Pages: 1 ... 305 306 307 [308] 309 310 311 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1254238 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4605 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2023, 09:26:38 »

Don't think there were many available at all, seems like they got snapped up immediately. I was on as soon as they went live and missed out.

Ah the lure of Reynolds and the other bloke, one only has to see the way Wrexham comes up in every thread on here (its getting like 'six degrees of Wrexham') to show how obsessed fans are with them!  Wink Wink Cheesy
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4606 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2023, 09:30:23 »

Think he meant FGR tickets
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #4607 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2023, 09:30:37 »

It's a Ticket Master thing. They usually drip feed tickets through. Best advice is to keep trying.

Straight out of the STFC playbook of lies and deflection  Cheesy

https://www.uknewsgroup.co.uk/ticketmaster-sport-more-than-doubles-premier-league-clients/#:~:text=Brentford%2C%20Crystal%20Palace%2C%20Everton%20and,the%202023%2F2024%20season%20onwards.

I'd hazard a guess Arsenal, Spurs and Everton fans dont have these issues. Like anything, you get what you pay for.

We'll be running the poverty spec
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #4608 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2023, 09:34:37 »

Straight out of the STFC playbook of lies and deflection  Cheesy

https://www.uknewsgroup.co.uk/ticketmaster-sport-more-than-doubles-premier-league-clients/#:~:text=Brentford%2C%20Crystal%20Palace%2C%20Everton%20and,the%202023%2F2024%20season%20onwards.

I'd hazard a guess Arsenal, Spurs and Everton fans dont have these issues. Like anything, you get what you pay for.

We'll be running the poverty spec

Bingo. I’ve no issue with people being Happy Clappers. I wish I was to some extent! But people need to open their eyes to the reality that “customer service” at this club is an abomination out of choice.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4609 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2023, 09:40:14 »

Its the way the world is going, automation and online is the future we will all have to endure, see also railway ticket offices.

How much do the club make on away sales, is it enough to warrant the staff cost of physical sales be they over the phone or in person, likewise I imagine with both FGR and Wrexham we are likley to sell the full allocation via online anyway so I am sure the club won't be lying awake at night worrying about it.

Is it ideal, far from it, is it where we are going, undoubtedly so. 
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #4610 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2023, 09:57:46 »

Bingo. I’ve no issue with people being Happy Clappers. I wish I was to some extent! But people need to open their eyes to the reality that “customer service” at this club is an abomination out of choice.

I'd much prefer to be a happy clapper, it would be a lot easier. I'd also like to live in reality though.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #4611 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2023, 10:00:51 »

FGR and Wrexham both labelled as sold out now
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #4612 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2023, 10:02:33 »

Its the way the world is going, automation and online is the future we will all have to endure, see also railway ticket offices.

How much do the club make on away sales, is it enough to warrant the staff cost of physical sales be they over the phone or in person, likewise I imagine with both FGR and Wrexham we are likley to sell the full allocation via online anyway so I am sure the club won't be lying awake at night worrying about it.

Is it ideal, far from it, is it where we are going, undoubtedly so. 

It is where 'we' (Swindon Town) are going. But that doesn't make it right or change the fact that it is a choice. Is it what fans/customers want? No. Is it cost cutting? Yes.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #4613 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2023, 10:15:51 »

I mean we used to have a shop and a ticket office separate. That is amalgamated in to one now. Just need to actually employ enough people for them to be running efficiently.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4614 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2023, 10:23:30 »

It is where 'we' (Swindon Town) are going. But that doesn't make it right or change the fact that it is a choice. Is it what fans/customers want? No. Is it cost cutting? Yes.

I have no idea whether its what fans want as I have not surveyed the fan base, I suspect any decision will have ben taken upon an understanding of what % of tickets are sold via online v. physical.

Again to invoke the ticket offices argument, I think its a strange idea, but then again if only a small % are sold physically its a choice any business makes, in terms of cost cutting in light of the fact that the owner is net putting money in rather than taking it out anything saved here is available to be spent somewhere else, it's not going in anyone pockets.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4615 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2023, 11:42:11 »

I have no idea whether its what fans want as I have not surveyed the fan base, I suspect any decision will have ben taken upon an understanding of what % of tickets are sold via online v. physical.

Again to invoke the ticket offices argument, I think its a strange idea, but then again if only a small % are sold physically its a choice any business makes, in terms of cost cutting in light of the fact that the owner is net putting money in rather than taking it out anything saved here is available to be spent somewhere else, it's not going in anyone pockets.

I believe the ticket office is actually the shop these days - the phone just rings at the tills when people call for tickets.  So if they are not open for tickets, it likely means they are not open in the shop or down to a single person or something.  It was a bit of a farce the last two times I went in there on trips back - as I've mentioned before, like it was structured to feel like a Bring and Buy Sale.

Anyway, people should try it over here, they would clearly love it.  The Mercedez Benz Stadium is ticketless (all on mobile phones) with those train station style turnstiles - hundreds of them that surround the actual stadium.  Tickets vis Ticketmaster only (although I think an office opens up on the day of the game for queries) and the stadium itself is cashless.  Makes it slick as hell, but I do wonder how the STFC crowd would absorb such modernity.  It's actually quite odd because most things are behind the UK technology wise, especially outside the big Cities.  They've only just started using contactless cards.
DMC

« Reply #4616 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2023, 13:05:56 »

It’s not a Ticketmaster thing to have no staff available, ever, on the phone. It’s the club’s.

We never had these problems in the past.

I am going to go happy clapper now. I love when people go on rants about things like this, the club shop was open at 10am as advertised on their website and all over twitter for the last 6 weeks https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2023/july/opening-hours/

If people are finding old links or whatever that is their fault not the clubs

I was in the shop at 11.05 today and there were 4 members of staff on. They are probably too busy dealing with absolute bellends still asking about Colchester tickets when they bought direct from Colchester

The club can improve in so many areas and even the shop myself i complained recently but hitting them with a stick because someone got the wrong hours is their issue not the clubs surely?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4617 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2023, 13:20:50 »

I was in there this morning about midday. There were 2 fella in there. Spoke to one very helpful fella about my concern - new ST holder but no loyalty points showing on my account which prevented me getting FGR tickets. He looked it up, showed me the account saying 260 loyalty points. Got home checked my account - still no loyalty points showing. Dont understand it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4618 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2023, 13:47:36 »

so you've checked your reference number is showing on your online account matches the one on your season ticket?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #4619 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2023, 13:48:11 »

Its probably one of those duplicate accounts scenarios. Someone at the club should be able to merge them.
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 307 [308] 309 310 311 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: