Pages: 1 ... 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1247589 times)
DMC

« Reply #3165 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 16:15:03 »

I know it's easy for me to sit here and say things but maybe it's just all had to be done. I am fairly sure Zav etc would not have agreed to help Clem get the club as Clem said already publicly for no reason. 

I think we have a huge summer coming up and i will be amazed if there aren't big changes but it's hard for me as people will think i am biased but i think we just need to see how it plays out
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3166 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 16:17:03 »

Even if we disagree with you the only thing we can do is wait for it to all play out.

And chat shit in the meantime
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #3167 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 16:19:51 »

I know it's easy for me to sit here and say things but maybe it's just all had to be done. I am fairly sure Zav etc would not have agreed to help Clem get the club as Clem said already publicly for no reason. 

I think we have a huge summer coming up and i will be amazed if there aren't big changes but it's hard for me as people will think i am biased but i think we just need to see how it plays out

Clems always openly said that Zav is the reason he's at this club tbf
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3168 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 16:22:46 »

Oh dear. Although I think that's not so much "small print" as "main print".
Drops them out of the POs.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3169 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 16:23:59 »

Suspended sentence
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #3170 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 16:25:47 »

It’s suspended until December so won’t have any impact this season
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #3171 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 17:35:21 »

Austin was appointed on 13th August 2021, which is when Clem claimed he would be applying to the EFL:

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2021/august/club-statement---zavier-austin/

Here we are 20 months later with absolutely zero answers as to whether that has been successful, and he has been scrubbed from the Club directory. It is beyond farce, and frankly if the EFL were all over this and we lost 3 points this season it might send us down!

The risk vs reward balance on Austin is way out of whack to the casual observer, regardless of services rendered.

It is a great shame that the Adver don't seem to ask questions anymore. The only journalist around the club is Chris Hull who is in their pocket to an embarrassing extent (he's literally on the payroll), filming puff pieces with Zav out in Karachi!

Here's hoping the latest AB sheds some light.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #3172 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 17:38:45 »

I'm no expert but do FOI's extend to organisations such as the EFL. In the sense that if a supporter were to reach out to them would they be legally obliged to confirm whether ZA passed the F & PPT test or not?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #3173 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 17:39:49 »

I suspect FOI only extends to publicly funded bodies.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #3174 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 18:48:09 »

This may have been answered before, so sorry if I’m repeating old questions.

Are vice chairman required to take the fit and proper test?

If so, what were the findings on Zav?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3175 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 19:05:08 »

Anyone with executive level decision making within the club needs top pass the test - a Vice Chair would usually have voting rights at Board meetings and be able to make decisions in the absence of the Chair.  It would be a tough sell to say they are not an executive of the club.

The fact we submitted a request to the EFL would suggest we knew as much as well.

I think the answer is a fuzzy version of - we submitted it and they didn't say yes he is OK to work in that role.  Until cleared, the person is not supposed to fulfill the duties of the role.

That mostly supposition though, it could be they can make a good legal argument for his role being nothing more than note taking.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #3176 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 19:31:20 »

Seriously, maybe I’m missing something here but I don’t know why there is so much mileage on the current subject of personnel at the club. There’s fuck all anyone can do other than refuse to go and pay money. If there is or has been wrong doing at the club then I’m sure the EFL will find them out and we’ll get punished. I mean what has changed over the years regarding STFC?

I don’t mean the authorities having it in for us because we’re STFC innit! What’s been announced today shows that other clubs have been punished for wrong doing.

So it is down to Clem and everyone else to be bloody squeaky clean because a) we’re already under investigation from the Pee Lower era b) giving the authorities something else to spank us with is just gross stupidity c) the fans will just say fuck off, same shit, different owners and vote with their wallets.

At least the Eady dosh seems protected against any nare do Wells if the shit hits the fans.

I agree that it would seem the club have not been, I don’t know, entirely transparent? 100% up front?

As it stands there is no-one else riding towards SN1 on a white ‘orse in shining armour with an unlimited chest of clean money to rescue little old poor lowley swindon.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3177 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 20:21:03 »

Its also extremely annoying how long this FA case over the ownership of the club (Power/Standing) has dragged on for. Its ridiculous. Clem been owner for nearly 2 years and there is no movement on it
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #3178 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 22:14:16 »

Its also extremely annoying how long this FA case over the ownership of the club (Power/Standing) has dragged on for. Its ridiculous. Clem been owner for nearly 2 years and there is no movement on it

Maybe there is a back log of misdemeanours for the authorities to Wade through we’ll just have to wait for the grim repeater to dish out summary justice in due course.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3179 on: Thursday, April 13, 2023, 03:13:10 »

Are the FA not waiting on the outcome of their court case?
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: