Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Crewe pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 72830 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Saturday, January 11, 2020, 16:50:06 »

A really pleasing win, with a huge number of excuses ready to go we've gone and won anyway against the team in third. Magnificent
Flashheart

« Reply #346 on: Saturday, January 11, 2020, 16:50:20 »

FUCK YEAH!!!!
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Saturday, January 11, 2020, 16:50:27 »

Not quite as good as the Plymouth result,  but a close second.  With all the players out, a great result.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Saturday, January 11, 2020, 16:50:40 »

Just wondering if Bowyer has either lost the plot or got very desperate. He started with Doyle & Vaughan, some 30+ goals between them. Brought on Oteh (granted he scored) but also brought on McCarten. Are they playing 4-2-4 now? Smacks of desperation.

If you can't get Doyle scoring then you never will. He looks like a kipper has slapped him in the willy.

Fantastic result for Town and considering we are a one man team...goals from each position all over the park (LB, CM, ST) and two were absolute beauties...that's not bad going. Bradford only managed one goal with an on loan player they were saying they should send back. Hmmm I hope Fordy & MitchelWeb (or whatever) are watching.

Exeter keep up the pressure but that's good. Yet we are 9 (nine) pts clear of 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th. We're 11 (eleven) pts clear of 8th.

Oh and Mansfield just got a late equaliser v FVR 3-3.

A very good weekend for Town. If your look at damage limitation then this is a very good return. Don't forget though - the wheels have fallen off 

Pint Pint Pint

ESS TEE EFF SEEE

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Saturday, January 11, 2020, 16:50:48 »

The “yeah but we can’t beat good teams” narrative can firmly be put to bed.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Saturday, January 11, 2020, 16:51:37 »

Well. Me of little faith. That couldn’t really have gone a lot better against tricky opposition. And Stefpol, we controlled that second half.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Abrahammer

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Saturday, January 11, 2020, 16:51:54 »

Just wondering if Bowyer has either lost the plot or got very desperate. He started with Doyle & Vaughan, some 30+ goals between them. Brought on Oteh (granted he scored) but also brought on McCarten. Are they playing 4-2-4 now? Smacks of desperation.

If you can't get Doyle scoring then you never will. He looks like a kipper has slapped him in the willy.

Fantastic result for Town and considering we are a one man team...goals from each position all over the park (LB, CM, ST) and two were absolute beauties...that's not bad going. Bradford only managed one goal with an on loan player they were saying they should send back. Hmmm I hope Fordy & MitchelWeb (or whatever) are watching.

Exeter keep up the pressure but that's good. Yet we are 9 (nine) pts clear of 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th. We're 11 (eleven) pts clear of 8th.

Oh and Mansfield just got a late equaliser v FVR 3-3.

A very good weekend for Town. If your look at damage limitation then this is a very good return. Don't forget though - the wheels have fallen off 

Pint Pint Pint

ESS TEE EFF SEEE

Let it go, it’s not good for your health
Flashheart

« Reply #352 on: Saturday, January 11, 2020, 16:52:05 »

An excellent result, I would have taken a point.

3 points clear at the top.
9 points clear from 4th
11 points clear from 8th

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Saturday, January 11, 2020, 16:52:40 »

Woolery my MoM. He put a real shift in.

As did all of them. Very impressed.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Saturday, January 11, 2020, 16:52:47 »

Great result. 9 point gap to 4th place. Who would have thought that at the beginning of the season.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Saturday, January 11, 2020, 16:53:18 »

36% possession in the match is a laughably wrong stat.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Saturday, January 11, 2020, 16:53:21 »

Best win of the season by far that every player to a man did their job, massive under the circumstances. No subs needed as well which is a bonus. Other than a couple of 10 minute spells we had Crewe well controlled and they couldn't handle our high press.

Ref was awful I must say.
Abrahammer

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Saturday, January 11, 2020, 16:53:25 »

Great result. 9 point gap to 4th place. Who would have thought that at the beginning of the season.

Reg maybe?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #358 on: Saturday, January 11, 2020, 16:53:29 »

Well. Me of little faith. That couldn’t really have gone a lot better against tricky opposition. And Stefpol, we controlled that second half.
We never really looked in any danger even at 1-1.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Saturday, January 11, 2020, 16:55:36 »

What a contrast with the disappointment of the late equaliser vs Bradford last week.  Well done, Town!  Bradford result and its possible implications for GP's future with them is the icing on the cake.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: