Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Bury - Official Match Day Thread  (Read 23190 times)
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 16:47:26 »

Seems like I'm in the minority but I strangely enjoyed today's game. I don't think we are far off being a very decent side. We caused Bury a lot of problems in a decent spell in the first and then for most of the second we looked alright.

Thought Obika was very good, should have scored twice. Delfonz made a lot of runs and held the ball up well. Murray looked good and is still getting upto speed, will be a good signing. Brophy looked threatening but it always seemed to take an age for the ball to get too him.
Thompson/Branco were decent enough.
Usually think Barry gets unwarranted critisism but he was dogshit today bar one decent cross.

Up the tempo, have a fucking shot when we're in the box and we will be fine.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 16:48:00 »

So why are we playing that way if the Manager has told the players to play at a different pace/tempo?  I don't understand.  LW sets these parameters.  Are the players ignoring him?

I said earlier this was a big game for LW....needed a reaction from last week.....and didn't get it in a positive sense. We're still way too easy to play against, even for modest Div 3 teams.

The alarm bell is being dusted off, and given a routine check for working efficiency.
digby

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 16:54:22 »

Barry had an absolute stinker - nearly everything he touched went tits up. Fonz looked alright, nothing special.

Branco my MoM if anyone was worth that accolade. We just don't have the guile to break down even average defences.

The ref was fucking bizzare.

Totally agree with all of that !
Murray looked really good, apart from THAT pass !
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #108 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 16:57:48 »

Both teams were total shit but Bury were organised, dirty and got the breaks. we pressed the self destruct button and yet again beat ourselves. The ref was a total cunt and if going in late and over the top was an olympic event then Bury struck gold. The challenge on JSW was a straight red and the ref waved play on. Kassim got booked for a full blooded challenge identical to one of theirs a few seconds earlier which went unpunished. The "goal" was bizarre. The ref totally lost the plot aad they took full advantage roughing us up.  
That said though the first hour we were total shite. Barry had a game to forget. Thomas was anonymous. I didn't rate Murray today but he's fitted straight into the team by fucking up for their second goal. Good ball in for ours though. There's a decent player there though. Our set pieces were shit and our movement was as flacid as my dick after 10 pints.
MOM for me was either Kasim, who was essentially our midfield or Branco who despite moving from right to left looked pretty solid.
All in all a shit afternoon. A reasonable result would have been 0-0.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 17:06:51 »

Referee said linesman thought Murray's shot went straight in so did not flag. Referee thought Obika was offside. He clearly wasn't.

Now I'm more confused!

Did Murray's shot get deflected by Obika ? If so, I can only assume that means the lino saw Obika offside but didn't think he'd touched it. Whereas the ref didn't see the offside but did seethe touch.

I still can't remember seeing player protests prompting the officials to question their original decisions..To do so after so long was...odd.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 17:08:06 »

The teams were virtually lined up ready to restart after the 'goal'. Surely the first thing a ref does when a goal is scored is check his linesman who had not flagged. Wtf went on to disallow it I haven't a clue.

Kasim was a definite yellow, though. Surprised it ended 11 v 11
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 17:11:53 »

There should be a rule that they can't rule it out once "Glad all over" has started playing ...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 17:12:32 »

Absolutely no point in blaming the officials for today, we were simply dreadful. We started like a group of 11 people who had never met before, let alone played football together and didn't wake up until the outrage following the disallowed goal. Even then, our response was misguided and the players seemed more interested in getting booked for stupid/reckless challenges.

We utterly dominated the second half and Bury weren't interested in doing anything other than sitting back yet we couldn't break them down at all.

Barry is a player whom I am usually indifferent about, neither impressive nor poor, however today he was atrocious. Brophy similarly had a shocking first half but again impressed in the second half - what the fuck is that all about? It's pointless carrying him as a passenger at the start of a game.

The biggest problem is our rigidity. We have no other approach or plan. Our options on the bench were one of the worst fullbacks I've ever seen, a kid, he who shall not be named, a non-league striker and like for like replacements in Goddard and Furlong.

I read in the programme before the game that Bury had not scored more than 1 goal at the County Ground since the 70s. It was at that moment I knew they'd score at least 2.

p.s. Conor Thomas is such a poor player, I'd prefer to see Rodgers in midfield
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 17:17:08 »

That was the most inept referring performance I have seen for a long long time.  Ive never sen a referee overturn his decision to give a goal after 2 minutes.  After the players have celebrated, after glad all over has been played, after it has notched up on the scoreboard.  Its not a question of a dodgy decision its a question of how long before allowing the pressure of players complaining change your mind.  Furious.  

How it can be excusable even if its the right decision, which apparently it wasnt, is unfathomable.  Ive always questioned why players rush the referee to protest a decision.  Because clearly hes not going to change his mind is he.  Well apparently even that certainty in football has gone.

The game has gone.

Of course having said that we were poor.  Bullied by a big dirty team unfortunately the ref joined in and bullied us as well.

Never knowingly overstated.
lambourn red

« Reply #114 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 17:27:34 »

Brad Barry is stealing a living from a real footballer , I know he is a trier blah blah but my god he is Hellenic league standard at best he offers absolutely nothing.
I thought Murray looked OK and Brophy looked good in patches not too sure about Conor Thomas although he does get stuck in. We really missed Doughty today his driving runs forward the build up play was slow at times, Bury attacks broke down time and time again but we go backwards and sideways allowing them to all get back to there positions rather than being dynamic and bursting forward.
Next game I would like to see Furlong in the Barry position with Branco, Thomo and Jones in the Back 3 sounds like Doughty will be out for the next couple after having his appendix out. Just so frustrating that we start to play after gifting a 2 nil head start.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 17:36:16 »

One of our many problems, is the inability to find a settled side, due to call ups, suspensions, injuries etc.

So we end up with lads, playing in what should be the key partnerships across the pitch, not having experience of playing together, hence no understanding.

No doubt the process will repeat for Tuesday, as may the outcome.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 17:37:47 »

Think I had my rose tinted specs on today as Im not nearly as negative as everyone else.

We didnt deserve to lose today
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 17:42:24 »

https://twitter.com/onemoardave/status/777200388730650625

Things get better but they never get good
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 17:43:49 »

Think I had my rose tinted specs on today as Im not nearly as negative as everyone else.

We didnt deserve to lose today

OK, we were on the wrong end of another inept referee, but we are too easy to play against for even modest Div 3 teams, which ultimately is the reason for defeat.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 17:44:52 »

Sigh...

He also missed Popes 'tackle' on JSW
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: