Pages: 1 ... 862 863 864 [865] 866 867 868 ... 3980   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9051765 times)
Dozno9

« Reply #12960 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 08:52:52 »

I don't think Williams is a striker and he's done nothing to convince me he's a winger. Perhaps he could be a decent 'keeper, who knows.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12961 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 11:08:50 »

He's a man shit low on confidence. He's a good player. Clinical no, but can make things happen.

The confidence thing is an issue though. It's all a bit Chris Hay in that regard.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12962 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 11:20:09 »

Williams is so annoying, I really really want him to come good but nothing seems to go right at the moment.

2 cases in point, his last minute chance in the first leg and the chance in the first half where he rolled the defender and then 6 yards out ballooned it over.

How did he score so many for Yeovil?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #12963 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 11:30:48 »

He's a man shit low on confidence. He's a good player. Clinical no, but can make things happen.

The confidence thing is an issue though. It's all a bit Chris Hay in that regard.

Just prior to being substituted, he gave up far too easily on a ball not for the first time.  He subsequently got a fair bit of abuse, although the cheering when he was substituted  was a bit unnecessary.

The continued calls for Miles Storey were ott as well.  No disrespect to him, but he's hardly been our saviour, it's almost like some people are blindsighted by the 2 goals he scored against Villa.  Seems a bit unfair on Collins who has been our most prolific striker and did the best out of all the forwards yesterday.
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #12964 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 11:37:45 »

Just prior to being substituted, he gave up far too easily on a ball not for the first time.  He subsequently got a fair bit of abuse, although the cheering when he was substituted  was a bit unnecessary.

The continued calls for Miles Storey were ott as well.  No disrespect to him, but he's hardly been our saviour, it's almost like some people are blindsighted by the 2 goals he scored against Villa.  Seems a bit unfair on Collins who has been our most prolific striker and did the best out of all the forwards yesterday.

Though Collins looked class when he came on yesterday, had some great touches and link up/hold up play was superb
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #12965 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 11:39:52 »

Though Collins looked class when he came on yesterday, had some great touches and link up/hold up play was superb

By far the best striker we had on show yesterday. Puts himself around and looked good on the floor.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #12966 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 11:57:00 »

Not sure i want rooney to sign, hardly the goalscorer we need is he
10 goals 30 appearances I think. Maybe only 15 starts from that total.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #12967 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 11:58:47 »

The Storey chants were more out of desperation, we needed a change up front and he was all we had on the bench.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #12968 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 12:02:58 »

The Storey chants were more out of desperation, we needed a change up front and he was all we had on the bench.

They started before any subs were brought on, which was my point, people were chanting for him over Collins.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #12969 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 12:14:52 »

I think people have short memories with Williams. He was probably the best player in the team, better than Ritchie, for the first half of the season. If you'd asked me then which of the two I'd rather keep I'd genuinely have said Williams.

What's hard to determine is was that an out of character purple patch or the real Andy Williams who's since gone missing? He was poor at the end under Di Canio and has been even poorer since under Macdonald: no strength, no power, no effort. He doesn't even look very quick anymore.

Confidence is definitely an issue. Desire is another. The loss of defence-magnet Ritchie and subsequent absence of space to run into probably a catalyst in both problems; though his lack of effort and application, which always used to be outstanding, is harder to excuse.

Personally I hope we keep him based only on the initial electrifying few months under Di Canio, on the assumption that that player can't have just disappeared completely in the space of an injury hampered half season.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #12970 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 12:36:09 »

Who would we get to replace him?  There isnt exactly a queue of proven 30 goal a season strikers at this level looking to join clubs on a freebie
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #12971 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 12:38:22 »

I think people have short memories with Williams. He was probably the best player in the team, better than Ritchie, for the first half of the season. If you'd asked me then which of the two I'd rather keep I'd genuinely have said Williams.

What's hard to determine is was that an out of character purple patch or the real Andy Williams who's since gone missing? He was poor at the end under Di Canio and has been even poorer since under Macdonald: no strength, no power, no effort. He doesn't even look very quick anymore.

Confidence is definitely an issue. Desire is another. The loss of defence-magnet Ritchie and subsequent absence of space to run into probably a catalyst in both problems; though his lack of effort and application, which always used to be outstanding, is harder to excuse.

Personally I hope we keep him based only on the initial electrifying few months under Di Canio, on the assumption that that player can't have just disappeared completely in the space of an injury hampered half season.
I wonder whether an offer of a better contract elsewhere is a reason? (A question based on nowt else but comparison with Billy Paynter)

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #12972 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 12:42:14 »

I may be entirely making this up, but didn't he get injured earlier in the season colliding with a keeper and since has lost his nerve at any form of physical challenge?
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #12973 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 12:50:19 »

I may be entirely making this up, but didn't he get injured earlier in the season colliding with a keeper and since has lost his nerve at any form of physical challenge?

You're not making it up.  He hasn't been the same since.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12974 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 12:59:45 »

Just prior to being substituted, he gave up far too easily on a ball not for the first time.  He subsequently got a fair bit of abuse, although the cheering when he was substituted  was a bit unnecessary.

The continued calls for Miles Storey were ott as well.  No disrespect to him, but he's hardly been our saviour, it's almost like some people are blindsighted by the 2 goals he scored against Villa.  Seems a bit unfair on Collins who has been our most prolific striker and did the best out of all the forwards yesterday.

I agree with all of that. Collins actually battled for the ball and was easily our best striker yesterday (and I think in general, though he has his ineffective games)

Though I thought the Storey chants started when we were still a goal down and Collins was already on the pitch...
Pages: 1 ... 862 863 864 [865] 866 867 868 ... 3980   Go Up
Print
Jump to: