley

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6505 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 10:30:04 »

Down to 900-1, 300 people doing it ? Seems a much better idea tbf.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6506 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 10:30:22 »

Ha TBF I looked quick and thought you only posted that because there was a (Bobs) Chocolate Orange on the table Smiley

I used to get bought a Terry's Chocolate Orange every year by the same distant family member. I hate Chocolate Orange so my stepdad was always grateful!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6507 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 10:33:53 »

I’ve had the opportunity to talk to Clem many times, he comes across as a genuine guy.

I'm sure he realises the damage Power left behind. That's why 'open and transparent' was born after all.

If you break that "contract" and also associate with people of previously dubious character what do you think will happen?

I'm not calling it one way or another. I genuinely hope he's exactly what he seems.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6508 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 10:38:51 »

I used to get bought a Terry's Chocolate Orange every year by the same distant family member. I hate Chocolate Orange so my stepdad was always grateful!

It's not Christmas without a chocolate orange!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #6509 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 11:03:37 »

It's not Christmas without a chocolate orange!
You know its Boxing Day when you have it for breakfast!

Pages: 1 ... 431 432 433 [434] 435 436 437 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: