Pages: 1 ... 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1253689 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3405 on: Saturday, April 29, 2023, 12:42:53 »

Lead to believe the remit next season is to build a much more experienced and solid side, which is a start. Unsure how competitive the budget will actually be.

Next seasons remit is to make Jody Morris smile.
A tough ask.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3406 on: Saturday, April 29, 2023, 12:51:07 »

The reality is that the best football address book at the club belongs to Morris. Stick him in charge of recruitment and he has a good calibre #2 to assist him with the first team.
Sounds like the new DoF might be more of a “football operations” type role.

The madness of Sandro was making him ruler of everything touched by the sun. As a “head of recruitment analysis” he’d have been much less contentious.

I’d be very intrigued to see his address book.
Terry (out of work I think)
Lampard (soon to be out of work)
Chelsea kids

…no doubt there is probably a lot more. Anyone else we know he’s played with / coached with currently employed somewhere.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #3407 on: Saturday, April 29, 2023, 12:56:44 »

I’d be very intrigued to see his address book.
Lampard (soon to be out of work)
Chelsea kids

…no doubt there is probably a lot more. Anyone else we know he’s played with / coached with currently employed somewhere.

Is your professional address book only people who you have been employed together with at the same companies at the same time?

Are you familiar with the concept of knowing someone who knows someone?

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3408 on: Saturday, April 29, 2023, 13:05:18 »

Is your professional address book only people who you have been employed together with at the same companies at the same time?

Are you familiar with the concept of knowing someone who knows someone?

Yes, that wasn’t what I asked though was it.
I just wondered if anyone had other possible suggestions other than the obvious ones (which I pointed out)
DMC

« Reply #3409 on: Saturday, April 29, 2023, 14:08:33 »

I would be more than happy wit Russell. Knows football for a start, if it is him or an internal it will be with the managers say so though so thats a good start
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #3410 on: Saturday, April 29, 2023, 14:20:32 »

Yes, that wasn’t what I asked though was it.
I just wondered if anyone had other possible suggestions other than the obvious ones (which I pointed out)

Sorry if my sarcasm detector is off. You seemed to be suggesting that Terry and Lampard and a load of Chelsea kids would be the only people he knew.

I was just suggesting that he's more likely to be able to get on the blower to Pep et al for a youth teamer on loan than the SkyBet intern having actually played against the bloke and got his shirt back in the day.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3411 on: Saturday, April 29, 2023, 14:22:24 »

Sorry if my sarcasm detector is off. You seemed to be suggesting that Terry and Lampard and a load of Chelsea kids would be the only people he knew.

I was just suggesting that he's more likely to be able to get on the blower to Pep et al for a youth teamer on loan than the SkyBet intern having actually played against the bloke and got his shirt back in the day.

No, I was just suggesting they were the obvious publicly well know close contacts of Morris. Wondered if there was anyone else / any other club we could find links with
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #3412 on: Saturday, April 29, 2023, 14:29:15 »

No, I was just suggesting they were the obvious publicly well know close contacts of Morris. Wondered if there was anyone else / any other club we could find links with

I guess there will be loads of connections that only a mega spotter might know. For example I think Brewitt came to us because the Rangers Manager Michael Beale had been Brewitt's Liverpool Academy coach after spending a decade at Cobham just before Morris got back there.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3413 on: Saturday, April 29, 2023, 14:37:11 »

Where’s this Sandro gone come from
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #3414 on: Saturday, April 29, 2023, 14:50:01 »

Where’s this Sandro gone come from

Seems the world and his wife are ITK!
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #3415 on: Saturday, April 29, 2023, 15:06:35 »

“JT” has just got a job as part Dean Smith’s team at Leicester
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #3416 on: Saturday, April 29, 2023, 16:08:30 »

Clem has not delivered this season that’s for sure

Seems to me to be Power in disguise everything done on the cheap - we just seem to be a feeder club developing kids for other clubs. Not good enough to get out of a physical division as so many times this year been men against boys

Won’t sell season tickets without major wholesale changes - and yes I include jettisoning Morris in that- he is too much of a gamble and won’t in my view get us promoted
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #3417 on: Saturday, April 29, 2023, 16:15:50 »

It’s good that Ralph is finally out of the door, but I would assume this is a joke as that would really be the cheapest of cheapest options and no offence to Peacock but I’ve never seen him as a DoF type.

I love Anthony, he's a character!
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #3418 on: Saturday, April 29, 2023, 16:30:20 »

I love Anthony, he's a character!

Everything under Clem will always be the cheap option they don’t even hire staff for operational roles all on the cheap
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #3419 on: Sunday, April 30, 2023, 12:02:59 »

If it is indeed true, I wonder if the club gets the Sandro news out before the Crawley game…?

Not a great look if that one turns toxic. Get the comms done now.
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: