Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: First Test  (Read 10884 times)
Scot Munroe

« Reply #45 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 18:14:01 »

Totally pathetic defeat. No bottle again. Put the B team out for the second test. They'd do a better job than these overpaid clowns.

what are you on. They just beat australia 2-0 in there backyard. We had them 4 down after lunch but came against a genius in the little master Tendulkar. fair play to India they beat us. we gave them a run for their money. It was taken away from us when Sehwag went mental thinking it was a 20-20 game.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #46 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 18:16:49 »

Meh, this result is no different to all the others.

Very few crickets nations throw away tests like good ol' England.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 18:26:37 »

what are you on. They just beat australia 2-0 in there backyard. We had them 4 down after lunch but came against a genius in the little master Tendulkar. fair play to India they beat us. we gave them a run for their money. It was taken away from us when Sehwag went mental thinking it was a 20-20 game.

Gave them a run for their money? Don't make me laugh. We had them down for the count for 4 days but still lost. It's a joke. Would you be happy if STFC lost a game being 4-0 up? No you wouldn't.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 18:27:52 »

That sounds like we gave them a run for their money tbf

Things get better but they never get good
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 18:31:33 »

And then gave up. That 2005 side would have crushed them by 150 runs. I won't go on. I like a bloody good moan about how crap the cricket team is.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #50 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 18:46:42 »

again we go back to the ashes 2005 side. they will never play again together. We had India on the ropes for 3 days not 4. 4th day they fought back. I am not going to moan about this defeat because we got beaten by a team on the top of their game and a batsman who is proably the best in the world atm.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 18:51:12 »

At the moment? Theres quite a strong case for tendulkar to be reagrded as the best ever

Things get better but they never get good
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 21:07:17 »

Brilliant match,i feel Petersen wanted to bat out the fourth day  and get another hundred runs...India won it,England didnt throw it,but a more experienced man wouldve have batted out the innings that would probably guaranteed a draw...oh and for the people Knocking Peterson he played the whole match with a fractured Rib cos he felt it that important to play after the terrorist tradgedy,so well done to both teams on a great game.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 21:13:56 »

And then gave up. That 2005 side would have crushed them by 150 runs. I won't go on. I like a bloody good moan about how crap the cricket team is.

I put it to you sir, that you are the STFC Bart of Cricket. Except you generally reply to posts calling you names.

Bloody good match, but I'm gutted we've lost. I dearly hope they play Shah next week.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 21:21:07 »

Who would you drop Nemo....ive lost patience with Harmisson hes offering nothing at present.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 21:26:41 »

Who would I drop? I could make a case for quite a few:

Cook: The future but has failed so much recently. No direct replacement helps him out, unless you call Vaughan up.
Bell: When the going gets tough, Ian Bell hides under the table (Cookie for the reference)
Collingwood: Scored a 100 for a last minute reprieve yet again, needs to be under constant threat of being dropped to perform
Harmison: Offers little in India, but then again that's the same for most non-swing seamers
Anderson: Is meant to be able to swing it, didn't at all.
Panesar: Warne is spot on here; he hasn't improved one bit since his debut.

But on the other hand, that wasn't a bad overall performance, even if it was basically a 3 man team (Swann, Strauss, Fred), so it seems harsh to ring the changes. What's Amjad Khan like, I don't recall seeing him bowl?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 21:39:07 »

Not sure about Khan, i like Cook though his fielding cost us in this match,Panesar has to play because hes the best weve got though i feel he dosnt get the backing a spinner like Warne got.
My argument is that India have completly changed the way Test Cricket is played,Sehwag for instance...why not start the bowling with a spinner?...why the same old thing,I like Anderson ,good fielder too with his batting improving.
I think the press talk a lot of bull about the pitches...that pitch was perfect,tons scored and lots of wickets.
Think Bell could make way for Shah for a few matches to give him a run...though Bell is quality he plays like hes having a net...and defo not for the one dayers for me.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 21:41:54 »

Starting the bowling with a spinner?

Because fast bowlers tend to work better with a new ball, if they don't open the bowling we may as well pick four spinners and Fred.

Hell, if we did that we might even get our overs in at the required rate for once.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, December 15, 2008, 21:52:09 »

Well its hard to get a spinner away with the lack of pace..fast bowlers can be wayward and Sehwag wouldnt have started like he did with spin at both ends...not sayind all the time but against players like Sehwag try something different.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: