Pages: 1 ... 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1253706 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3540 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 15:46:45 »

Zav Austin is sat in a photo that talks about a Swindon Town Football Scholarship.

I genuinely can't believe this is even a debate.
But is he there as an official representative of the club or not?

What ‘talking’ was there
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 15:48:53 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3541 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 15:49:03 »

Nah, he bought a ticket from ticketmaster.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #3542 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 15:52:36 »

The tweet is talking about Swindon Town FFS.

Fucking hell, we are dancing on the head of a pin here.

I have no fucking idea if he slapped his business card down and signed in Rockin Robin's blood but it is a thoroughly shit look for the club, the Advisory board and anyone who thinks this absolute clown show of a club is moving in the right direction.
DMC

« Reply #3543 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 15:53:23 »

Nah, he bought a ticket from ticketmaster.
Via the official supporters club
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 15:56:28 by DMC » Logged
DMC

« Reply #3544 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 15:56:09 »

I have no fucking idea if he slapped his business card down and signed in Rockin Robin's blood but it is a thoroughly shit look for the club, the Advisory board and anyone who thinks this absolute clown show of a club is moving in the right direction.
So what do we do about it then. Agree it is a shit show but apart from say so on forums and Twitter there just aren't enough people who care as much as others. Rightly or wrongly ( The latter) If there are around 100 people complaining on forums and social media and over 9k still turning up weekly why will they listen?

It's no good telling us or the odd person who disagrees what else can be done
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3545 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 15:57:07 »

The Tweet that has only emerged as a member of the Lords wants to show that he is doing something?

I see Chevening has neither tweeted about it or even retweeted this tweet #shambles.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3546 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 15:58:39 »

So what do we do about it then. Agree it is a shit show but apart from say so on forums and Twitter there just aren't enough people who care as much as others. Rightly or wrongly ( The latter) If there are around 100 people complaining on forums and social media and over 9k still turning up weekly why will they listen?

If only there were a fans forum coming up where those vociferous online could go along and ask questions, and one would assume follow up questions, and see the whites of the eyes of those answering them.

Can't come quickly enough!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3547 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 15:59:39 »

Who knows, doing a little bit more reading round the things https://study-uk.britishcouncil.org/scholarships-funding/chevening-scholarships it appears that successful applicants are chosen at the relevant Embassy or High Commission level so not sure how Austin can influence that (at least initially), plus they tend to be for more academic things so no idea how the club can angle that unless its a MA in being shite at football?

I wouldn't put much faith in the "process" on the Pakistan side, as I say, it's a notorious location for creative thinking when it comes to the immigration world.  There is so much money to be made on the applicants side.  I'm not saying this is anyway shape or form a problem for STFC, but it's pretty clear how Zav makes money here.  Karachi FC isn't even a real football club.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #3548 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 15:59:48 »

It has been a hot topic. Felt it was worth sharing. Seems to have generated some debate, however tedious in parts!

I'm not 'telling' anyone anything. "Something must be done!"  

There are plenty of ways to do that. We have a well functioning Advisory Board that answer any question for example.  Pint
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3549 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 16:03:03 »

I think the impact to sales on season tickets has already started a shift in focus.  Shit like this does not help season ticket sales, on that we can likely all agree.  In which case, why the fuck are we still involved and supporting it?  Fuck what Zav gets from it, why are we investing time and effort into this idea?  It is not going to support revenue unless we have also identified a way of adding massive mark-ups to the cost of running a course.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #3550 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 16:06:14 »

I think the impact to sales on season tickets has already started a shift in focus.  Shit like this does not help season ticket sales, on that we can likely all agree.  In which case, why the fuck are we still involved and supporting it?  Fuck what Zav gets from it, why are we investing time and effort into this idea?  It is not going to support revenue unless we have also identified a way of adding massive mark-ups to the cost of running a course.

This is a big part of the issue. Same as fiddling about with Doughty and sustainability, taking on the Women's team etc. All perfectly laudable if your club is motoring along like a finely tuned Rolls Royce.

We can't feed the team at the training ground.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #3551 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 16:19:55 »

Almost comedy that we have someone banging the drum for sustainability, yet also have a volunteer driving to Calne with lunches every day. I do hope they are vetting the volunteers to ensure they have electric cars  Cheesy
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3552 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 16:22:19 »

In all fairness, you'd hope the club reps were primed for a grilling at the Fans Forum - what else would they expect from the first one after our worst or second worst finish in Div 4?  Fuck, if people can't have a little whine then, when would they?
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 17:44:19 by RobertT » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3553 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 17:44:06 »

If only there were a fans forum coming up *where those vociferous online could go along and ask questions, and one would assume follow up questions, and see the whites of the eyes of those answering them.

Can't come quickly enough!

*where fans can sit quietly, nods their head and look down at their shoes then moan about everything behind a screen name on the internet as soon as they get home
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #3554 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 20:38:20 »

I see the Trust are nibbling.

https://twitter.com/TrustSTFC/status/1654218147736461312

What reason can there be for them never (to my memory) saying anything publicly on Austin other than a very early holding statement?

Interestingly the wording of that was "we have yet to meet Zavier Austin and do not know if these stories are accurate - we are seeking clarity. We at @TrustSTFC will be looking to meet Mr Austin if approved by the EFL and appointed as director."

So on that basis...have they never met him?!
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: