Pages: 1 ... 430 431 432 [433] 434 435 436 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1253692 times)
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #6480 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 09:19:07 »

I’m sure that, he wonders what the hell he’s done. I’ve had the opportunity to talk to Clem many times, he comes across as a genuine guy.

What I believe has shocked him, is the constant questioning by ill informed, individuals. This has to having an effect on his health and personal life. At the end of the day, he has achieved success in his homeland. He doesn’t need constant shit from 10k miles away.

Perhaps, there is no story. Have you thought of that.

Last season, I was asked by someone why I didn’t invest in the club, all of the necessary funds to buy and run a club are readily available at short notice. A budget for MF was available without question.

The reason I haven’t done this is simple.  I was and I am still not prepared to accept the constant pressure, questioning and character assassination from supporters.

It’s not fair on the family and friends.

So whilst this is a good

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6481 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 09:21:35 »

What the actual fuck?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #6482 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 09:25:20 »

I’m sure that, he wonders what the hell he’s done. I’ve had the opportunity to talk to Clem many times, he comes across as a genuine guy.

What I believe has shocked him, is the constant questioning by ill informed, individuals. This has to having an effect on his health and personal life. At the end of the day, he has achieved success in his homeland. He doesn’t need constant shit from 10k miles away.

Last season, I was asked by someone why I didn’t invest in the club, all of the necessary funds to buy and run a club are readily available at short notice. A budget for MF was available without question.

The reason I haven’t done this is simple.  I was and I am still not prepared to accept the constant pressure, questioning and character assassination from supporters.

So whilst this is a good
TBC....

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #6483 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 09:25:40 »

Bathford is going to be our new owner
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #6484 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 09:26:04 »

All hail glorious leader Bathford
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #6485 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 09:28:11 »

What I believe has shocked him, is the constant questioning by ill informed, individuals. This has to be having an effect on his health and personal life. At the end of the day, he has achieved success in his homeland. He doesn’t need constant shit from 10k miles away.

I have staff available to take on all senior roles within a football club.

The reason I haven’t done this is simple.  I was and I am still not prepared to accept the constant pressure, questioning and character assassination from supporters.

So whilst this constant struggle with supporters who think they have the right to question every decision continues across all levels of football, I salute those prepared to accept the challenge, but I will continue for now to support the club from the stands and give Clem my support.

I look forward to meeting him again on his return.

« Last Edit: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 09:31:48 by bathford » Logged
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #6486 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 09:29:13 »

So whilst this is a good

Its football - some people will always make stuff up and others pick up on snippets of info and expand to what they think, then there are the genuine people that do know things and at times those things may not sound right so it conveniently gets leaked.

To run a football club you need to be able to take the sh1t when it's flying and then take the plaudits when they come your way.

Clem isn't media savy and it seems he has surrounded the club with people he knows who have been involved in his businesses previously, whether that is the right thing, only time will tell.

As he said there are accounts due in next few days, I'm sure people will scrutinise them.

I liked the bit about how he would like to have Rob Angus still involved in some form and they was looking at that, you would guess perhaps in some voluntary role or some role around stadium redevelopment, he is probably a good guy to have around the place.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #6487 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 09:31:05 »

If you run a business properly and don't surround yourself with murky individuals that leave you open to such questions, it probably makes life a bit easier.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6488 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 09:32:40 »

Bathford is going to be our new owner

He needs to learn how to use the 'modify' and 'quote' functions first though  Wink Cheesy !
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6489 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 09:33:32 »

Clem didn’t have a little black book of football contacts. He’s gone for people he knows rather than advertise for experienced football people he doesn’t know. Tbh, I’m not sure which way I’d go with the sharks that swim in football’s waters.

We can only hope they hit the ground running and get to grips with how things work.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #6490 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 09:37:41 »

Bob Orange
Have you got the link for CM s talk last night ?
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #6491 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 09:37:59 »

So whilst this is a good

I personally feel our fanbase won't apply constant questioning and pressure should a good owner come along - that can be you Bathford (Please).

Under Fitton our fanbase seemed really united and I don't remember any fan pressure on them. Post-Black has been a continual cycle of issues and a completely clean slate and start with a Fitton-esque owner would unite the fan base I'd feel. Clem hasn't helped himself recently with the constant story changes and who he associates himself with.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6492 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 09:39:27 »

How many owners of a lower league football club had any experience of running one when they bought it?

Just hope that these shenanigans hit home to Clem that he - or his minions - need to get a grip on what needs to change to get the club running a bit more smoothly.

I think this is a good question and something I've banged on about before. When Wrexham got taken over, the first thing their owners did was recruit Shaun Harvey, who has a deep knowledge of the game and working for various clubs as well as the EFL itself. My personal opinion is that Clem should have done something similar. Rob Angus is all well and good, but he doesn't have the depth of knowledge of working in football, and neither does Anthony Hall.

To me, it doesn't feel like there is a coherent plan that Clem is following, as with his interview last night, a lot of it seems very 'suck it and see'. Last season felt a bit like that, recruiting Sandro, giving the job to Linsdey, then the whole Morris/Brand thing - it just didn't feel quite right. That plan was ripped up and to be fair to Clem, recruiting Flynn has been a masterstroke so far. I'm being really harsh but I'm not sure how much of that was down to luck rather than judgement. I just hope that now we seem to have hit upon a recipe that works, we run with it, and make sure everyone is pulling in the same direction.

FWIW, I like Clem and I really want it to work for him.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6493 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 09:40:27 »

Invest and take a back seat Bathford  Wink
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6494 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 09:42:27 »

Bob Orange
Have you got the link for CM s talk last night ?

I'm not giving you a lift to Colchester mind Wink

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 432 [433] 434 435 436 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: