Pages: 1 ... 376 377 378 [379] 380 381 382 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1252040 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #5670 on: Wednesday, September 6, 2023, 12:09:51 »

Surely that date is just the next Advisory Board, no? And if they don't get the answers they want, they walk out on principle?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5671 on: Wednesday, September 6, 2023, 12:10:16 »

Surely that date is just the next Advisory Board, no? And if they don't get the answers they want, they walk out on principle?

Dont be silly!
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #5672 on: Wednesday, September 6, 2023, 12:39:48 »

Dont be silly!

In all seriousness, the Advisory Board meet, I believe, in the first week of every month.

Clem and Rob Angus attended the last one, as did a senior representative of the Trust.

This is pure farce. The Trust statement says they are still simply asking "the club for a date to discuss our concerns."

Is that not perfectly possible at the Advisory Board? If it isn't then sack that charade off once and for all.

And if they haven't discussed this in the Sept AB, then that is equally ludicrous.

« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 6, 2023, 13:12:57 by Mooneyraker » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5673 on: Wednesday, September 6, 2023, 13:06:50 »

I guess there are other parties, such as Don Rogers and the Official Supporters Club woman that I assume can't be in discussions of items that I assume are not for public consumption or something?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #5674 on: Wednesday, September 6, 2023, 13:07:43 »

I guess there are other parties, such as Don Rogers and the Official Supporters Club woman that I assume can't be in discussions of items that I assume are not for public consumption or something?

But the Trust will be briefing these back to the public... won't they? #OpenAndTransparent, right?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5675 on: Wednesday, September 6, 2023, 13:10:35 »

I presume lawyers (Clems) need to be checked with before the Trust can be "Trusted" with the responses they need to give.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5676 on: Wednesday, September 6, 2023, 13:13:24 »

But the Trust will be briefing these back to the public... won't they? #OpenAndTransparent, right?

Of course, but I'm sure there are probably still things that probably can't be discussed for legal reasons.

I do agree though, that on the face of it around the time of the AB meeting would make sense as all parties are in the same vicinity.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #5677 on: Wednesday, September 6, 2023, 13:13:52 »

In all seriousness, the Advisory Board meet, I believe, in the first week of every month.

Clem and Rob Angus attended the last one, as did a senior representative of the Trust.

This is pure farce. The Trust statement says they are still simply asking "the club for a date to discuss our concerns."

Is that not perfectly possible at the Advisory Board? If it isn't then sack that charade off once and for all.

And if they haven't discussed this in the Sept AB, then that is equally ludicrous.

In which case I'd come back to these positions
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5678 on: Wednesday, September 6, 2023, 13:43:02 »

Mooney, I'm broadly sympathetic to your point of view, but I can't help think that your escalation is too severe. Not getting a date in the diary for two weeks does not need to immediately and completely lead to burning the Trust's relationship with the club to the ground. That has to be the ultimate possible endpoint, but if the club's response so far is that the conversation can happen, but as yet the date is in the diary, then it's probably worth at least having a bit more patience.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #5679 on: Wednesday, September 6, 2023, 13:48:57 »

Mooney, I'm broadly sympathetic to your point of view, but I can't help think that your escalation is too severe. Not getting a date in the diary for two weeks does not need to immediately and completely lead to burning the Trust's relationship with the club to the ground. That has to be the ultimate possible endpoint, but if the club's response so far is that the conversation can happen, but as yet the date is in the diary, then it's probably worth at least having a bit more patience.

Yes, I'm using hyperbole to make a point which is broadly "they have/had a date already with all the key people."

And that the AB is a crock of faeces.

A reminder of the premise of the AB: "The sole purpose of the STFC Advisory Board is to meet monthly to review and assess the performance and strategic direction of Swindon Town Football Club, and to ensure that there is open, transparent and regular engagement on key matters impacting all aspects of the club.

It also builds on the Memorandum of Understanding that was recently signed between Swindon Town and TrustSTFC, and it continues the commitment from the Football Club to maintain open and transparent engagement with its fanbase
."

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2021/september/stfc-advisory-board-meets-for-the-first-time/

Is this not a chance for its finest hour?

Probably worth re-reading that Memorandum too: https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/siteassets/202122/2021-22-general-content/memorandum-of-understanding---truststfc-and-stfc---final.docx.pdf

"j) Discuss any meaningful potential ownership changes in advance of such changes
happening.

« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 6, 2023, 13:54:39 by Mooneyraker » Logged
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5680 on: Wednesday, September 6, 2023, 14:01:23 »

I'm not saying for one second that the AB is not... less use than it's made out to be. I think it's actually probably quite useful for smaller stuff (the STFC Museum stuff for example, it's nice to have an update on) but it's clearly not a forum for the ownership of the club stuff (or the stadium stuff, which they clearly recognise as the CGJV operates and updates separately).

But it's probably worth (for now at least) going through the motions there rather than just saying fuck you and the ship you sailed in on to the club, as much as that might be satisfying in the short term. It just feels like that would be grandstanding for a bit of credit with some sections of the fanbase, but probably not likely to have a positive (or even neutral) effect on the chances of making anything happen.

It's not that I don't want these answers tomorrow, but the Trust have very few cards to play really and going all in on this straight away feels unwise.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #5681 on: Wednesday, September 6, 2023, 14:07:15 »

I'm not saying for one second that the AB is not... less use than it's made out to be. I think it's actually probably quite useful for smaller stuff (the STFC Museum stuff for example, it's nice to have an update on) but it's clearly not a forum for the ownership of the club stuff (or the stadium stuff, which they clearly recognise as the CGJV operates and updates separately).

But it's probably worth (for now at least) going through the motions there rather than just saying fuck you and the ship you sailed in on to the club, as much as that might be satisfying in the short term. It just feels like that would be grandstanding for a bit of credit with some sections of the fanbase, but probably not likely to have a positive (or even neutral) effect on the chances of making anything happen.

It's not that I don't want these answers tomorrow, but the Trust have very few cards to play really and going all in on this straight away feels unwise.

I'm absolutely prepared to accept that the Trust have simply been naive on this regime since day one, rather than fellow bad faith actors, with the odd dash of ego/hubris thrown in there too.

In which case, I'd ask them to re-read that Memorandum and look each other in the eyes. They have been royally fucked over and made to look like impotent fools/useful idiots. I think they need to take the gloves off and would respect them for doing so.

I also accept that many of their members wouldn't want that or agree with me, which is fine. It's a tough one.

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2021/august/town-sign-mou-with-truststfc/

Alternatively we all just agree that we've reached a point where all of these things that have been announced are utterly meaningless, like our Chief Sustainability Officer. Last seen at the County Ground when...?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 6, 2023, 14:17:40 by Mooneyraker » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5682 on: Wednesday, September 6, 2023, 16:28:05 »

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/23772593.promotion-outperforming-budget-swindon/

I can't read the article, and the headlines have tendency to err on the Bollocks side like here, but does this essentially suggest we haven't got a budget for promotion?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #5683 on: Wednesday, September 6, 2023, 16:30:52 »

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/23772593.promotion-outperforming-budget-swindon/

I can't read the article, and the headlines have tendency to err on the Bollocks side like here, but does this essentially suggest we haven't got a budget for promotion?

During his phone in last night, he said there would be 7 teams with a higher budget than us, so if we were to get in the play offs we’d be doing well. Something along them lines anyway.
Think the teams listed were the obvious ones with higher budgets than us. Wrexham, Gillingham, Notts County, Salford, Mansfield maybe Bradford? Can’t remember the other.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #5684 on: Wednesday, September 6, 2023, 16:53:45 »

During his phone in last night, he said there would be 7 teams with a higher budget than us, so if we were to get in the play offs we’d be doing well. Something along them lines anyway.
Think the teams listed were the obvious ones with higher budgets than us. Wrexham, Gillingham, Notts County, Salford, Mansfield maybe Bradford? Can’t remember the other.

Stockport was the other one😀

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 378 [379] 380 381 382 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: