Pages: 1 ... 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1248294 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5145 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 15:35:02 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2023/august/club-statement-companies-house/
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #5146 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 15:37:16 »

So, how does that sit with what Aberdeen said last night, reported in the Trust statement today..?

A reminder:

Last night, Rob Angus made a statement at the Fans Forum regarding this notification where he said “we were made aware  this morning via Companies House that there was a confirmation statement update on the ownership structure of Axis Football Investments Limited of Swindon Town Football Club.”

Rob continued “It’s something that we became aware of at the same time you did. We have spoken to Clem about it and he believes that the statement has been filed in error. He has confirmed to us that he is the 100% owner of the football club and a corrective confirmation statement will be submitted as soon as possible.”

So, Clem lied last night, and made Rob repeat the lie in public, and has come clean today...?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5147 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 15:37:52 »

It's the 100% the owner of the football club vs owner of 100% of the football club difference, isn't it?

I can't imagine Rob Angus is exactly delighted with this turn of events though.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #5148 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 15:38:34 »

It's the 100% the owner of the football club vs owner of 100% of the football club difference, isn't it?

It sounds like the statement filing is no longer being put down to error though, is it?

And why are the wives the shareholders...? It's a modern world etc but can't help but think they might not be the real beneficiaries.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5149 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 15:39:29 »

It sounds like the statement filing is no longer being put down to error though, is it?

"He believes" being the weasel words there - he believed that at the time, he now realises it wasn't an error? Very much a politician double speak though.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #5150 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 15:41:31 »

Shows Morfuni does not have the funds to run a football club in the long term.

The money has run out.

He is now having to go out with the begging bowl to continue financing the club..

In my opinion it's only a matter of time before he is actively looking to sell if he is not already...
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #5151 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 15:42:35 »

Interesting that this 'turd in the swimming pool' debenture was alluded to by many before.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #5152 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 15:42:59 »

So, lends money from said to individuals which turns to shares until it's paid back. Hasn't been so logged, now backtracking like a bitch & thrown Angus under the bus.....nice
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5153 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 15:43:28 »

Interesting that this 'turd in the swimming pool' debenture was alluded to by many before.

It's the Black debenture isn't it? Always was going to become due on sale of the club, but previous sales (Jed to Power?) had negotiated some sort of rollover? Or is it another debenture that we weren't aware of?

And why are the wives the shareholders...? It's a modern world etc but can't help but think they might not be the real beneficiaries.

Strongly suspect that's a tax thing, like how Philip Green's entire business was always in his wife's name.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5154 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 15:44:26 »

why oh why oh why did Rob/the club make such a stupid ham-fisted comment about the Companies House mistake last night at the forum?

The other thing I guess I don't get it why Clem/the club actually announce the structure of the Debenture payment during the AB minutes? Then surely we wouldn't be in this situation now?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #5155 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 15:44:43 »

I'm not sure the statement directly answers any of the questions other than - it wasn't a mistake

It raises more questions over:
RA's role as mouthpiece CEO
Clem not wanting to make a statement and sweeping it under the carpet
Other bodies buried with due diligence undertaken by Clem in taking over the club
Ongoing funding

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #5156 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 15:45:57 »

Think I feel worse after the statement than before if I'm honest. There's no excuse for not communicating this out earlier and nearer the time. The fans would have been completely understanding. It's pure gaslighting antics after the fact now and that trust is wiped.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #5157 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 15:47:05 »

Leaves the Trust in a pickle, having been assured multiple times that Clem is the 100% owner/100% the owner ( ).
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5158 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 15:47:28 »

Think I feel worse after the statement than before if I'm honest. There's no excuse for not communicating this out earlier and nearer the time. The fans would have been completely understanding. It's pure gaslighting antics after the fact now and that trust is wiped.

I don't know, I'm not sure everyone would have been 100% understanding of "I don't actually have enough money". The smokescreen is definitely worse, but I don't think it's fair to say everyone would have been chill about him directly saying he'd borrowed money off some people we have at best, some questions about.

Certainly explains the drive to make the club self-sustaining funding wise.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #5159 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 15:52:25 »

So clem didn’t pay for the debentures himself as it was said back in the October minutes. Was these other two!!
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: