Pages: 1 ... 313 314 315 [316] 317 318 319 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1250830 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4725 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 19:11:23 »

My understanding is that one of our sponsors has been a major driving force in why the women’s team has been given a push.

Well, I guess if it's based on the finances of losing them v funded of supporting the women's team then there different
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4726 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 19:13:29 »

Not really - 7million watched the womens QF match. If the women’s team start going through the leagues I could see a future where they are sharing the County Ground with the Mens team. It makes good business sense and it’s good for the community and young girls to have role models in sport. What’s wrong with that?

I think that would be fantastic.

Just as long as it's not adding to the 500k pa loss.

If the women's team bring in sponsorship  and revenue that exceeds their outgoings I think it's fair for them to use that to reinvest in their team and facilities too - not subsidise the men. Works both ways
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4727 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 00:02:00 »

Is Mike Dixon of Dixon's Pianos not investing a chunk of his worth into the STFC Ladies side?

I could be totally wrong though

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4728 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 06:31:04 »

I had these musings a while back - when the previous women’s manager was sacked with the team doing quite well (from what I could tell)

I imagine it would be significantly cheaper and easy to build up the status of the women’s team and get them through the leagues than it would the men’s team.

It would be interesting to know how much money the top women’s team bring in compared to a middling league two club and how the operating expenses differ…
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4729 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 08:04:20 »

Fuck me if we are concerned about teams under the STFC running at a loss I can think of one that we could get shot of and save a fortune then.
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #4730 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 08:31:18 »

I had these musings a while back - when the previous women’s manager was sacked with the team doing quite well (from what I could tell)

I imagine it would be significantly cheaper and easy to build up the status of the women’s team and get them through the leagues than it would the men’s team.

It would be interesting to know how much money the top women’s team bring in compared to a middling league two club and how the operating expenses differ…

It may be, but to get to the top level it costs millions - hence the rise of the likes of the top 6 dominating the WSL as well as the Prem - and the fall of the likes of Reading.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4731 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 09:00:33 »

Fuck me if we are concerned about teams under the STFC running at a loss I can think of one that we could get shot of and save a fortune then.
you've missed the point. at least my point.

which was when you beg fans for every penny, cut back to the quick and try to get to breakeven it doesn't sit right to bring in more debt until we've sorted our own shit out.

same with the Karachi stuff, which was later deemed as 'minimal outlay'.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4732 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 09:07:57 »

Women’s football is, by and large, boring shite - as borne out by the present WC. It’s a dreadful spectacle, devoid of excitement.
DMC

« Reply #4733 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 09:12:58 »

Women’s football is, by and large, boring shite - as borne out by the present WC. It’s a dreadful spectacle, devoid of excitement.
For you of course. It is the same as absolutely anything in life and down to personal choice
DMC

« Reply #4734 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 09:14:33 »

you've missed the point. at least my point.

which was when you beg fans for every penny, cut back to the quick and try to get to breakeven it doesn't sit right to bring in more debt until we've sorted our own shit out.

same with the Karachi stuff, which was later deemed as 'minimal outlay'.
The problem with this is you don't see the womens team as our debt. The club have taken it on and told us as much

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4735 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 09:18:38 »

For you of course. It is the same as absolutely anything in life and down to personal choice
Convince me otherwise.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #4736 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 09:23:31 »

Feels like one for the AB. What are the running costs of the Women's team and how is that currently funded?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #4737 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 09:31:41 »

In your opinion.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4738 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 09:36:31 »

Again, convince me otherwise. I’ve watched a fair few of the WC games - including the semi final on now - without exception every game has been poor.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #4739 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 09:38:43 »

I love it, plenty of drama and excitement. The standard of women's football has improved massively over the last few years and I'm sure it will continue to do so.
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 315 [316] 317 318 319 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: