Pages: 1 ... 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1252366 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #2745 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 18:58:31 »

Will Brand's loan expire before he's appointed?

Better put that to the Advisory Board meeting, since they don't ignore any serious questions... Girl Giggle

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2746 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 19:04:58 »

From the club statement it's not even clear it's the clubs fault.

Just frustrating to still be here
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #2747 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 19:31:07 »

From the club statement it's not even clear it's the clubs fault.

Just frustrating to still be here

Defo this mate.

It's still an odd one for me really and does bring into question things like commitment. So long as Morris is happy (I have my doubts that he's not completely happy, poss not everything he was promised has been honoured), then that's all that matters mostly.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #2748 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 19:46:45 »

Better put that to the Advisory Board meeting, since they don't ignore any serious questions... Girl Giggle
If that's the case the question on Adam Hart as one example would not have been answered or some of the serious questions also put forward by the OSC in the most recent AB, but they were.. Club have never not answered a question to date, so think that's a bit unfair.. Just my opinion naturally. Any questions we receive at the Trust we also ask and have been included in the AB minutes. As I said just my opinion. If you send me or the Trust anything i will ask it.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #2749 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 19:55:39 »

If that's the case the question on Adam Hart as one example would not have been answered or some of the serious questions also put forward by the OSC in the most recent AB, but they were.. Club have never not answered a question to date, so think that's a bit unfair.. Just my opinion naturally. Any questions we receive at the Trust we also ask and have been included in the AB minutes. As I said just my opinion. If you send me or the Trust anything i will ask it.

Can you ask what has happened with the Zav Austin fit and proper person? It has been brought up many a time but doesn’t seem to get asked.
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #2750 on: Friday, February 24, 2023, 21:28:29 »

Certainly will ask again next month.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2751 on: Monday, February 27, 2023, 11:02:49 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2023/february/town-look-to-add-aspiring-creatives-to-media-team/?fbclid=IwAR1GRmigpkifn_JyvqUj3Rx_OG7w2fR_dMN_hHDzPJSsWgQfyODIbJddyV4

"Opportunities" for volunteers to help the media team. Unpaid of course, plus you have to use your own car and equipment!

More and more this is the way of things, we're certainly not alone in going down this route, but it leaves a bad taste. This expectation for creative careers that you have to work for free for a significant period to "gain experience" is such bollocks.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #2752 on: Monday, February 27, 2023, 11:06:02 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2023/february/town-look-to-add-aspiring-creatives-to-media-team/?fbclid=IwAR1GRmigpkifn_JyvqUj3Rx_OG7w2fR_dMN_hHDzPJSsWgQfyODIbJddyV4

"Opportunities" for volunteers to help the media team. Unpaid of course, plus you have to use your own car and equipment!

More and more this is the way of things, we're certainly not alone in going down this route, but it leaves a bad taste. This expectation for creative careers that you have to work for free for a significant period to "gain experience" is such bollocks.

Slightly different but my Wife used to volunteer at the local Sue Ryder shop once a week, but gave it up when a new manager came in and got a bit arsey when she wouldn't spend more time there being unpaid, so now she doesn't go at all.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2753 on: Monday, February 27, 2023, 11:18:16 »

Unpaid Interns are nothing new in many careers. As long as the company doesn’t take the piss regarding length of unpaid work and have a reasonable chance of a job at the end of it.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #2754 on: Monday, February 27, 2023, 12:51:59 »

But there isnt a chance of a job at the end of it is there?

Trying to do stuff on the freebie all the time, like asking whether someone would volunteer to take player lunches to training for them
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2755 on: Monday, February 27, 2023, 12:56:51 »

it might be useful for a portfolio to take when applying for other jobs.

Gives an opportunity to practice skills too.

But I wouldn't be committing to anything  length wise under those circumstances.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #2756 on: Monday, February 27, 2023, 13:03:23 »

Perhaps they can ask someone to be volunteer assistant manager seeing as this Ed Brand shambles still hasnt been sorted out
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #2757 on: Monday, February 27, 2023, 13:07:25 »

Perhaps they can ask someone to be volunteer assistant manager seeing as this Ed Brand shambles still hasnt been sorted out

Thing is, Brand is basically doing the job right? He is there in training, he sits in the stands on match day and has the comms with Mildenhall. So outside of being on the bench during the game, i'm not sure what we are missing.

Would still be good for it to be sorted.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #2758 on: Monday, February 27, 2023, 14:18:23 »

Not a great look is it, be interested on the Trusts view here?

Strikes me that the club expect goodwill from the fans, but in turn are happy to sh1t on said fans at every opportunity to squeeze every single penny.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #2759 on: Monday, February 27, 2023, 14:32:24 »

I don't have a problem with it unless its taking the piss and becomes an expectation that you will turn up and do stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: