Pages: 1 ... 391 392 393 [394] 395 396 397 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1253625 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #5895 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 12:34:27 »

Brady's bunch promised a lot in a short space of time but didn't hang around once the 30,000 stadium, hotel and housing development fell through.

So, give no fucks
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #5896 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 12:35:36 »

But is it? Is it any different from Lee Powers 'professional services'?

Lack of faith it is.

Difference being that Power was the owner.
In general, should an owner of a lower league outfit be taking a "salary" out of their club?
Most fans wouldn't be comfortable with it I suspect, unless they can see very tangible benefits.

As an aside, at the other end of the scale, not sure if the independently wealthy owners of Brighton, Brentford or the guy at Bristol City take money out or benefit financially in any way. The former 2 are also fans if I'm not mistaken & the latter is some kind of altruist given the massive outlay for almost no return.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #5897 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 12:37:10 »

Lansdown is worth more than 2 billion😀

So, give no fucks
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5898 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 12:38:00 »

On top of all this I don't think the planets have ever really aligned for us to be taken over at a sensible price by a sensible new owners, the only real time was when Black was trying to get out but the speed at which that needed to be done made it a shysters paradise as no sensible person would take over with a due diligence period of about 24 hours.

That is why I think now would be a good time for the Trust, with help, to launch a bid - it may not succeed even if Clem bites.

The business itself is steady ish.

It now has a foothold in the ground, gifted to it.

Debts, seemingly, are soft - Director loans, plus whatever the state of the Kiely one is.

Clem does not appear to have money leftover, or someone willing to throw more in easily enough.

Would a Trust or Trust JV with outside investor work, maybe not, but now would be the time to try (taking over a basket case could indeed lead to years of mediocrity as the fans try and figure out how topo run the club on a shoestring).  Right now, the Trust could likely attract some silent, or quiet, partners into the fray and fans have something to actually invest in rather than just buckets.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5899 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 12:38:30 »

City lose more a month and we were losing in multiple years.
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #5900 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 12:40:51 »

Looks like Whelan has deleted his tweet in ref to Angus, or I'm just blind and can't see it.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5901 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 12:40:57 »

City lose more a month and we were losing in multiple years.

Because they are run like an ego trip - the bringing together of multiple teams for example, to try and make some sort of regional super club, and their constant outlay to try and get to the promise land quickly.  Luton showed most of that league up - most of them are just spunking money with little thought it seems, playing some sort of baby Prem show.
stfcjack

Ignore
« Reply #5902 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 12:43:16 »

Incredibly lots of City fans I know aren't happy with Lansdown. They think he's more interested in the rugby than the footballing side. Imagine being unhappy having a billionaire owner who's pumped 10s of millions in to your club.
Kaufman

Ignore
« Reply #5903 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 12:45:44 »

Looks like Whelan has deleted his tweet in ref to Angus, or I'm just blind and can't see it.

I mentioned this a few pages back. It was deleted.
We know at some point his departure will be announced.
It’s gone beyond rumour mill.
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #5904 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 12:46:45 »

If Angus has left what difference does it make really? Flynn and other football staff report direct to Morfuni. In fact it might help the trust be more independent- at the end of the day Rob was a trust member working for the club.
stfcjack

Ignore
« Reply #5905 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 12:51:35 »

Ah apologies, easy to get lost in all this Cheesy
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5906 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 12:53:01 »

Has it gone beyond rumours?
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #5907 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 12:56:16 »

If Angus has left what difference does it make really? Flynn and other football staff report direct to Morfuni. In fact it might help the trust be more independent- at the end of the day Rob was a trust member working for the club.

I think him being there always left me thinking that he would do his best to make sure that anything going on behind the scenes would be in the best interests of the club. Him leaving could mean that he's had a better offer, or he's just not that into it, or it could mean that he doesn't want to stand by and watch his beloved club get destroyed.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #5908 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 13:00:50 »

I think him being there always left me thinking that he would do his best to make sure that anything going on behind the scenes would be in the best interests of the club. Him leaving could mean that he's had a better offer, or he's just not that into it, or it could mean that he doesn't want to stand by and watch his beloved club get destroyed.

I'm sure he would whistle blow if it was that serious.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5909 on: Friday, September 8, 2023, 13:03:32 »

All Whelan tweeted was that he got a ‘no comment’ from the club when asked about Rob Angus.
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 393 [394] 395 396 397 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: