Pages: 1 ... 206 207 208 [209] 210 211   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 378876 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3120 on: Monday, April 29, 2024, 12:43:33 »

It is the players call if he is coming to the end of his contract and knows of interest from other teams that agree with his assessment though.

No it is.
Players shouldn’t be dictating to managers where they will or won’t play.
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #3121 on: Monday, April 29, 2024, 12:48:56 »

I’m not gunnings biggest fan but you play where you’re told you’re playing ffs. Whether he’s a nice bloke or not that’s not on. On flip side he just have just been dropped if he refused
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3122 on: Monday, April 29, 2024, 12:55:33 »

Yeah I don't think a player/players should dictate to the manager where they want to play. At the end of the day, you are paid to do what the boss says. Whilst I understand the want to play in a preferred position, to dictate that and effectively undermine your manager isn't good.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Anonymous77

Ignore
« Reply #3123 on: Monday, April 29, 2024, 19:48:30 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0htx1vw

Few interesting comments here. Kokolo and Bycroft want to be here next season, Drinan and Minturn confirmed they will defo be here.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #3124 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2024, 06:04:46 »

No it is.

Agree, but then again, there are a lot of things players shouldn't be doing but do, and managers also..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #3125 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2024, 08:46:41 »

No it is.

In most cases I'd agree, but under these circumstances you've got a senior player, one of the most experienced in the squad and a rookie manager with zero experience managing a football team. Gunning should have been leaning on his senior players to help him out but it sounds more like it was his way or the high way. Not surprising he didn't get the respect from the players he might have wanted and that could well have cost him the job.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3126 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2024, 09:08:46 »

In most cases I'd agree, but under these circumstances you've got a senior player, one of the most experienced in the squad and a rookie manager with zero experience managing a football team. Gunning should have been leaning on his senior players to help him out but it sounds more like it was his way or the high way. Not surprising he didn't get the respect from the players he might have wanted and that could well have cost him the job.

Not up for debate.
Players don’t dictate to the manager.
You mention experience but Gav has over 2.5x more professional league games under his belt than FBT has at this point of his career.

Sure, Gav might have been a complete ass about it. It might have been a horrible decision but that’s his decision to make…

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #3127 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2024, 09:46:21 »

Not up for debate.
Players don’t dictate to the manager.
You mention experience but Gav has over 2.5x more professional league games under his belt than FBT has at this point of his career.

Sure, Gav might have been a complete ass about it. It might have been a horrible decision but that’s his decision to make…

No one is saying it's right, but it happened, and he carried on playing the season out with us, so it is up for debate.  In a club where the rules are enforced and followed, and the manager is given adequate tools to be able to enforce a punishment, there is no debate - in the world of Swindon town there a very few rules and very limited means in which to enforce those rules.  Some of that sits with GG's lack of experience, some of that sits with the hierachy at the club.

It's pretty hard to enforce rules when the rules are regularly being broken at all levels and the club is acting like the tory party.  Stripping a player of the vice captaincy when he is aready working on his next move, but then being in a position where you need to pick him to play every week, doesn't exactly scream "not up for debate"

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #3128 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2024, 14:49:27 »

So do we think they’re waiting until Clem is out of the country to publish the retained list?

Or still trying to persuade McGurk & Glatzel to stay?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #3129 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2024, 15:42:33 »

They could still release the list and mark them as offered deals

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3130 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2024, 15:43:00 »

They could still release the list and mark them as offered deals

I think Rob Hunt is still technically in negotiations...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3131 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2024, 15:54:52 »

I think Rob Hunt is still technically in negotiations...

Remember when they said we bettered Charltons offer for Jack Payne?

Yeah of course they did..
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #3132 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2024, 16:02:58 »

Remember when they said we bettered Charltons offer for Jack Payne?

Yeah of course they did..

TBF I thought they said Payne was offered the best terms they had offered to anyone. I thought it was Payne that said he took less to go to Charlton.

Might be wrong though
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #3133 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2024, 16:30:13 »

Maybe waiting until the final U18 game is done today but probably unlikely
Kronau

Ignore
« Reply #3134 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2024, 19:05:06 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0htx1vw

Few interesting comments here. Kokolo and Bycroft want to be here next season, Drinan and Minturn confirmed they will defo be here.

As possibly the only person on here who follows Swindon and Leyton Orient, I’ve heard Drinan signed in Jan for 2.5 years.
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 208 [209] 210 211   Go Up
Print
Jump to: