Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Three Coaches Depart  (Read 26216 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #45 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 09:44:20 »

Indeed, It's just press-speak for me.

Likewise, when a player is moved on, I generally read "he's a good player but didn't fit our system" as "he's fucking shit"... and so on.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 10:01:35 »

Fair points, but it still doesn't change the fact we need to find 3 replacements sharpish.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #47 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 10:19:54 »

I am sure Power, Williams and Embleton have a few contacts that they will bring in, with ex Brighton, Spurs or Norwich links possibly.

Also Sherwood may be willing to help out until he gets a job.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 10:40:39 »

Fair points, but it still doesn't change the fact we need to find 3 replacements sharpish.

A goalkeeper to coach, is a greater priority than the coach himself....
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 10:46:41 »

We have Belford, an excellent keeper with the right coaching! Wink

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 11:14:11 »

Would these three guys plus Jewell be under contract - if so would we get a "transfer" fee?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 11:22:58 »

Would these three guys plus Jewell be under contract - if so would we get a "transfer" fee?

According to PaulD's interpretation of Hale's words, greater security doesn't mean as I see it  more money, but rather perhaps something like a proper rather than zero hours contract...you know pension payments and stuff.

PaulD says it, it must be right.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 11:43:34 »

Plus, we can always ring Diggers on the bat-phone (for coaching that is)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 13:49:39 »

According to PaulD's interpretation of Hale's words, greater security doesn't mean as I see it  more money, but rather perhaps something like a proper rather than zero hours contract...you know pension payments and stuff.

PaulD says it, it must be right.
It was just a suggestion, a possible alternative to the idea that the only reason behind the move might be financial. Although of course in reality a proper vs "as and when" contract does have financial implications for both employer and employee. No need to get your knickers in a twist because someone suggested an alternative reading of the quote.
Paul Mason

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 15:41:11 »

Been away for a few days and come back to this! Four staff members gone  Hmmm Crying

I don't know anything about Huelin, not a great deal about Jewell other than he is the son of Paul Jewell so don't know what impact he had behind the scenes.

Scott Lindsay seems to have a good reputation as a youth coach, I wasn't aware that Cooper brought him in but I don't think he has been here too long. The one that surprises me and seems a shame is Hale as he appears to have been a long serving member of the club staff. Having read his statement he certainly seems passionate about the club and he has a good track record. Its worrying that a non league club can offer better contracts.

Will be interesting to see who comes in staff wise but also what new players come in other than the new boy Goddard though I feel we will have to be patient, I cant see much movement imminently.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 15:46:09 »

It was just a suggestion, a possible alternative to the idea that the only reason behind the move might be financial. Although of course in reality a proper vs "as and when" contract does have financial implications for both employer and employee. No need to get your knickers in a twist because someone suggested an alternative reading of the quote.
FWIW I read it the same, ie contracts that offer better security and not necessarily more cash. You are not alone, PaulD.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 15:50:28 »

FWIW I read it the same, ie contracts that offer better security and not necessarily more cash. You are not alone, PaulD.

Doesn't it amount to the same? Namely that FGR are a better bet.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 16:10:44 »

Doesn't it amount to the same? Namely that FGR are a better bet.
Yes, of course FGR seems a better bet for the individuals involved.

However, you know we are talking about our interpretations of the Adver report. I just happen to read it as the FGR deals offer better security and not necessarily a higher salary than what STFC have been paying.
Uncletrunx

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 17:19:17 »

Positive, negative or whatever, the basic fact is that a load of our coaches have been poached by a non league team because they offer better contracts.

Is that correct?

If so, one of the following is true:

1) The powers that be (no pun intended) didn't rate them that highly and let them go.
2) The powers that be (as above) didn't know it was going to happen.
3) The powers that be (etc) knew it was going to happen but were unable to stop it.

All 3 options are somewhat worrying for the way the club is run.

"Absolute Calamity!"
Flashheart

« Reply #59 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 17:21:33 »

Why would number 1 be worrying?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: