Pages: 1 ... 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 2004427 times)
Chrystovski

« Reply #3120 on: Friday, December 4, 2015, 14:47:23 »

None of us were complaining when Black tried to finance us to the Championship.

If he would of hung around for another 3-4 months he would of succeeded too.

I don't think Jed or Power would have owned the club if he did. We would of been a decent proposition if that was the case.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #3121 on: Friday, December 4, 2015, 14:54:09 »

HAVE. It's would HAVE. Christ.

Yeah we probably would, and that would have cost him £2M (at least). He wasn't going to stick around and there is no way we'd have survived in the Championship without his money. I don't think us being a league higher would've attracted someone willing to pump money in aimlessly.
Chrystovski

« Reply #3122 on: Friday, December 4, 2015, 15:24:47 »

HAVE. It's would HAVE. Christ.

Have...It's would have.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #3123 on: Friday, December 4, 2015, 15:24:51 »

We would have got the championship version of Jed. A higher class of bullshit.
Chrystovski

« Reply #3124 on: Friday, December 4, 2015, 15:26:44 »

Or a Championship market stall seller like Power.

I'm not so sure. A Championship club, relatively free of debt potentially attracting 10K at home.
We might have attracted someone other than a wheeler a dealer.
« Last Edit: Friday, December 4, 2015, 15:30:28 by Chrystovski » Logged
Panda Paws

« Reply #3125 on: Friday, December 4, 2015, 15:56:37 »

A businessman from the far east or the like - best case scenario we're the next Leicester. Worst case, We're the next Cardiff. No thanks, I like us just the way we are.

Genuinely can't think of anything worse than being bought by a far flung billionaire.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #3126 on: Friday, December 4, 2015, 16:53:14 »

A businessman from the far east or the like - best case scenario we're the next Leicester. Worst case, We're the next Cardiff. No thanks, I like us just the way we are.

Genuinely can't think of anything worse than being bought by a far flung billionaire.

Shitting yourself in Church?
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #3127 on: Friday, December 4, 2015, 19:52:13 »

Have...It's would have.

Have; it's would have.

Possibly.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3128 on: Friday, December 4, 2015, 19:56:33 »

A penniless one from Switzerland?

I'm sick of league 1 & 2, I'd risk it.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3129 on: Friday, December 4, 2015, 21:11:18 »

Yup.

Lived in the Reading area when it happened. It took him 10 years and a lot of money but they've made it the next level.

And Swansea. Where I also used to live. They've also bridged the gap with council help.

I live in Swindon now. Nothing. The magic has gone.

Besides, Tails is right. Darlington anyone.
Good grief you have lived in some hell holes..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3130 on: Friday, December 4, 2015, 21:24:30 »

Good grief you have lived in some hell holes..

Yes, yes I have.

But I enjoyed Swansea (as a student) and Swindon (closer to "home" -Ciren). Wouldn't want to move back towards the Thames Valley/South East though. But one town's suburb is much like another.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #3131 on: Saturday, December 5, 2015, 08:42:13 »

Where abouts in Reading did you live? I like it around there, much nicer than Swindon!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3132 on: Saturday, December 5, 2015, 09:05:19 »

Where abouts in Reading did you live? I like it around there, much nicer than Swindon!

I used area a bit liberally Smiley

Firstly we lived near the town centre in Basingstoke. Its reputation was very much deserved when we I moved there - depressing 60's concrete shithole. But they knocked most of the centre down and put up a new shopping centre called Festival Place.

Then we moved to a place called Tadley - marginally closer to Reading. Again (it may have been done before Basingstoke) but the infrastructure changes in Reading around the Madjetski and the building of the Oracle shopping centre improved Reading massively - from average/Swindon style shithole to somewhere we went to shop.

Similar transformations occurred in Swansea starting in 95, and continuing much more recently.

Just goes to show what a complete and utter failure SBC have been over the years. Though the cinema/morrisons/food bit is at last a start.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #3133 on: Saturday, December 5, 2015, 09:11:05 »

Lived in Reading most of my life (since the railway in Swindon closed and my old man got transferred). It's not good enough to be a city but is a not bad town and all in all not a bad place to live. I'm still here 30 years later so that says something I suppose.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3134 on: Saturday, December 5, 2015, 11:02:57 »

I used area a bit liberally Smiley

Firstly we lived near the town centre in Basingstoke. Its reputation was very much deserved when we I moved there - depressing 60's concrete shithole. But they knocked most of the centre down and put up a new shopping centre called Festival Place.

Then we moved to a place called Tadley - marginally closer to Reading. Again (it may have been done before Basingstoke) but the infrastructure changes in Reading around the Madjetski and the building of the Oracle shopping centre improved Reading massively - from average/Swindon style shithole to somewhere we went to shop.

Similar transformations occurred in Swansea starting in 95, and continuing much more recently.

Just goes to show what a complete and utter failure SBC have been over the years. Though the cinema/morrisons/food bit is at last a start.

Surely there's more to life than shopping?  I know it's a controversial view for the early 21st Century.....
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: