Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Test squad for Pakistan  (Read 5109 times)
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« on: Monday, September 19, 2005, 10:18:24 »

Its a 16 man squad,so we've got 11 straight away,the mighty ashes winners Smiley,its just the rest.
Colly will go,its between jimmy and tremlett for the fast bowlers,has to be jimmy.Chris Read to go because  he is a wicket keeper that can  keep wicket :shock:.Not sure about batsmen,but one out of Key and Shah are the favourites to go.Then the spinners, Batty is the man in posession of the sub- spinner spot[unlucky sod],but others who have been mentioned are louden and swann.I'd like louden to go,not that i know anything about it  Smiley ,but beefy said on sky that he was good and that is good enough for me.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 19, 2005, 10:22:10 »

Quote from: "larwood"
Its a 16 man squad,so we've got 11 straight away,the mighty ashes winners Smiley,its just the rest.
Colly will go,its between jimmy and tremlett for the fast bowlers,has to be jimmy.Chris Read to go because  he is a wicket keeper that can  keep wicket :shock:.Not sure about batsmen,but one out of Key and Shah are the favourites to go.Then the spinners, Batty is the man in posession of the sub- spinner spot[unlucky sod],but others who have been mentioned are louden and swann.I'd like louden to go,not that i know anything about it  Smiley ,but beefy said on sky that he was good and that is good enough for me.

Loudon is a toff....Old Etonian type.....apparently he can bowl a doosra.

Swann is talented, but doen't like hard work.

Smeeton had 3-16 yesterday.....bowling off breaks, and could come into the frame.
fatbury

« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 19, 2005, 10:28:14 »

Squad id pick
Vaughan (capt)
Trescothick
Strauss
Pietersen
Bell
Flintoff
G Jones
S Jones
Giles
Harmison
Hoggard
Anderson
Collingwood
Batty
Prior
Solanki? (hes my wildcard as he can bat a bit, good fielder and spinner too)
Compo

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 19, 2005, 11:01:24 »

Hopefully me and me cuz (lives in Brizzol but she is a town fan) will be getting out to Pakistan land, to join up with the Barmy Army, thats if we can get some tickets sorted........   Beers  Beers  Beers
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, September 19, 2005, 11:05:09 »

Quote from: "Compo"
Hopefully me and me cuz (lives in Brizzol but she is a town fan) will be getting out to Pakistan land, to join up with the Barmy Army, thats if we can get some tickets sorted........   Beers  Beers  Beers

Not sure you'll do much  Beers , in the Islamic paradise that is Pakistan...now the  :doobie: should be good.
Compo

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, September 19, 2005, 11:13:03 »

Its not to bad in the hotels, as they seem to cater for foreigners, and laws seem more relaxed, but we will just have to hope we can get beered up  Beers  England till i die!  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/compo71/IMG_0411.jpg
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, September 19, 2005, 11:28:10 »

apparently he can bowl a doosra

bet he can't, but he'd still probably be my spin choice after gilo

officially blacker than the night.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, September 19, 2005, 11:54:50 »

Loudon can bowl a doosra of sorts. It's not that impressive but at least he doesn't chuck like almost every other player who bowls one does. Loudon's a quality bat but his bowling is not up to standard yet.

I can't really understand the selection of Udal. I know he's had an excellent year but I'm not convinced he's anywhere near international quality.

Looking forward to seeing Liam Plunkett in the one-dayers.
Spud

« Reply #8 on: Monday, September 19, 2005, 12:57:25 »

Weve been going forward for years so why bring in 36 year old Udal?. I hope he proves me wrong. Cool
larwood

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, September 19, 2005, 13:05:03 »

Smeeton had 3-16 yesterday.....bowling off breaks, and could come into the frame.

Smiley With the selection of the 36year old udal,that isn't such a crazy idea Smiley .Fair enough he's had a great summer,but he's too old,it seems a bit pointless.

And fate has just
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, September 19, 2005, 13:18:06 »

Quote from: "larwood"

Smiley With the selection of the 36year old udal,that isn't such a crazy idea Smiley .Fair enough he's had a great summer,but he's too old,it seems a bit pointless.

I think its fair enough to take Udal, as he's probably the best we've got at the moment and Loudon is there to learn...after all with slow bowling, along with more stiffness than Sussex red on a Brighton nudist beach, advancing years brings guile and craft.
larwood

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, September 19, 2005, 13:19:52 »

along with more stiffness than Sussex red on a Brighton nudist beach

Cheesy

And fate has just
Spud

« Reply #12 on: Monday, September 19, 2005, 13:23:40 »

Is Loudon a spinner then people?. :-))(
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, September 19, 2005, 13:29:12 »

He's a batting all-rounder who bowls off-spin
larwood

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, September 19, 2005, 13:30:12 »

Is Loudon a spinner then people?.

Yeah he is,i only found this out the other day when i watched a one day game and beefy was going on about him,otherwise i'd know nothing about the bloke Oops .The county game just passes me by,i'm sad to say.

And fate has just
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: