Pages: 1 ... 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1253895 times)
DMC

« Reply #3495 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 14:36:38 »

I am genuinely not being obtuse but what is he signing and doing? Is this not some sort of nonsense agreement they have sorted with other companies and tey are saying that they have been doing it with us already, didn't we know that?

Honestly i am not arguing genuinely don't know what the fuck the story actually means
DMC

« Reply #3496 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 14:37:05 »

Surely a ‘match day guest’ shouldn’t have the ability to do this?
But what is he signing? Is this something new?
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #3497 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 14:38:19 »

I am genuinely not being obtuse but what is he signing and doing? Is this not some sort of nonsense agreement they have sorted with other companies and tey are saying that they have been doing it with us already, didn't we know that?

Honestly i am not arguing genuinely don't know what the fuck the story actually means

Hes there representing the football club. It means we're consistently lied to and the Supporters groups are turning a blind eye.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #3498 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 14:38:54 »

While you can assume, we cannot be sure he is there to sign on behalf of STFC the business entity.  He could well be there as an intermediary.

He is clearly representing STFC in the Foreign Office, which given the last Advisory Board relegated him to the status of Matchday Guest, is ridiculous. I'm ashamed that this bloke is walking the corridors of power in the name of our club.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3499 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 14:39:12 »

The UK Govt and an Org that funds scholarships signing a Memorandum of Understanding for a STFC based "course"  This will enable students from Pakistan to apply for and be granted funding to come over here with STFC as the provider and Chevening funneling the Govt money to cover it.

He absolutely should not be there in an STFC official capacity.

I would hope he is not - I hope he is there for his own personal interest.

I still think it's a crock of shit.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #3500 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 14:39:25 »

Hes there representing the football club. It means we're consistently lied to and the Supporters groups are turning a blind eye.

Nail, meet Head.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #3501 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 14:40:52 »

But what is he signing? Is this something new?

I think the fact he is even there representing the club goes back on everything the advisory board notes said. Regardless of whether he is signing anything personally.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3502 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 14:41:28 »

I don't think he is signing anything.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3503 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 14:41:32 »

Hmm. Can't help but think that photo will not help the club explain to the FA that he is not a person of significant control. Or the same to the fans.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #3504 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 14:41:53 »

The wording of the tweet from the UK Government Minister is "Delighted today to sign a MoU for a Chevening Swindon Town Football Scholarship." And there is our boy sat in the middle.

If you think he is there under his own steam then I give up.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3505 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 14:43:02 »

The wording of the tweet from the UK Government Minister is "Delighted today to sign a MoU for a Chevening Swindon Town Football Scholarship." And there is our boy sat in the middle.

If you think he is there under his own steam then I give up.

My point, which is narrow, is that I do not think STFC has anything to sign in this specific bit of legal work.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #3506 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 14:43:51 »

My point, which is narrow, is that I do not think STFC has anything to sign in this specific bit of legal work.

In which case, why is he there? Or is he a Document Signing Guest at the FCDO too?!
DMC

« Reply #3507 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 14:44:06 »

I think the fact he is even there representing the club goes back on everything the advisory board notes said. Regardless of whether he is signing anything personally.
Agree he shouldn't be anywhere near the club but we have known about this Karachi thing since day one and he was always going to still be involved. It fucking stinks

I thought it was something new that  was my confusion
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #3508 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 14:45:39 »

Agree he shouldn't be anywhere near the club but we have known about this Karachi thing since day one and he was always going to still be involved. It fucking stinks

I thought it was something new that  was my confusion

It is new. This is him, today as far as we can tell, in the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office on Whitehall sat with a Government minister.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3509 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 14:47:24 »

In which case, why is he there? Or is he a Document Signing Guest at the FCDO too?!

That bit is the open question that should indeed be served to the club.

My reading of this - this is the Govt and Chevening signing a MoU which enables the Govt to send funds to Chevening for a course that STFC will be the provider of.  Chevening would then have an agreement with STFC after this, which enables us to get paid by Chevening rather than the student.  I still think Zav gets paid like an agent in this deal, likely by the Pakistan side.  I very much doubt the least well off player in Pakistan is chosen to receive this Scholarship.

Why Zav is in that meeting, could well be just as a personal rep of himself as the agent who set the whole thing in motion.  If as a rep of STFC, then even if not doing anything official, it's a shit look.

Either way, I am not disagreeing that him being there looks bad when our name is mentioned, and the whole thing itself is fucking waste of our clubs time.
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: