Pages: 1 ... 361 362 363 [364] 365 366 367 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1253722 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #5445 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 19:07:26 »

Huh what have they fallen foul of? not broke any rules have they? Whats it got to do with the others as well

We seemingly needed to declare people with a significant interest in the club, which given we fans knew nothing about them, you'd suspect the same is true of the EFL.

And the reason that it is relevant is that Clem's supposed defence for why the club shouldn't be hit with a points deduction for Standing/Power is that the page has been turned, it is new owners, #WeHaveOurClubBack etc.

I suspect the EFL might be less sympathetic to that argument if shady shit is still going on, which it seems to be.

Happy to be corrected on any of that!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5446 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 19:08:13 »

Actually, that got me thinking, could we do a low brow (Channel 5 maybe?) football ownership reality show, to ride the coat tails of Disney....

The Kiely's - Coming to Swindon (A person of influences take on partial club ownership and working around the CEO)
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #5447 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 19:09:05 »

When do we get the next set of minutes from the Monthly Box Ticking Charade Advisory Board?

Perhaps they had to go back and re-do this latest one in light of the new information...
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #5448 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 19:10:10 »

Peterborough got in trouble for failing to declare a person of significant interest. Given we've only just done it rather than when we should have back in 2022, we'd surely fall foul of the rules. Their punishment was £50k fine and suspended 3 point deduction.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #5449 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 19:10:21 »

Actually, that got me thinking, could we do a low brow (Channel 5 maybe?) football ownership reality show, to ride the coat tails of Disney....

The Kiely's - Coming to Swindon (A person of influences take on partial club ownership and working around the CEO)

This sounds a better pitch than Big Ron's Gone Iffy.

Perhaps we can get Rob Angus on The Diary of a CEO?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5450 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 19:28:20 »

Peterborough got in trouble for failing to declare a person of significant interest. Given we've only just done it rather than when we should have back in 2022, we'd surely fall foul of the rules. Their punishment was £50k fine and suspended 3 point deduction.
How does anybody know at what date someone became a person with ‘significant interest’ in a club?
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #5451 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 19:32:11 »

How does anybody know at what date someone became a person with ‘significant interest’ in a club?
The confirmation statement confirms the >10% of shares in Swinton Reds went to the Kielys on 30.09.2022, Hollie would have at least become person of significant interest on that date, if the rule is it's 10% or more of shares to become a significant person.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #5452 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 19:37:47 »

Can anyone remember if Kiely had a connection to Power?

Did their horses share the same trainer or something?

Trying to recall at what point he entered the wire-diagram of joy.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5453 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 19:42:29 »

Didn’t he come as a package with SDM?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #5454 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 19:44:28 »

Didn’t he come as a package with SDM?

Pretty sure he was the man that wanted SDM in, as was here before him.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5455 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 19:48:23 »

Can anyone remember if Kiely had a connection to Power?

Did their horses share the same trainer or something?

Trying to recall at what point he entered the wire-diagram of joy.
Power had his horses trained by Sean Curran - hence the fiasco with Taylor Curran.

I’ve had a look and there seems no crossover in horse racing terms between Power/Kiely
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #5456 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 19:54:03 »

Power had his horses trained by Sean Curran - hence the fiasco with Taylor Curran.

I’ve had a look and there seems no crossover in horse racing terms between Power/Kiely

I can’t see one obviously either.

We know “Zav” was around before. Did Hart come in post Power? I don’t remember him beforehand.

I’m just trying to remind myself of the chronology.

Kiely may have been spectacularly successful but I wonder how many other 34 year old former lower league reserve goalkeepers have over £1m to put into a football club.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5457 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 19:59:49 »

Quote from: Mooneyraker
Great, so we’ve fallen foul of that, which I’m sure will be taken into account when the Standing/Power shitshow resolves.

I am absolutely sick and tired of this shit.

potentially, but not definitely.

114 Disclosure and Publication of Ownership
114.1 A Club shall forthwith give notice to The League if any Person either directly or indirectly:
114.1.1 holds: or
114.1.2 acquires; or
114.1.3 having held or acquired, ceases to hold,
any Significant Interest in the Club.

I think it must be a requirement to also state  significant interest on the website as other clubs do too.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #5458 on: Thursday, August 24, 2023, 06:58:11 »

Hello all!

I saw that my mentioning of Kiely on a recent episode of LSPOD created a bit of conversation here. I've sort of withdrawn from social media quite a bit over the last few months so I hadn't realised that this was an unanswered aspect of the club set-up nor do I think anything is in any way sinister here.

Chris 'CK' Kiely has been on the scene a little while and is a regular at the CG (including last season). He's not hid away etc. sometimes even high-fiving players post-match and all that.

Kiely, I believe, aspires to achieve things in football akin to what Brentford and Brighton have done. Sandro Di Michele is his friend/colleague from the racing world and that's how he's ended up here. If it goes well, huzzah! If it goes badly then Kiely and Di Michele go back to the drawing board but Swindon Town are left in League 2.

My concern, which has also been raised by various posters on here over the last couple months, has only ever been why has Morfuni et al given so much responsibility to relative football rookies?

The answer to this is probably 'because he's the owner and can do whatever he damned well likes' which is fair enough to a degree but he will be left to answer this if it was to not work out (which is no different to any project/experiment).

This isn't a 'I told you so' message (because I was being cryptic instead of being clearer than I could/should have been) but I'm bumping this because, as I said in September last year, Kiely has been very present for a long time.

The rumours around his role vary but one consistent that I've heard since before he time of the above is that he has a level of control at Swindon that might not be legally binding but enough for Morfuni to not be able to run the club like a 100% owner would normally.

It's very hard to discuss this sort of stuff when things are going very well. You get pelters/abuse for being negative or not ever being happy etc. especially during this Morfuni era because fans have been so passionately in favour of him after the shitshow of the Summer of '21.
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 24, 2023, 07:05:07 by Costanza » Logged
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #5459 on: Thursday, August 24, 2023, 07:09:28 »

Any idea how he became involved in the first place, Rich?
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 363 [364] 365 366 367 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: