Pages: 1 ... 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1252454 times)
DMC

« Reply #2775 on: Monday, February 27, 2023, 17:20:52 »

There is backlash to any negativity, constantly.

The term happy clapper wasn't born irrationally. I've said it before but I truly do think a lot of our blind support no matter what fanbase have a bad case of toxic positivity. Sometimes things are not right and you can question them and sometimes thinks are fucking shit and its ok to say they're fucking shit out loud and not pretend otherwise.

I still see people across socials completely unironically telling people off for being negative because 'Clem saved the club/we still have a club' despite it being a total meme for how long now? A year? More?
No one supports this though surely? I always say it, there's a fine line smf works both ways. I've posted that I don't agree with it and also posted that because of the way I think things are behind the scenes I won't be renewing my season ticket until things change, yet the minute someone like me defends something I'm a happy clapper.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2776 on: Monday, February 27, 2023, 17:22:31 »

Yeah, you fucking happy clapper.  About time some others got a good tar and feathering.
DMC

« Reply #2777 on: Monday, February 27, 2023, 17:26:16 »

I can't be fucked with it all anymore to be honest Rob Cheesy Everyday is just negative, from staff and fans tbh. I've not enjoyed this season 1 bit, from the moment we employed Lindsey

Club have shot themselves in the foot hugely this season and unless they make huge changes in the next few weeks season tickets will drop.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #2778 on: Monday, February 27, 2023, 17:29:32 »

No one supports this though surely? I always say it, there's a fine line smf works both ways. I've posted that I don't agree with it and also posted that because of the way I think things are behind the scenes I won't be renewing my season ticket until things change, yet the minute someone like me defends something I'm a happy clapper.

It absolutely goes both ways. I seem to have been categorised as a negative mong for being negative about things that have proven to be right like Scott Lindsey being the wrong appointment and wanting him out. Even when I'm commenting on certain positives at the same time.
DMC

« Reply #2779 on: Monday, February 27, 2023, 17:55:33 »

It absolutely goes both ways. I seem to have been categorised as a negative mong for being negative about things that have proven to be right like Scott Lindsey being the wrong appointment and wanting him out. Even when I'm commenting on certain positives at the same time.
Yeah it's mad isn't it really, you are a miserable cunt but not negative constantly  Smiley
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #2780 on: Monday, February 27, 2023, 18:08:23 »

………..Everyday is just negative, from staff and fans tbh. I've not enjoyed this season 1 bit, from the moment we employed Lindsey

Club have shot themselves in the foot hugely this season and unless they make huge changes in the next few weeks season tickets will drop.

Totally agree.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #2781 on: Monday, February 27, 2023, 18:17:39 »

I can't be fucked with it all anymore to be honest Rob Cheesy Everyday is just negative, from staff and fans tbh. I've not enjoyed this season 1 bit, from the moment we employed Lindsey

Epic bollock dropped to lose loads of positive feeling.

Its started to go to rat shit with SL being appointed and being told it was the obvious choice...i felt mugged off before we even kicked a ball.

Clems Army!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2782 on: Monday, February 27, 2023, 18:32:45 »

I never really expressed much of an opinion on SL - didn't really know whether he was a good fit or not being so far away.  We certainly looked average under him, but my hunch was the squad itself was partly to blame for that.  It looked like he'd just tried to sort of maintain the Garner ways, which I could understand, but it never looked like we were trying anything different.  I did however chuckle a little seeing the stats from the Crawley game this weekend.  They had something like 67% possession yet conceded 5 goals and 20 shots against!  That is impressively soft.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #2783 on: Monday, February 27, 2023, 19:06:26 »

Regardless of what anyone on here thinks… replies and quote tweets are all of the same nature it seems, be interesting to see how the super fan panel discusses it tonight.

It’s just not great timing is it, season tickets announcements is gonna be another shit storm.

https://twitter.com/official_stfc/status/1630156438948413441?s=46&t=G_tsf08F-FlPm1R7Gvs4jA
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2784 on: Monday, February 27, 2023, 19:42:11 »

I really don't see how anyone can think Season Tickets remain the same price anyway.  The cost of everything has gone up, so even if we spent money badly on shit players, we still spent it and the floodlights are probably now twice as much to run.

Certainly not going to be able to pay for lunch delivery.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #2785 on: Monday, February 27, 2023, 20:30:26 »

I really don't see how anyone can think Season Tickets remain the same price anyway.  The cost of everything has gone up, so even if we spent money badly on shit players, we still spent it and the floodlights are probably now twice as much to run.

Our STs are pretty punchy as it is, had a quick look earlier and there are a number of Championship clubs charging considerably less.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #2786 on: Monday, February 27, 2023, 21:19:52 »

Like I said Saturday, they are likely to break through a psychological barrier this time round and break £400 for renewals and that could have a big impact. £400 sounds much worst than £370 even if it’s only £30. They are going to need to balance the money a cost increase will bring in with how many it will scare off, I think that will be a difficult balance this time.

This will be compounded further if they don’t have a credit card payment option this time round that’s going to a major issue. Not many people will have £100’s lying around in their bank accounts to transfer or pay cash and not every one likes or will get accepted for the finance option. I certainly won’t be renewing both mine and the other half’s if there is still no credit card option.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #2787 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2023, 00:18:16 »

Our STs are pretty punchy as it is, had a quick look earlier and there are a number of Championship clubs charging considerably less.

They are actually £7 less than the average for league 2, however they did go up 17% last year as costs have gone up.  A massive rise isn't going to be welcomed by anyone.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #2788 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2023, 00:22:01 »

Like I said Saturday, they are likely to break through a psychological barrier this time round and break £400 for renewals and that could have a big impact. £400 sounds much worst than £370 even if it’s only £30. They are going to need to balance the money a cost increase will bring in with how many it will scare off, I think that will be a difficult balance this time.

This will be compounded further if they don’t have a credit card payment option this time round that’s going to a major issue. Not many people will have £100’s lying around in their bank accounts to transfer or pay cash and not every one likes or will get accepted for the finance option. I certainly won’t be renewing both mine and the other half’s if there is still no credit card option.

I thought they sorted the debit/credit card issue out, I might be wrong though.  It is a pain not having that.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #2789 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2023, 07:47:44 »

Maybe the club needs a new admin volunteer to take the socials login after 10pm

I think part of the reason for the uproar of this is being a bit of a straw that broke the camels back situation. There is *so* much scrimping on non playing functions - wanting senior medical professionals on an NHS starter wage, this media thing, wanting people to clean the stands or drive food out to calne for free. It all just looks and feels so tinpot - and it’s bizarre because there has been clear investment in other areas that these costs would be a drop in the ocean in comparison

Not my quote, but agree with the sentiment - Swindon Town should be acting like the club at the level they want to be, not where they are. The fact that other league two clubs without a pot to piss in run themseleves on volunteers shouldn’t be a reason that we see it as acceptable to do similar. And if it does, then it’s just deflating. Because what happens if/when we do get promoted, and are up against clubs that run themselves professionally?

Every time we’ve been in league two in my lifetime, it’s felt like we’ve been temporarily misplaced, even in the flitcroft/brown years. If we start acting and dressing like a poor league two side then that doesn’t feel so temporary. And it may well be the reality of the situation calls for that - but that doesn’t make it any less upsetting

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: