Pages: 1 ... 404 405 406 [407] 408 409 410 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1252542 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6090 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 01:42:41 »

https://www.stfcfoundation.com/news/nigel-eady-training-centre

https://www.stfcfoundation.com/news/the-nigel-eady-training-centre-is-officially-open

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6091 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 01:45:13 »

Obviously like the ground purchase; that’s a huge assist for Nigel Eady & a tap in to an open goal for the club…
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6092 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 03:21:30 »

I thought our Academy also use Calne though, and not Foundation Park - as per previous, too distant to know and haven't seen much by way of printed evidence to suggest investment by the football club, but I could just be missing the details?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6093 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 06:01:46 »

I’m not sure it’s specifically for our youth team but obviously Foundation Park is there and they’ve just built a new indoor venue next to it - The Nigel Eady training facility I believe
but that's the stfc foundations resources, mostly used for community work.

Of course it's used by the club when they need it and if there's space - you can't kick off existing bookings at the drop off a hat.

the women use it mind
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #6094 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 09:27:51 »

Everyone likes to get excited over 'moaners' but here you have Saxondale talking about actual industry experience and people just don't wanna hear it - would rather our resident Happy Hardcore MC 'has a go' just like he's done with the B&M Bargains Lotto machine.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #6095 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 09:33:19 »

It needs to be thought through.  They need advising and I just hope they are getting some good advice.    
You, more than anyone is aware of the issues the pitfalls and plus points. Maybe if the club was in contact with you then possibly you could guide them in the right direction mate?

I can get your name/contact passed on to those who arrange if you wish, obviously if you would rather not assist them then I fully understand this too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6096 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 09:43:23 »

Everyone likes to get excited over 'moaners' but here you have Saxondale talking about actual industry experience and people just don't wanna hear it - would rather our resident Happy Hardcore MC 'has a go' just like he's done with the B&M Bargains Lotto machine.

So far they have allocated the sum root of about 20 minutes of some ones time putting a basic survey together to gauge interest in an event, genre and possibly ticket type, as far as I can tell there is literally no evidence that they have got a promoter involved, but equally there is no evidence that they are not already working with someone.

Yet we have page upon page of complaint and criticism in the main based upon literally fuck all detail.  
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #6097 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 09:55:07 »

So far they have allocated the sum root of about 20 minutes of some ones time putting a basic survey together to gauge interest in an event, genre and possibly ticket type, as far as I can tell there is literally no evidence that they have got a promoter involved, but equally there is no evidence that they are not already working with someone.

Yet we have page upon page of complaint and criticism in the main based upon literally fuck all detail.  

<Mandalorian Mode ON> This is the way <Mandalorian Mode OFF>
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #6098 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 10:31:27 »

The problem with putting on a concert and doing it well, even if loads of it outsourced... is the club will be required to do lots of things well, but we tend to do lots of things badly / make shortcuts / expect things on the cheap. They should practice with running a football club well before expanding into other areas
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6099 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 10:44:42 »

The Black Keys are town fans through their manager....maybe give him a bell.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #6100 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 11:13:26 »

The Black Keys are town fans through their manager....maybe give him a bell.

What a band. Would love to get this going in the Town End:

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6101 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 11:42:03 »

Is it moaning?  I see a lot of responses providing very constructive criticism, advice even.  Not see a poster come out and say it's a stupid idea to want to use the facility for large events.  I also think that it is a good idea, especially since the Oasis is now sitting dormant, which used to be able to pull in some smaller stuff in the past.   I also mentioned how such an idea could and should be incorporated into the development of the ground.  Often grounds are developed simply with the football in mind with add on facilities looking a bit bolt on.  We have an opportunity to develop the ground with other uses in mind.  Obviously it's on a different scale and was an entire ground, but what Spurs did was impressive, not least having their pitch designed to be removed and replaced to allow for other events to be scheduled.  I'm nont suggesting we install a rollaway pitch, but we should think about what is needed to retain a grass surface when we may need to use the space for a month of the off season for example.  Do we need to store the infrastructure needed for such events?  There are loads of details like this we could be exerting effort on right now, building the plan.

This is why I brought up the Youth Academy bit - we seem to chuck some words around, but I don't see much by way of strategic thinking.  It could all be happening behind the scenes and explode into sight at some point, but evidence suggests otherwise.  If we truly wanted an Academy to be right up there with the best, we'd invest in a development team between Youth and Pro level for example - that clearly costs money, none seems forthcoming.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6102 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 12:25:54 »

I wasn't sure, so checked, they have indeed stated an aim to have one in 2024:

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2023/september/the-county-ground-to-host-concert-in-2024/

It's not just a survey to see if it's worthwhile, it looks like a stated aim.  Hence the comments by people in the industry about the timeline needed to get the type of act to play a stadium, again, that seems very constructive feedback as opposed to them moaning.  The links others provided to the places that seem to have done this well also all had one thing in common, the announcement of the event date was almost a year ahead.  If the industry insiders and the printed evidence can be trusted, then we should be announcing the event now, not that we are trying to figure it out.  2025 or 2026 seems a more likely aim to enable us time to prepare a proper Commercial Plan.

It begs another question - does such a plan, to host an event or more than one, tie into any plans we have to work on the ground development, or does it hint at nothing much being expected on that front?

I think the point is that we have indeed made a fanfare announcement about something that isn't yet planned.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #6103 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 12:29:38 »

Having worked in the same industry as Saxondale but as a promoter I could not agree with him more.

The county ground could be a viable outdoor summer concert venue, but a DIY ethos is incredibly precarious and liable to fuck up. The industry thrives on reputation and professionalism. You need to be on the button from the word go.

An outside promoter in my opinion is the only sensible way to go.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #6104 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 13:02:08 »

Let’s hope that whoever ‘rocks’ up has their own ‘wall of sound’ and doesn’t rely on our PA super stereo sound system 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 406 [407] 408 409 410 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: