Pages: 1 ... 1602 1603 1604 [1605] 1606 1607 1608 ... 1933   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4560882 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #24060 on: Thursday, August 20, 2020, 20:53:12 »

Threw an American football around in a local park with a couple of like-minded individuals (in a socially distanced fashion).  This was the first bit of outdoor exercise for months. Just need to lose about 2 stone of recently added bulk.

Nothing to see here
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #24061 on: Thursday, August 20, 2020, 21:11:46 »

Our sons GCSE results. Pretty much on target for the two years of hard work and as consistently predicted by his tutors over the same period.

Any schools who succumbed to over inflating their pupils results should be ashamed and will have done the kids a disservice and will get found out eventually.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #24062 on: Friday, August 21, 2020, 06:04:27 »

To the gallows with them!

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #24063 on: Friday, August 21, 2020, 08:08:33 »

To the gallows with them!

Extreme even for me. How about six of the best while shackled naked in stocks for each pupil they shafted with over inflated results? In the interests of equality both male and female teachers. To help the countries finances charge people £20 PP to watch. Stop the teachers pay for every day they have off to lick their wounds. Should do it nicely.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #24064 on: Friday, August 21, 2020, 08:26:43 »

How about Gavin Williamson is given a lash for every pound its going to cost the taxpayer to correct this completely predictable fuck up.  And Cummings and Johnson can have a lash for every pound paid to Cumming and Gove's mates to facilitate this shit shower.

Granted we'd have to find the world hide and seek champion who allegedly runs the country. Obviously we'll ignore the stress and hassle its caused to hundreds of thousands of kids and parents.  Cos, you know, that sort of shit isn't important unless it can have a cash value attached to it.

Never knowingly overstated.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #24065 on: Friday, August 21, 2020, 08:36:44 »

Our sons GCSE results. Pretty much on target for the two years of hard work and as consistently predicted by his tutors over the same period.

Any schools who succumbed to over inflating their pupils results should be ashamed and will have done the kids a disservice and will get found out eventually.

Congratulations to your son on getting the grades he deserved.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #24066 on: Friday, August 21, 2020, 08:50:53 »

How about Gavin Williamson is given a lash for every pound its going to cost the taxpayer to correct this completely predictable fuck up.  And Cummings and Johnson can have a lash for every pound paid to Cumming and Gove's mates to facilitate this shit shower.

Granted we'd have to find the world hide and seek champion who allegedly runs the country. Obviously we'll ignore the stress and hassle its caused to hundreds of thousands of kids and parents.  Cos, you know, that sort of shit isn't important unless it can have a cash value attached to it.

Wouldn’t argue about 1 lash per pound. We could do that for ALL politicians who have pissed our money up the wall. Thing is we’d never get much back and have no politicians, which in of itself may have some appeal.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #24067 on: Friday, August 21, 2020, 09:02:07 »

Congratulations, you and he must be very pleased.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24068 on: Friday, August 21, 2020, 09:07:02 »

Quote from: horlock07
didn't happen!

but I really hope it did
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #24069 on: Friday, August 21, 2020, 09:09:35 »

didn't happen!

but I really hope it did

Dunno, I used to work in the camping trade and we had a fair bit of similar over the years.
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #24070 on: Friday, August 21, 2020, 09:28:50 »

Those inflatable tents are fucking expensive.  How can anyone buy a tent that expensive and not realise it is inflatable.

Either a total fuckwit with more money than sense, or a just total fuckwit, or it didn't happen.

That said Boris is camping (allegedly) at the moment. He's a fuckwit so it is plausible I guess.

No one kills a thread like me....
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #24071 on: Friday, August 21, 2020, 09:31:24 »

Those inflatable tents are fucking expensive.  How can anyone buy a tent that expensive and not realise it is inflatable.

Either a total fuckwit with more money than sense, or a just total fuckwit, or it didn't happen.

That said Boris is camping (allegedly) at the moment. He's a fuckwit so it is plausible I guess.
Is he fuck. He's in rehab.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #24072 on: Friday, August 21, 2020, 11:53:03 »

Congratulations, you and he must be very pleased.

Thanks. We are. Now the real work starts.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #24073 on: Friday, August 21, 2020, 11:55:35 »

Congratulations to your son on getting the grades he deserved.

Thank you. It wasn’t easy watching him do homework and getting shall we say, vexed? Not a naturally gifted academic so yeah we think what he got was fair. Now he knows he has to step it up in his three A level subjects.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #24074 on: Friday, August 21, 2020, 12:10:37 »

It's a stepping stone isn't it.  Ive no idea what O level / GCSE grades I have and I dont think Ive been asked in 25 years.  As long as they get a stamp on the passport that allows them to go to the next step in the voyage thats all that matters. 

Congrats to the son.   

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: 1 ... 1602 1603 1604 [1605] 1606 1607 1608 ... 1933   Go Up
Print
Jump to: