Pages: 1 ... 312 313 314 [315] 316 317 318 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1254501 times)
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #4710 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 17:39:02 »

Is it any worse than the OSC 50/50 draw?
(Hopefully that's not affected.)

Can't see it making much money anyway

Yeah I think taking my opinion of it aside, it’s a fine initiative for those who want to get involved. Club needs income streams and if Clem wants us to run on our own footing then we need income streams from as many sources as possible.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4711 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 17:43:33 »

Quote from: theakston2k
I notice it’s to pay for the playing budgets of both the men’s and women’s teams. This will probably come across as sexist but I do hope we aren’t diverting funds that could be spent on the men’s team to help develop the women’s team. The reality is most are only interested in the 1st team and you can’t just force people to support the women’s team because it now operates under the same banner, the reality is most aren’t interested currently. For now I’d rather both have entirely separate funding streams so that there isn’t any perception that we are using funds that could be used to improve the men’s team to prop up the women’s team or vice versa.
haha. I nearly wrote a very similar post but deleted it.

nothing against the women's team but I don't follow it or much care
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #4712 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 17:47:09 »

haha. I nearly wrote a very similar post but deleted it.

nothing against the women's team but I don't follow it or much care

One of Clem's major mis-steps in my opinion. Baffling to take on the Women's team when our own house is in disarray.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #4713 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 17:54:14 »

To make a case for the women's team that's rooted in financial advantage rather than the overall cause of social progress - I can't imagine the budget is even 10% of the men's team and probably far less than that. If it can become revenue generating and develop new generations of (mostly young female) fans who become fans of the men's club as well then there's potential there for all areas of the club to benefit.

And you know, there's probably not a huge crossover of fan base at the moment but give it a bit of success and that might well change. Certainly easier on our budget to get success on the women's side than it will be on the men's.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4714 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 18:00:32 »

I don't think it's a bad idea. I think it's a bad idea now.

I can't find the conversation. But as I understand it the women's team isn't self sufficient either. if they are 'no cost' then fair enough.

undoubtedly there is a market for women's football that could ultimately make it profitable! The women's premier League average was 7000+ though the attendances were very varied
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #4715 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 18:05:16 »

I don't think it's a bad idea. I think it's a bad idea now.

I can't find the conversation. But as I understand it the women's team isn't self sufficient either. if they are 'no cost' then fair enough.

undoubtedly there is a market for women's football that could ultimately make it profitable! The women's premier League average was 7000+ though the attendances were very varied

This. If £1 of my season ticket money is being diverted, I'd be a bit miffed.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4716 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 18:20:32 »

What was the fan funding vehicle that raised some money to get that fella in from Sunderland in for a month?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #4717 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 18:23:36 »

What was the fan funding vehicle that raised some money to get that fella in from Sunderland in for a month?

Red Army Fund wasnt it?

People donated a certain amount of money for every point we earned, or something like that.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4718 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 18:23:53 »

Red Army Fund?
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #4719 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 18:28:03 »

That's the badger:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/2329816/proctor-to-end-swindon-stay
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4720 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 18:41:22 »

While every penny counts, this one seemed a bit odd and hardly likely (to my mind) to generate much beyond what it costs to manage.  Then a quick google educated me that plenty of clubs do this, so I clearly know jack shit.

I presume the club have registered for a license?  (I mean, it sounds daft to think of the need to ask, but, well, Swindon...)
« Last Edit: Monday, August 14, 2023, 18:43:28 by RobertT » Logged
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #4721 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 18:46:17 »

One of Clem's major mis-steps in my opinion. Baffling to take on the Women's team when our own house is in disarray.

My understanding is that one of our sponsors has been a major driving force in why the women’s team has been given a push.
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #4722 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 18:47:01 »

Not really - 7million watched the womens QF match. If the women’s team start going through the leagues I could see a future where they are sharing the County Ground with the Mens team. It makes good business sense and it’s good for the community and young girls to have role models in sport. What’s wrong with that?
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #4723 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 18:54:24 »

Not really - 7million watched the womens QF match. If the women’s team start going through the leagues I could see a future where they are sharing the County Ground with the Mens team. It makes good business sense and it’s good for the community and young girls to have role models in sport. What’s wrong with that?

Nothing. As I said, I'm not against it but we hardly had the men's team's house in order did we?

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4724 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 19:09:12 »

think it also paid for Andy Lonergan from Preston in a not too convincing GK loan
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 314 [315] 316 317 318 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: