Pages: 1 ... 285 286 287 [288] 289 290 291 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1254056 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4305 on: Friday, July 21, 2023, 17:48:35 »

The one thing that has nagged away at me is the constant harping on about the work needed on the ground.

Reason?
a) it was not a secret, it was much discussed when Power was refusing to pay for the work to be done to maintain the stadium and the Council kept responding by saying it was Lease Holders responsibility.
b) Clem knew the ground sale was on the cards - when he took over the expectation was the club/he would pay for their half, not that Eady would cover them

So, Clem should have had a way of accessing the funds to buy the ground and purchased the club believing he'd need to dip into it.  If so, and he got gifted the asset, he stands to gain financially (just on that transaction) in the future should he sell his stake.

It baffles me that he didn't have money set aside which could now have been used for the remedial works, knowing that it would pay off in the future (unlike the club ownership which is more risky).

He can choose not to use money for this, that's his choice to make of course.  Just odd that we've been using it as a way of showing why the budgets are tight and claiming it was unexpected.  It's real, but anyone with working eyes could see many of the issues - the Bank, the PA system, the pitch, the seats - these are not new things that are hidden.  It just provides a small undercurrent of an owner that sort of done with the project of investing in the club, looking more like someone working on how they get out above water now they had that gift fall into their lap.

As I say, it's just nagging and all opinion.  It's not fact and it's not keeping me up at night, before someone has a pop about being obsessed with bad things.
« Last Edit: Friday, July 21, 2023, 17:52:45 by RobertT » Logged
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #4306 on: Friday, July 21, 2023, 17:57:09 »

Good post. None of it quite adds up...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4307 on: Friday, July 21, 2023, 18:19:09 »

Before Power cocked up the sale of the club, Clem stated he was willing to pay more than the mythical Abel’s £7m offer. He got it for £212,500. Now, the difference between that and £7m is near enough the amount of debt Clem has personally ‘covered’.

Seems reasonable to assume that has gobbled up whatever funds he had available/willing to put up.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #4308 on: Friday, July 21, 2023, 19:02:22 »

I think it’s fair to say that Clem has put in about as much as he can afford to so far and is now looking at ways to maximise income.

As they are always at pains to point out that any income the club generates is reinvested and Clem isn’t taking any money out, and from what we have seen that does appear to be the case.

What is also obviously true is that we are not going to be able to compete with clubs where the owners are pumping in a million pounds (& more) a season.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4309 on: Friday, July 21, 2023, 20:14:08 »

@Robert T

One thing I can think of is he missed the debenture off his calculations.

I don't know this to be the case, but I do remember Xavier reportedly  wobbling about an extra 2 million debt being found
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4310 on: Friday, July 21, 2023, 20:31:38 »

I mean, it's one of the few things that was obvious from our limited accounts!

I presume he could have believed it was Powers responsibility to pay upon the sale of the club.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #4311 on: Friday, July 21, 2023, 20:35:36 »

@Robert T

One thing I can think of is he missed the debenture off his calculations.

I don't know this to be the case, but I do remember Xavier reportedly  wobbling about an extra 2 million debt being found

Sounded like Jeds found debt form the 50s bollocks that.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4312 on: Friday, July 21, 2023, 21:24:37 »

yeah, I agree it's unlikely to have been missed, but it fits with Robs 'why didn't he put the ground cash aside' question
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #4313 on: Friday, July 21, 2023, 22:11:31 »

I believe it was a cost they didn’t think they had to sort out in the short term, however that changed as it was a condition of the Eady trust releasing the funds that the debentures had to be settled.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #4314 on: Monday, July 24, 2023, 11:30:15 »

It looks like there are now Social Media channels for “The County Ground”, which is presumably part of the plan to monetise it outside of football matches.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #4315 on: Monday, July 24, 2023, 14:39:21 »

Looks like one of the 8 Australian Axis Subsidiaries has entered liquidation (Axis Plumbing NSW). Probably one that the owner should clarify as it's most likely just standard restructuring of the company or creative accounting, but you just know the social media damage that will come from endless speculation and doom until it's clarified.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 24, 2023, 15:12:09 by ThreeDrawsMentality » Logged
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #4316 on: Monday, July 24, 2023, 15:01:38 »

Another to add on a separate note. The first Life of a Kitma live experience has sold out. Good on them
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #4317 on: Monday, July 24, 2023, 15:04:59 »

Might not be a big deal but it hardly seems good that the business has liquidated alongside a summer of a lack of spending. Might not be bad but hardly good news
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #4318 on: Monday, July 24, 2023, 15:09:47 »

Axis is made up of lots of companies. This sort of thing happens all the time in the business world. The account that posted this on twitter gets enormous pleasure out of watching people melt down and squabble.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4319 on: Monday, July 24, 2023, 15:11:25 »

Trust seeking clarification on the matter
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 287 [288] 289 290 291 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: