Pages: 1 ... 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1253681 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #2595 on: Thursday, February 16, 2023, 14:09:21 »

Jody Morris on Ed Brand:

I have been told so many times it will be done today. It is a collective blame. We are trying to cover our end, but there are areas that need to be looked into and might not be the priority for some. I wish I had better information, but I don't know if anyone does
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #2596 on: Thursday, February 16, 2023, 14:09:40 »

He’s getting pissed off isnt he.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #2597 on: Thursday, February 16, 2023, 14:30:05 »

He’s getting pissed off isnt he.

Very much so, seems rather amateurish from our side......
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2598 on: Thursday, February 16, 2023, 14:35:25 »

Yet Clayton mentions Brand in the training sessions so he is obviously getting some input.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #2599 on: Thursday, February 16, 2023, 14:40:39 »

Yet Clayton mentions Brand in the training sessions so he is obviously getting some input.

He’s been on the training pitch ever since Morris was announced.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #2600 on: Thursday, February 16, 2023, 14:44:35 »

Very much so, seems rather amateurish from Chelsea's side......

Sorted that one for you. Wink

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2601 on: Thursday, February 16, 2023, 15:22:50 »

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/im-passionate-meet-the-cashed-up-sydney-plumber-who-bought-swindon-town-590999

He kind of alludes to a potential 5/10 year plan here which will delight the million dollar man.

The Aussie development thing had been hinted at before I think and is probably a decent idea BUT, just like this focus on rough diamonds, we really need to invest in the infrastructure at the club first - both soft and hard - people and processes plus actual facilities.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #2602 on: Thursday, February 16, 2023, 15:39:40 »

Clayton:

I think it has been good. He's probably up there with one of the best coaches I have worked with, him and Ed. We are still possession based, but he wants some different things that might take time.

The intensity was the big one for me, maybe coming back from injury made that harder. The transitions and winning the ball back has been the big one.

I did say recently that the players were unfit when Morris arrived and we were likely to be poor to begin with but improve once fitness improved.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #2603 on: Thursday, February 16, 2023, 15:57:46 »

Clayton:

I think it has been good. He's probably up there with one of the best coaches I have worked with, him and Ed. We are still possession based, but he wants some different things that might take time.

The intensity was the big one for me, maybe coming back from injury made that harder. The transitions and winning the ball back has been the big one.

I did say recently that the players were unfit when Morris arrived and we were likely to be poor to begin with but improve once fitness improved.
But we played with fatigue in preseason and Lindsey said it would make us the fittest team in the league. 
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #2604 on: Thursday, February 16, 2023, 16:23:27 »

The Aussie development thing had been hinted at before I think and is probably a decent idea BUT, just like this focus on rough diamonds, we really need to invest in the infrastructure at the club first - both soft and hard - people and processes plus actual facilities.

Hopefully Morris will have a word or two to say about the training facilities etc given his background.
Would have expected the same from Artell as well had he been appointed.

Will be interesting to see if there are plans for a dedicated training centre long term, or just a case of sticking plasters for Calne & concentrate on the CG.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #2605 on: Thursday, February 16, 2023, 16:26:54 »

But we played with fatigue in preseason and Lindsey said it would make us the fittest team in the league. 

Lindsey definitely took that one straight out of ''Flitcroft's 1001 Things About Microwaves''. Whilst i'm desperately anticipating the release of ''Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Box Entries'' by SL - Football Manager.

Plus there's a fantastic fictional novel soon to hit the sporting ''Great Reads'' shelf in Waterfordstones next month - ''Power Out is a compelling story of a once heroic chairman and saviour of a clutch of football clubs who gets hounded out of each one to only then play victim as a battle for ownership ensues''. Literary masters commented:

''This is what football is about, we didn't get on. I'm an entrepreneur by the way'' - Callum Muller Rice
''I let bygones be bygones. Best story ever, I'll buy everyone a pint it's so fakkin rawwrrr'' - Jedd McCroaryy
''I was the manager. No actually, I was just doing a favour...great read'' - Tim Sherwould
''One of the most interesting people I've happily bought dinner for'' - Shawwwwn Hodgetts
''I worked there briefly. He was so hard done by. Can't really remember my role though'' - Zangeetah Shah
''A knockout tale of a man's struggle to run a club. We've got copies translated into Urdu'' - Zav/Xav Austen

Get your copy of ''Power Out - One Man's Struggle '' pre-ordered before it sells out on April 1st...  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #2606 on: Thursday, February 16, 2023, 16:45:40 »

Running your nurs off in preseason makes you fitter, just ask anyone that played under Macari
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #2607 on: Thursday, February 16, 2023, 20:56:01 »

Running your nurs off in preseason makes you fitter, just ask anyone that played under Macari
We’re clearly not very fit though, it’s shown in countless matches this season and Morris keeps mentioning it. Lindsey was clearly just talking nonsense to try and mask a shambolic preseason.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #2608 on: Thursday, February 16, 2023, 22:46:29 »

We’re clearly not very fit though, it’s shown in countless matches this season and Morris keeps mentioning it. Lindsey was clearly just talking nonsense to try and mask a shambolic preseason.

Absolutely, I was agreeing that he got it wrong.
The first week of training should be running, running & more running
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #2609 on: Thursday, February 16, 2023, 23:25:40 »

The red flags were there pre season when Lindsey  said how important it was to get a winning culture going...
We could not even achieve that ... Simply put SL was full of crap.  Nice guy possibly Full of BS definitely.
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: