Pages: 1 ... 311 312 313 [314] 315 316 317 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1250558 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4695 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 15:12:30 »

Rugby doesn't stop the clock when the ball goes out of play, the Referee calls out to stop the clock and restart.  The same could apply.  A ref is the arbiter of whether time needs to stop (subs being obvious, but also if he feels a set piece has taken too long).  They call for a restart, you run the risk of being yellow carded if you do not immediately restart (refs would ensure we are set to go before asking for time back on).
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4696 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 15:15:13 »

Not sure if a lot of the crowd were aware of the new 30 second rule on Saturday judging by the baying going on when Wakeling left the pitch having received treatment.

Still, only one pitch entry by the physio on Saturday and good to see that the Crewe players managed to get through unscathed this time.

Those who would like a stop clock timing system to be introduced, would that be with a view to ensuring 90 mins of ball in play or would there have to be a compromise at say 60 minutes?

I noticed this when Wakeling was not being let on the pitch. A lot of people around me were shouting at the referee/lino and weren't aware of the new rule when I smugly informed everyone they had to wait 30 seconds before being waved on.

I didn't feel so smug when I found out i'd been calling Mceachran Kinsella for most of the game, like a wedge of stilton.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4697 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 15:31:44 »

I noticed this when Wakeling was not being let on the pitch. A lot of people around me were shouting at the referee/lino and weren't aware of the new rule when I smugly informed everyone they had to wait 30 seconds before being waved on.

I didn't feel so smug when I found out i'd been calling Mceachran Kinsella for most of the game, like a wedge of stilton.

I have visions of you stood there, all smug with everyone bowing to your higher knowledge...only for you to go '...oh yeah and that Kinsella lad has settled right in'. Smugness obliterated as some little oik goes '...that's not Kinsella you daft cunt, it's McEach tsk.'  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #4698 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 16:02:53 »

But football won't really change in that regard. Taken them an age to introduce technology and even then the cunts have to moan about it. Funny though, because you don't really see other sports complaining EVERY FUCKING WEEKEND about the technology used.

Hardly surprised people moan, when Bronze gets a booking and gives away a pen, after being pushed and moving her arm away from the ball.  All of which, btw, the ref didn't think was a pen or a booking at the time.

Then we see VAR not overturning the dodgy penalty Japan got.

And sometimes wait minutes for a decision, and once it's given it's not always right. 

I'm very glad we don't suffer that shite in L2.  Football is not better with VAR at all.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #4699 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 16:11:18 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2023/august/swindon-town-fc-launch-new-lottery-for-the-20232024-season/

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #4700 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 16:12:42 »

I have visions of you stood there, all smug with everyone bowing to your higher knowledge...only for you to go '...oh yeah and that Kinsella lad has settled right in'. Smugness obliterated as some little oik goes '...that's not Kinsella you daft cunt, it's McEach tsk.'  Soapy Tit Wank

Ha - To be fair it was maybe a couple of times where I'd clapped and said something like 'good tracking back Kinsella' or other such football cliched nonsense. The people around me were either too polite to correct me or didn't hear Smiley

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4701 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 16:14:53 »

Hardly surprised people moan, when Bronze gets a booking and gives away a pen, after being pushed and moving her arm away from the ball.  All of which, btw, the ref didn't think was a pen or a booking at the time.

Then we see VAR not overturning the dodgy penalty Japan got.

And sometimes wait minutes for a decision, and once it's given it's not always right. 

I'm very glad we don't suffer that shite in L2.  Football is not better with VAR at all.

I keep on saying this though Donkey...it's not the actual VAR tech [or other tech] that is the problem though - it's the fucking idiots using and applying it. They're applying it almost literally in a way that is akin to a Neurodivergent person with extreme hyperfocus. Eg..handball - any way the ball touches the hand regardless of any context.

Where as we actually see conext being used quite well. For example in the cricket. And rugger copes fairly well and that a faster sport than footy. I just don't know why footy has to feel so precious about using technology [and applying it properly]. It's like they aren't applying it properly so folk will go ''ahh fuck this, it's a pile of wank...footy don't need tech''  and it doesn't take many tanked up blokes and a 'wrong' decision to make them decide...I mean, they are going to find adapting to many things difficult anyway

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4702 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 16:24:38 »

Someone smarter than me - what are the odds of guessing a number between 1-45 correctly three times?

Things get better but they never get good
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4703 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 16:25:44 »

85,140/1
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4704 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 16:27:49 »

Fair enough. It’s not for me, but don’t begrudge the club for trying. Can’t imagine it will transform the budget but it’s a nice little extra

Things get better but they never get good
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #4705 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 17:05:45 »

VAR just proves that the people in charge don't actually know what they're watching. Its embarrassing compared to other sports. Whereas sports like Rugby and Cricket just shows a lot of on field mistakes were not seeing it and get to the right conclusion with the video ref.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #4706 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 17:18:32 »

To be fair the club have been honest about needing to generate new revenue streams.

I’m not a fan of this one and think it gives off the wrong image but I’m probably not the target audience of this one and if it helps the club bring in some cash then every little helps.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4707 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 17:31:03 »

VAR just proves that the people in charge don't actually know what they're watching. Its embarrassing compared to other sports. Whereas sports like Rugby and Cricket just shows a lot of on field mistakes were not seeing it and get to the right conclusion with the video ref.

I don't think I even know what the var/offside rule is these days tbh.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4708 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 17:33:26 »

To be fair the club have been honest about needing to generate new revenue streams.

I’m not a fan of this one and think it gives off the wrong image but I’m probably not the target audience of this one and if it helps the club bring in some cash then every little helps.

Is it any worse than the OSC 50/50 draw?
(Hopefully that's not affected.)

Can't see it making much money anyway
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #4709 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 17:35:20 »

I notice it’s to pay for the playing budgets of both the men’s and women’s teams. This will probably come across as sexist but I do hope we aren’t diverting funds that could be spent on the men’s team to help develop the women’s team. The reality is most are only interested in the 1st team and you can’t just force people to support the women’s team because it now operates under the same banner, the reality is most aren’t interested currently. For now I’d rather both have entirely separate funding streams so that there isn’t any perception that we are using funds that could be used to improve the men’s team to prop up the women’s team or vice versa.
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 313 [314] 315 316 317 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: