Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sturrocks next "victim"  (Read 7100 times)
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2006, 23:27:16 »

Quote from: "rockincockinrobin"
I could possibly see Marino Keith, Steve Adams, Romain Larrieu, Mickey Evans coming here.

Would love to see David Friio come out of retirement to play here, he is a very good player and scored loads at plymouth despite being a midfielder!!!!

Would you really think Sturrock would try and make us a Plymouth mark 2? He's not stupid - if there's anything you can ascertain about the bloke in the short time he's been here, it is that. Out of the five names you mentioned, one is retired! On medical grounds as well, I believe. Not to mention the age of the players in question.

As swindon town dave said, why make so many changes? The squad we have now got us here, and with the addition of one or two new players it'd undoubtedly get us promoted. We don't need Plymouth to do it for us.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
SwindonStevo

« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2006, 23:30:51 »

marino keith, im not sure on this but this guys gotta be retired now?
rockincockinrobin

« Reply #47 on: Thursday, November 16, 2006, 00:53:16 »

Quote from: "ibelieveinmrreeves"
Quote from: "rockincockinrobin"
I could possibly see Marino Keith, Steve Adams, Romain Larrieu, Mickey Evans coming here.

Would love to see David Friio come out of retirement to play here, he is a very good player and scored loads at plymouth despite being a midfielder!!!!

Would you really think Sturrock would try and make us a Plymouth mark 2? He's not stupid - if there's anything you can ascertain about the bloke in the short time he's been here, it is that. Out of the five names you mentioned, one is retired! On medical grounds as well, I believe. Not to mention the age of the players in question.

As swindon town dave said, why make so many changes? The squad we have now got us here, and with the addition of one or two new players it'd undoubtedly get us promoted. We don't need Plymouth to do it for us.

Well Mickey Evans is 33, Larrieu is 30, Marino Keith is 32, Steve Adams is 26.

Friio didn't retire on medical grounds, he only retired as he was sick of bench warming for nottingham forest!!

I just think Sturrock will maybe bring in 1 or 2 players that he has worked with before.

I can see him shipping out at least 3 or 4 players maybe more, he will get rid of some dead wood!!!
rockincockinrobin

« Reply #48 on: Thursday, November 16, 2006, 00:55:27 »

French midfielder Friio retires
Nottingham Forest midfielder David Friio is to retire from football.
The 33-year-old arrived at The City Ground from Plymouth Argyle in February 2005 for £100,000.

He will now return to his native France to set up his own football-related business after his contract was terminated by mutual consent.

Friio made more than 150 appearances for Plymouth, scoring 44 goals but following his arrival at Forest, made just 10 starts in 16.

He would be a good player at this level, don't know if Sturrock would try and tempt him out of retirement!!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, November 16, 2006, 08:09:26 »

He said on his phone-in thingy last week that he may well get in touch with Friio.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, November 16, 2006, 08:11:01 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
He said on his phone-in thingy last week that he may well get in touch with Friio.

Only cos I asked him  Cheesy
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, November 16, 2006, 12:53:45 »

Quote from: "DV85"
it was a shit joke, but so is Lonergan and I do worry that having him start is written into the loan deal

Yes it is DV.

Doesnt anyone feel a little pissed off that so much money has been taken out of the RAF to fund this ?

After all IT IS money that the fans have contributed !
Rich Pullen

« Reply #52 on: Thursday, November 16, 2006, 13:03:13 »

Andy Lonergan scored against Leicester a couple of seasons ago in a 1-1 draw.

I don't know what's more bizarre... The fact he scored or that Leicester's goal was from Trevor Benjamin!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, November 16, 2006, 13:14:17 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"

Doesnt anyone feel a little pissed off that so much money has been taken out of the RAF to fund this ?

Yes and no. No more so than Proctor anyway.

The way I see it is that the RAF money was there for the manager and club to bring someone in when he wanted, and that's just what they did.

The 'must start' clause and choice of player is unfortunate, not least because it treated Smith like pooh, but is a separate issue.
mattboyslim

« Reply #54 on: Thursday, November 16, 2006, 13:43:51 »

Exactly Batch, the money is there for the boss to get players, if he signs a duffer then it's on his head, so long as the club don't blame the Trust cos the player signed wasn't up to it!  Ultimately buying a match ticket funds transfers too, if you don't like where your money goes then don't give em any.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #55 on: Thursday, November 16, 2006, 14:33:26 »

On the official site in Sturocks update it says Phil Smith will be starting saturday.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, November 16, 2006, 15:38:03 »

Quote from: "jayohaitchenn"
On the official site in Sturocks update it says Phil Smith will be starting saturday.

I didn't think Sturrock would be interested in keeping Preston happy!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #57 on: Thursday, November 16, 2006, 15:41:44 »

He's "apparently" not not fit for it anyway!

That'll probably keep Preston from getting angry.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #58 on: Thursday, November 16, 2006, 16:20:49 »

Quote from: "RichPullen"

He's "apparently" not not fit for it anyway!

That'll probably keep Preston from getting angry.

apparently being the operative word ;-)
stfc_steve

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 09:34:36 »

to be honest i wouldnt be surprised if whalley goes, i rate him a lot but to see monkhouse and comyn platt go out on loan (((anything could happen)))
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: