Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Test squad for Pakistan  (Read 5107 times)
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, September 19, 2005, 15:25:50 »

Its a shame that no place could be found in the squads for Gary Pratt o.b.e as well Smiley  Sad ,he'd be class against the mighty  inzamam,who can bat like a god but runs like a constipated snail Smiley .I love the old potato head,its going to be a great series[hopefully,if we win Smiley ].

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, September 19, 2005, 15:39:12 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
He's a batting all-rounder who bowls off-spin

Sounds like a good option to me, what's his batting like?

I quite like Key but mainly because he looks like one of the kids from those Vauxhall ads.
STFC Village

« Reply #17 on: Monday, September 19, 2005, 15:39:28 »

"Constipated snail"
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, September 19, 2005, 15:53:38 »

I quite like Key but mainly because he looks like one of the kids from those Vauxhall ads

Smiley  Have to say the reason i like Key is because of the same non-sporting reasons,i mean he looks like a cricketer,just put a big beard on him and he is the Dr W.G Grace.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, September 19, 2005, 17:53:59 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
Quote from: "Boeta"
He's a batting all-rounder who bowls off-spin

Sounds like a good option to me, what's his batting like?

Very classy and he will be an international quality player... in a couple of years. The selection is too early and he should be in the Academy squad where he'd actually get a game this winter. Still he isn't a bad choice, just that I don't think he'll play and it would have done him better in the Acad.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2005, 16:36:17 »

why is shaun udal in the team? why.... :-))(
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2005, 16:38:30 »

Quote from: "Johno"

Because he's the best of spinner in the country at the moment....good experienced cricketer.....Fred Titmus was still bowling for England well inot his 40's
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2005, 16:40:15 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "Johno"

Because he's the best of spinner in the country at the moment....good experienced cricketer.....Fred Titmus was still bowling for England well inot his 40's

You mean the best spinner in the country who can also hold a bat and can field. I reckon Monty Panesar is a better spinner but he's like Phil Tufnell when it comes to batting and fielding and therefore doesn't fit into the ethos of this England side, particularly when the chances of the 2nd spinner getting a game is slim.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2005, 16:51:32 »

Panesar is slow left arm though...and we've already got in the King of Spain the global market leader in the art.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2005, 17:05:12 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Panesar is slow left arm though...and we've already got in the King of Spain the global market leader in the art.

Jones and Hoggard are both right arm swing bowlers. Should we drop one of them? If they're good enough then it doesn't matter if they move the ball the same way as someone else in the side. However, I think this tour is too early for Panesar although I'd have liked him to be in the academy.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, September 22, 2005, 20:44:38 »

talking about the academy, quite annoyed not too see a certain J.Hildreth of somerset be selected? will be an england international.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, September 22, 2005, 21:08:14 »

Hildreth is obviously a talented player but he didn't have a particularly great season especially for someone who plays at the batsman's heaven that is Taunton. He doesn't deserve a spot this year ahead of any of the other batsmen that have been picked
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, September 22, 2005, 21:29:12 »

prior in, wright and yardy in the academy, sussex whhoooah sussex whoooah
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, September 22, 2005, 21:38:52 »

Yardy's technique's fucked though isn't it. It would never stand up at the top level
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, September 22, 2005, 22:43:05 »

he has improved this season tenfold, he is now pretty awesome, plus when the academy gets there hands on him and he keeps improving he WILL become an england regular, plus his bowling has been monumentous this season he has been a match winner on 3 or 4 occasions. watch him grow into a top class test all rounder.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: