Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Crewe pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 72988 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #120 on: Saturday, January 11, 2020, 10:36:29 »

So what happens when we go up in April? Room for him in league 1?
If he improves then definately, he has shown he has the capacity to improve some parts of his game, his heading has improved a lot over the last season, if he doesn't then he will be a bit part player at best.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, January 11, 2020, 10:45:28 »

If he improves then definately, he has shown he has the capacity to improve some parts of his game, his heading has improved a lot over the last season, if he doesn't then he will be a bit part player at best.

Indeed, that’s how I see it.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, January 11, 2020, 11:25:28 »

Any news on Lydens red? Presuming we overturned it
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, January 11, 2020, 11:33:28 »

Heart saids 1-0 town but head is saying 3 nil drubbing by crewe today  No att 7890
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, January 11, 2020, 11:39:12 »

I’ll be watching behind the sofa with a friend
I think someone has filled that with methylated spirit

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #125 on: Saturday, January 11, 2020, 11:48:27 »

I’ll be watching behind the sofa with a friend

You do know that Google translate agrees with Benzel and says that says Methylated Spirit. Cheesy

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, January 11, 2020, 11:52:50 »

Really?

Ah well. In for a penny . . .
Peter Venkman

« Reply #127 on: Saturday, January 11, 2020, 11:54:18 »

Really?
Definately Maybe.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, January 11, 2020, 12:14:15 »

Absolutely, there definately is a good player in there somewhere.

One minute a world beater, the next a meat beater.

If he could improve his getting shots on target or improve his crossing and he would be a really good player, his heading has improved a lot as has his throw ins but the critical end peice is still too often wayward.
He’s also third in the whole league when it comes to assists but that seems to get ignored by many.

He was fucked by the end or the Bradford game, hardly surprising though as the Christmas period will have caused a lot of fatigue especially on players that rely on pace. Hopefully the gap between games means he is fresh today.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #129 on: Saturday, January 11, 2020, 12:16:42 »

He’s also third in the whole league when it comes to assists but that seems to get ignored by many.

He was fucked by the end or the Bradford game, hardly surprising though as the Christmas period will have caused a lot of fatigue especially on players that rely on pace. Hopefully the gap between games means he is fresh today.
I think no manager has known where to play Woolery in the past, what role is best, hes not a striker, hes not a winger, he is versatile but he needs to specialize in one position to get the best from his ability.

normy

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, January 11, 2020, 12:20:12 »

It's a good feeling going to the match anticipating that they will work hard as a team, despite any (temporary) changed personnel.

ust be the oldest
Peter Venkman

« Reply #131 on: Saturday, January 11, 2020, 12:22:47 »

It's a good feeling going to the match anticipating that they will work hard as a team, despite any (temporary) changed personnel.
Indeed, even when we play shit, which is rarely, every player wants to play for each other, theres definately a togetherness about the squad this season rather than a team of individuals.

I am actually looking forward to games again, enjoying the football, most of the time, I think most Town fans are apart from the most cynical negative ones, of which there are a few.

For the first time in years we are a team again. Thats from the management down.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Saturday, January 11, 2020, 12:25:40 »

I think no manager has known where to play Woolery in the past, what role is best, hes not a striker, hes not a winger, he is versatile but he needs to specialize in one position to get the best from his ability.
Where Wellens plays him is his perfect position. As he’s able to win things in the air with a couple of flick one for Doyle already this season. Also allows him to get down the side of the opposition defence.

7 assists and 2 goals is a decent 1st half of the season for a wide player.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, January 11, 2020, 13:11:08 »

Indeed, even when we play shit, which is rarely, every player wants to play for each other, theres definately a togetherness about the squad this season rather than a team of individuals.

I am actually looking forward to games again, enjoying the football, most of the time, I think most Town fans are apart from the most cynical negative ones, of which there are a few.

For the first time in years we are a team again. Thats from the management down.

100%  agree.

ust be the oldest
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, January 11, 2020, 13:24:17 »

Don't know if anyone said but Wellens is on 5 live after 2 apparently and then on the Football league show, on something called 'Quest' later tonight.

I now feel its inevitable we'll lose today! 

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: