Pages: 1 ... 426 427 428 [429] 430 431 432 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1248929 times)
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #6420 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:09:47 »

Some good suggestions from Clem tbf. Didn’t consider putting a roof on the Town End before
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #6421 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:10:41 »

I honestly don’t think he does actually know what’s going on. It sounds like someone who has little to no knowledge or interest in the nitty gritty of running a football club. What we need to know is - who is

Some guy who has run a liquidated plumbing business for Clem and has literally no CEO or football experience?
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #6422 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:14:43 »

This whole Clem/Eady Trust/Trust STFC "I gifted the fans the money" point needs unpacking in detail. It was a pretty extraordinary and ill judged comment.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #6423 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:15:52 »

This whole Clem/Eady Trust/Trust STFC "I gifted the fans the money" point needs unpacking in detail. It was a pretty extraordinary and ill judged comment.

I can see what he was getting at, but the wording left a lot to be desired.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6424 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:16:26 »

Again, that was probably not what he meant. He just can’t think on his feet - stuff just spills out.

Can’t condemn the fella if he’s not articulate under pressure.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:19:16 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #6425 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:18:36 »

I can see what he was getting at, but the wording left a lot to be desired.

Agreed, it wasn't his to gift (albeit it was the football clubs & he is the owner of it)
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #6426 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:21:30 »

Don’t think he’s the messiah, but also don’t think he’s trying to fuck over the fans. But my god, he needs to work on his communication. He will never gain the full trust of the fanbase until his communication improves. The “gifted” comment for example. No doubt, he had zero malice behind the comment, but come on. Hardly the most endearing comment to a fanbase that has become quite rightly, largely sceptical in recent months.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6427 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:22:54 »

He's not a details guy or a comms guy, which is fair enough, none of us have every skill. But recognise that and hire some people to do it... perhaps that's the new CEO, who knows.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #6428 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:23:15 »

It has been enlightening. I’m now convinced that there hasn’t been the calculated dishonesty we feared. I think it’s simply not knowing the detail, and making it up as they go along. No wonder the details of a debenture are missed. On balance, I’d rather it this way, than trying to intentionally screw us over.
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #6429 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:23:45 »

Did the question get asked how were losing so much money each year or have I missed that?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6430 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:24:11 »

It has been enlightening. I’m now convinced that there hasn’t been the calculated dishonesty we feared. I think it’s simply not knowing the detail, and making it up as they go along. No wonder the details of a debenture are missed. On balance, I’d rather it this way, than trying to intentionally screw us over.
In a nutshell
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6431 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:24:27 »

Similarly I find it hard to believe anyone wanting to run the club secretly from behind the scenes would choose him as a front man!
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #6432 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:25:53 »

Car crash. Nothing to do with Vic or TSTBL’s Joe either- they asked the Qs as much as they could. about as unprofessional as it gets. Zero conviction with regards to anything positive. Extremely defensive.

Say tonight wasn’t Clem, owner of Swindon Town. And it was Jim, owner of Portsmouth- If that’s a different owner of a different club, and you’ve caught parts of that interview, you’d be laughing/insulting/questioning how legit of an owner he is.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6433 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:25:57 »

The implication being the Eady Trust would have given the FC the money even without a joint venture.
-----------
I've no idea if he's straight up or not. Despite his protestations I'll never be comfortable with Hart/Austin around the club. Whether that's my problem or a genuine concern we'll see.

Still at least he did it.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6434 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:28:45 »

Car crash. Nothing to do with Vic or TSTBL’s Joe either, about as unprofessional as it gets. Zero conviction with regards to anything positive. Extremely defensive.

Say tonight wasn’t Clem, owner of Swindon Town. And it was Jim, owner of Portsmouth- If that’s a different owner of a different club, and you’ve caught parts of that interview, you’d be laughing/insulting/questioning how legit of an owner he is.
But he’s the opposite of Power who was always ready with a quip and an answer - he knew what he was doing with the club and obfuscated accordingly when questioned.

Clem came across as being caught in the headlights, did no homework on what he must have known he would be asked. Naive is the word.
Pages: 1 ... 426 427 428 [429] 430 431 432 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: