Pages: 1 ... 362 363 364 [365] 366 367 368 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1253668 times)
Laddy in Red

Ignore
« Reply #5460 on: Thursday, August 24, 2023, 07:14:40 »

Thanks Rich. Superficialy it doesn't appear to be a bad thing thing to have Keily around but the secrecy makes it suspicious. Hopefully a Clem statement will give us half the story soon.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5461 on: Thursday, August 24, 2023, 07:27:54 »

Quote from: Costanza
It's very hard to discuss this sort of stuff when things are going very well. You get pelters/abuse for being negative or not ever being happy etc. especially during this Morfuni era because fans have been so passionately in favour of him after the shitshow of the Summer of '21.

You might want to stay away from the Facebook group!
--
I found it 'interesting' that the person who brought in such a fuck up as SDM was still around the club. Latest events obviously make sense of that.

Have you any idea how long Adam Hart has been around and what they link is (Kiely, Austin, Clem?).. I have a similar question about him, but because of fuck up but because the role his company was providing to mum understanding is now in house (as it's he is I read the AB notes right).

Just trying to work out in my head who other than Clem and Austin were around from the power era
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #5462 on: Thursday, August 24, 2023, 07:34:39 »

The official line on Hart was he was brought in on matters of Strength and Conditioning, which was a success, but they've all gone to Colchester and Crawley now but he remains around because of Sonny Hart (seemingly enough to secure the level of access he has - not sure that's a given for U18 parents usually?)

I'm not prepared to discuss some individuals mentioned unless I am 100% sure on what I type.

Might sound hyperbolic but that's a risk that I'm willing to take.
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 24, 2023, 07:39:35 by Costanza » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5463 on: Thursday, August 24, 2023, 07:40:23 »

That's fair enough rich. Thanks
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #5464 on: Thursday, August 24, 2023, 07:54:26 »

I'm not prepared to discuss some individuals mentioned unless I am 100% sure on what I type.

Might sound hyperbolic but that's a risk that I'm willing to take.
Can't argue with that.

I think it must be a requirement to also state  significant interest on the website as other clubs do too.
Correct

114.6 Each Club shall publish the identities of the ultimate owner (Person, not Entity) of each
Significant Interest in the Club (as that term is defined Rule 1.1 of Appendix 3). That
information shall as a minimum be published on the Club’s official website on a page
accessible directly from the home page of that official club website.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #5465 on: Thursday, August 24, 2023, 08:04:07 »

I can’t see one obviously either.

We know “Zav” was around before. Did Hart come in post Power? I don’t remember him beforehand.

I’m just trying to remind myself of the chronology.

Kiely may have been spectacularly successful but I wonder how many other 34 year old former lower league reserve goalkeepers have over £1m to put into a football club.

Zav and Power absolutely despised each other. I don't think Clem has the club without Zav, hence the fact Zav has stuck around in an 'unofficial' capacity. I'm not sure Clem and Zav are particularly great friends, however.

Hart is (or was) a part of Ricky Mcfarlane's fitness and conditioning squad. During that 21/22 season he was pretty popular with the players and you could normally see him wandering around. Actually spoke to him once (didn't realise it was him) and he was perfectly pleasant. I'm not sure of his level of involvement any more.

Kiely is an odd one. There's a perfectly good chance he's totally legitimate, wants the best for the club and is good at what he does. What irks me is why he was kept quiet, or why the club are a bit shady about him. It just fuels distrust, particularly in a fan base that has been through a lot. People being tying everyone to Power because they're involved in horse racing is a little odd.... A lot of people in that world. Pretty sure Charlie Austin is involved, and I don't think he and Power are buddies.

As is normally the case with these things, you have a section of supporters who think everything is great and a section who are putting out every conspiracy theory going. The truth is normally somewhere in the middle. I still do genuinely believe Clem is genuine in what he wants, but perhaps he's a bitten off a little more than he can chew. Also the people he surrounds himself with make it hard to trust him 100%.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #5466 on: Thursday, August 24, 2023, 08:08:43 »

Zav and Power absolutely despised each other. I don't think Clem has the club without Zav, hence the fact Zav has stuck around in an 'unofficial' capacity. I'm not sure Clem and Zav are particularly great friends, however.

Kiely is an odd one. There's a perfectly good chance he's totally legitimate, wants the best for the club and is good at what he does. What irks me is why he was kept quiet, or why the club are a bit

Your summary of the relationships between Power/Austin (at the end) and Austin/Morfuni are in line with what I'm told.

I suppose, hypothetically, you then ask the question:

Which side is Chris Kiely on and how does that impact the club?

(...and this era has been very much about sides)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #5467 on: Thursday, August 24, 2023, 08:09:36 »

Liam Wells, a young boxer trained by Adam Hart, was wearing a Swindon logo on his tracksuit in January 2019, which suggests some kind of association dates back to then at least.

https://www.boxingscene.com/liam-wells-tipped-big-things-by-coach-adam-hart--135183
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #5468 on: Thursday, August 24, 2023, 08:13:58 »

Can anyone explain what the downsides were to Clem saying, at the point that the debenture became an issue, something along the lines of "In order to secure the CG purchase, the Eady Trust have stipulated that this debenture needs paying off in full (or whatever the exact issue was). In order to do this in the required timeframe I have taken on external investment from X and Y as I believe the ground purchase to be in both the short term and long term interests of the club" or words to that effect? Would fans have had an issue with that?

Alternatively, what were the upsides in the deception route, given the truth was always going to out?

I'm struggling to understand the logic of the lies and can therefore only conclude that it must be part of a bigger, uglier mess.

They could even have buried this message in the PR for the ground purchase itself.

My position for now remains the above.

Clem seems like a genuinely good guy but for some reason or other he is in completely over his head with a seriously unpleasant crowd and is tying himself in knots trying to keep the truth from getting out there.

I'm not prepared to put that down to shoddy comms.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5469 on: Thursday, August 24, 2023, 08:18:25 »

Seebeck 87 Limited has been issued a 'First Gazette' strike off notice. Noticed it's accounts have been overdue for a while.

Where it fits in the lovely structure of Swin is it owns the club, but Seebeck itself is owned by Swinton Reds.

Kieran McGuire shared something on Twitter about Hamilton Academicals also being given that notice. I assume it's done for all companies the same time of the year as the dates completely aligned. 29th August I think is the deadline. In Hamilton's case he said it was likely just some shoddy filing of paperword rather than anything sinister.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #5470 on: Thursday, August 24, 2023, 08:23:53 »

This isn't a 'I told you so' message (because I was being cryptic instead of being clearer than I could/should have been) but I'm bumping this because, as I said in September last year, Kiely has been very present for a long time.

The rumours around his role vary but one consistent that I've heard since before he time of the above is that he has a level of control at Swindon that might not be legally binding but enough for Morfuni to not be able to run the club like a 100% owner would normally.

It's very hard to discuss this sort of stuff when things are going very well. You get pelters/abuse for being negative or not ever being happy etc. especially during this Morfuni era because fans have been so passionately in favour of him after the shitshow of the Summer of '21.

Appreciate the input Rich, fwiw that's broadly aligned with some things I'd been hearing also. As with a lot of things behind the scenes down at SN1, it's difficult to know what's truth from fiction.

I'm always loath (excuse the pun) to criticise, but if this indeed true, then you have to start questioning the due diligence of the Trust on Clem and the continued rhetoric that he was, and always has been 100% owner. The open and honest mantra, whilst sounding like manna from heaven, looks to be wildly bent out of shape.

Where does the potential house of cards go from now?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #5471 on: Thursday, August 24, 2023, 08:31:13 »

Guess a lot of it depends on the share transfer agreement details and rights between Kiely and Morfuni. If there's pre-emption rights again, like there was in Clems agreement with Power, we are potentially stuck in the constant doomcycle of only being able to sell to the minority shareholder.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #5472 on: Thursday, August 24, 2023, 08:32:30 »

My thoughts on Clem have always remained relatively unchanged. I think he's a genuinely good guy that wants the best for the football club. His influence on getting Lee Power out of the club, whilst often mocked by some in certain circumstances, shouldn't be forgotten. That said, the hangers on, who I'm assuming want their pound of flesh, just are not going away. I'm guessing that Clem absolutely does not want them there as the open and honest thing can never really work with Zav Austin continually appearing in the director's box etc.

Unfortunately it seems that Clem's finances are now extremely stretched and he has had no other option than to seek third party help. Unfortunately that means more hangers on and I assume hinders any future sale of the club as the market value is likely to be inflated to be able to pay these guys off?

The irony is of course, is that a lot of the football on the pitch this season has been tremendous, and there really does seem to be a huge buzz about Flynn and what he's looking to build.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5473 on: Thursday, August 24, 2023, 08:34:34 »

Quote from: Bob's Orange

Anywhere from sorting out finances and progressing the club to a change of ownership.

aka: no fucking idea!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5474 on: Thursday, August 24, 2023, 08:38:47 »

Kieran McGuire shared something on Twitter about Hamilton Academicals also being given that notice. I assume it's done for all companies the same time of the year as the dates completely aligned. 29th August I think is the deadline. In Hamilton's case he said it was likely just some shoddy filing of paperword rather than anything sinister.

It just relates to a certain amount of time having passed since documents were due, it may be shoddy paperwork, it may be that they have restructured things and don't need Seebeck sitting in the ownership chain any more, it always seemed odd/overcomplicated without having the full story  having Swinton>Seebeck>STFC Ltd. IIRC the debentures were signed up to when Jed took over using Seebeck as the vehicle, it may be that as they have now gone Seebeck isn't needed any more and will just be allowed to die a death?

Appreciate the input Rich, fwiw that's broadly aligned with some things I'd been hearing also. As with a lot of things behind the scenes down at SN1, it's difficult to know what's truth from fiction.

I'm always loath (excuse the pun) to criticise, but if this indeed true, then you have to start questioning the due diligence of the Trust on Clem and the continued rhetoric that he was, and always has been 100% owner. The open and honest mantra, whilst sounding like manna from heaven, looks to be wildly bent out of shape.

I am not sure how much due diligence one can do based on rumours.

I haven't been keeping fully up with this (I really cannot eat that much popcorn) what is the problem with Kiely having a shareholding (bar the supporters not being told), I could sort of understand the Harding issues (albeit if he isn't an Agent any more not really sure what they are now), but what has Kiely done to suggest he is a wrong 'un?

Does the house of cards need to go anywhere, we are a football club playing football, god forbid we are actually playing football OK at the moment which makes a nice change?
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 24, 2023, 08:41:03 by horlock07 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 364 [365] 366 367 368 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: