Pages: 1 ... 281 282 283 [284] 285 286 287 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1253647 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4245 on: Wednesday, July 12, 2023, 13:13:04 »

I suggested, just an opinion, that Axis would get involved now that the Stadium Development is the wide open goal, to use a pun, for Clem to get a return on his investment.  No doubt some of that would be through direct cash from being a contractor on the development, but maybe also in building a portfolio for future work that Axis can use.  They've been a bits and pieces plumbing and electrical provider to Stadia builds up until now.

I have no issue with that, always seemed the logical reason for him to have splashed some cash when Power was here.  Just need to ensure the JV company is on top of it - I imagine they will defer to Clem's knowledge in using Axis as a preferred contractor, but they need to make sure decisions are made for the Stadium's future and not Axis' as the main priority.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #4246 on: Wednesday, July 12, 2023, 13:33:10 »

I suggested, just an opinion, that Axis would get involved now that the Stadium Development is the wide open goal, to use a pun, for Clem to get a return on his investment.  No doubt some of that would be through direct cash from being a contractor on the development, but maybe also in building a portfolio for future work that Axis can use.  They've been a bits and pieces plumbing and electrical provider to Stadia builds up until now.

I have no issue with that, always seemed the logical reason for him to have splashed some cash when Power was here.  Just need to ensure the JV company is on top of it - I imagine they will defer to Clem's knowledge in using Axis as a preferred contractor, but they need to make sure decisions are made for the Stadium's future and not Axis' as the main priority.
Absolutely. If that's how things progress, I'd like to see an independent project manager (i.e. no connection to Axis) who works on behalf of the JV to scrutinise every step of the project.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4247 on: Wednesday, July 12, 2023, 13:43:07 »

Looking at Axis's UK online presence (compared to the Aus one) it doesn't seem to go beyond M&E at this stage so they would have to scale up/change tack to start building things albeit nothing to stop them going into a JV with someone who they will no doubt have worked with previously on larger schemes.

With the best will in the world, from experience, on such big schemes the number of contractors who have the scale and capacity to build such things are very limited, and in the main staffed by staff who just bounce around between them anyway.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4248 on: Wednesday, July 12, 2023, 14:29:56 »

Some of their splurge around their involvement with Wembley and Spurs (I think Wembley was actually the Outlet shops and stuff that has gone up in the past 10 years) made it look like they were angling for bigger things in the UK.  This always looked like their way in to that, acting more as a lead contractor/PM.  No doubt they'd need to use many others to actually get any work done though.
DMC

« Reply #4249 on: Wednesday, July 12, 2023, 14:47:05 »

It's deinetly the next step and the logical one. I know he ssaid he will put the work out to tender still so that's a good start
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4250 on: Wednesday, July 12, 2023, 17:55:08 »

Provided axis quote is competitive with others then what's not to like.

Better Clem make money than others
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #4251 on: Wednesday, July 12, 2023, 18:01:27 »

Well that depends on who is going to quote and the terms of the PQQ if there is one.
DMC

« Reply #4252 on: Wednesday, July 12, 2023, 18:24:31 »

What's a pqq
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #4253 on: Wednesday, July 12, 2023, 18:35:22 »

What's a pqq

Pre quote questionnaire.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4254 on: Wednesday, July 12, 2023, 19:07:54 »

Pre quote questionnaire.
Sorry to be that pedantic cunt but its pre-qualification questionnaire... and they are fucking tedious to complete as a subby!

I suspect if its an Axis weighted pack they wouldn't bother with such a thing anyway.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4255 on: Wednesday, July 12, 2023, 20:24:16 »

Actually, for all the Trust knocking in recent months (warranted) this is an area that their action will be of great benefit in the years to come.

It really does matter who gets the cash - we've seen before that football club owners who control the freehold and development, or even just the entire clubs finances, have a myriad of ways of trousering it.

Not suggesting Clem would - no evidence of anything under hand here.  However, having the JV take ownership means a degree of oversight can be put in place.  It's why I hope they don't just accept Axis' recommendations/plans without being critical - take a look at where that has managed to get Swindon Borough Council with the leisure services.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #4256 on: Wednesday, July 12, 2023, 20:37:40 »

Sorry to be that pedantic cunt but its pre-qualification questionnaire... and they are fucking tedious to complete as a subby!

I suspect if its an Axis weighted pack they wouldn't bother with such a thing anyway.

Yeah you are a pedantic cunt, carry on.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4257 on: Wednesday, July 12, 2023, 20:44:06 »

@robertT

absolutely needs to be checks and balances given the potential conflict of interest. That's just good sense for the JV.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #4258 on: Wednesday, July 12, 2023, 21:40:58 »

Just a thought - Gav’s role must be an absolute luxury at our level. Hopefully suggests that we aren’t running on vapours.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4259 on: Wednesday, July 12, 2023, 21:53:38 »

But we’re all Turning Japanese!
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 283 [284] 285 286 287 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: